Trivia Question

doubleclutchinweasel

Okay,

Here's one the old-timers will remember, but the newer guys may not have seen.

When I was young (and the world was too), one of the local guys bought a new cabover Peterbilt, with a Caterpillar engine in it.

Some of us guys went over to check it out, with full permission of the owner. One of them started it up, just to hear the sound of a new Cat. Beautiful music, to be sure. And, a gorgeous, brand-hammer new truck.

When he was ready to turn it off, he could not figure out how to do so. Turning the key off wouldn't do it. And, there was no shut-off on the dash, like a Mack had. The owner could be seen across the road in the cafe, laughing his ass off at a bunch of goobers trying to kill that big Cat!

Even though I was the youngest of the crowd, I had run Caterpillar off-road equipment, and was the only one who came up with an idea of how it might work. Turns out it did! Made me look really cool to the other guys!

Anybody remember how?

P.S.: No prize money for knowing the answer...just the realization that you're at least as old as I am!!!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

1693's worked that way if they were adjusted right

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Yeah I remember the old 966 and. 980B Cat loaders when I was cutting my teeth on them as a teenager at a friend of my dad's gravel pit, that's right you did have to lift up on the fuel pedal to kill them. I also remember my dads Freightliner with the 3408 and how it had an air over electric solenoid up at the fuel pump and once in a while if would act up and you couldn't shut it off with the key and being a Cabover made it nice to get at it quick to kill it , if you could get the cab up before it smoked the shop out.

Yeah I remember the old 966 and. 980B Cat loaders when I was cutting my teeth on them as a teenager at a friend of my dad's gravel pit, that's right you did have to lift up on the fuel pedal to kill them. I also remember my dads Freightliner with the 3408 and how it had an air over electric solenoid up at the fuel pump and once in a while if would act up and you couldn't shut it off with the key and being a Cabover made it nice to get at it quick to kill it , if you could get the cab up before it smoked the shop out.