refusegetter

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking truck Refusegetter! There's a lot of kidding on this site regarding non-Macks but pride is recognised regardless of the nameplate.

Refusegetter , heres my little pump truck at a job this summer. Its a 1989 Ford L8000 . Just picked up a larger truck this weekend , a Mack Superliner .

Proof right there that a truck doesn't neccessarily need to be dressed up to look good. That's a sharp old Ford. It looks new!

Jim

Nice looking truck Refusegetter! There's a lot of kidding on this site regarding non-Macks but pride is recognised regardless of the nameplate.

Proof right there that a truck doesn't neccessarily need to be dressed up to look good. That's a sharp old Ford. It looks new!

THanks Greendash . We just buffed the oxidation off the tank this week. We keep the frame , wheels etc painted fresh all the time.

I agree! thats been my motto for years,a clean truck is a happy truck!.................................................Mark

Daaaaaaaamn!!!! That's nice! I've only seen a few Anniversary Editions and they've all been black. It looks great in white.

I thought 386 was your rear axle ratio. :idunno:

• Like 1

Jim

I looked long and hard for a white one,i was still leased to Atlas Van Lines when i bought it,so it HAD to be white! ended up buying it through Harvey Mack sales in New Castle,DE. It's been a damn good truck,turned over a million miles earlier this year and has never been apart. Most all the others i've seen have also been black,but i know of at least one thats metallic red. I've only ever seen one other one that was white......................................Mark P.S. My rear axle ratio is 3:90 LOL!

post-5836-0-36903200-1356383327_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

It's not easy to keep a truck clean, especially with what some of these trucks are exposed to. Here in New England most towns use salt to keep the roads clear of ice and off road you've got to contend with mud and trees bushes and branches. It's an endless battle but a clean truck is a happy truck regardless of make/model

You got that right. Started getting mine greased after every load or 2nd load between services and washed after it gets greased. Polish thats another story

• Like 1

I try to wash mine once week in nice weather,maybe twice a month in winter,i give it a good detail inside and out about twice a year,i try to have the wheels done at least once a year,not much exposed metal on mine to be polished,but i am anal about touching up nicks,scratches,chips etc. and i usually steam off the frame,rears etc. and touch them up anually along with the fifth wheel..............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

You got that right. Started getting mine greased after every load or 2nd load between services and washed after it gets greased. Polish thats another story

That was my theory Slpwlker :grease is MANDATORY,polish is EXTRA! Although a clean truck is a happy truck!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

That was my theory Slpwlker :grease is MANDATORY,polish is EXTRA! Although a clean truck is a happy truck!

A friend of mines motto is grease is cheap. I need kingpins from slacking off on greasing the truck as I hate getting under it. So for 47 dollars at speedco I can get all the fittings greased. I think I come out ahead as I have an extra steering box and 2 more axles on the trailer as well as 9 fittings on the neck of the trailer. They are used to regular trucks

Refusegetter , heres my little pump truck at a job this summer. Its a 1989 Ford L8000 . Just picked up a larger truck this weekend , a Mack Superliner .

Did you buy the white Superliner pumper out of Plymouth, MA from CL? It looked pretty good.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

• 3 weeks later...

:SMOKIE-RT:

"My rear axle ratio is 3:90 LOL!"

I'd LOVE a 3.90 axle ratio in my '54 GMC-it's 6.40 on the high range,and 8.?? on the low range. The double Over would be a great thing,if I had the power to use it. With the Brownie in Over and the Clark in 4th it's good for 75 at about 2600. That works okay for me. With about 100 more horses,Double Over would get me 105 at 3,200-WAY faster than the brakes are good for.

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>