Hey there, BigMackTrucks forum! It's been ages since I posted, I kind-of got distracted, but, I've been wanting to get back on the forum. A lot has changed since I last posted. Then I was still swamping and learning the ropes, since then I've been doing some actual driving. I thought I'd create a thread for my truck, "War Horse" (more on the name later). It's a '99 Peterbilt 379 with a 475 6NZ Cat, and 18-speed Eaton (yeah, yeah, I know it's not a Mack!). Here's some photos of the loads I've hauled...

dsc08895edit2.jpg

9040 Case excavator, 110,000lb. gross.

wide2w.jpg

14-ft. wide storage shed. No weight, but, was my first pilot-car load.

coal3.jpg

Banged-up coal-hopper from a derailment...

tightsqueeze2.jpg

One of my favorite photos... 15ft. 6in. going underneath a 16-foot bridge.

watertruck1.jpg

I like this one simply because the trip went so well, nice, easy load!

claw2.jpg

Liebherr claw, about 107,000lbs. This was my first time running in the mountains over 100,000-pounds.

caboose1.jpg

Yes, that is a caboose! About 15ft. 6-in. tall. Took this one up a narrow, windy mountain road.

Troy.

Edited by coloradogreen

IMAGES COPYRIGHT TROY MILLER/ 10-4 MAGAZINE

10-4 Magazine - For Today's Trucker!

creek2smallcroppedsigna.jpg

Photography is a Beautiful Thing...

Contributor - 10-4 Magazine

I'm Not Fearless, I'm Just Stupid.

coal1.jpg

Another coal-hopper, same derailment, about 15ft.-9in. tall. The coal-hoppers with good side-walls were 11-feet wide.

dsc08916c.jpg

Another coal-hopper!

jd350d.jpg

John Deere 350D, about 130,000lbs. gross weight...

Sorry of the shoddy pics, just camera-phone pictures...

Troy.

Edited by coloradogreen

Hard to imagine your that heavy with that 350 on. only on 6 axles. should of been around 120. Cool pics. That tunnel is that on 25 going towards the old truckstop that is closed?

With the thumb on the JD was about 85,000lbs. My truck is about 45,000lbs. empty hooked to a 3-axle Trail King 55-ton.

With an annual permit we can run pretty heavy on the axles, as well. Up to 55,000 on tandem drivers, and 65,000 on the 3-axle trailer grouping.

Troy.

Damn how heavy is the truck. I drove a couple of shakers before I bought my Pete and on 7 axles with a 55 ton Fontaine was at my heaviest 47k usually around 45k full of fuel. Could scale 87k on 7 12,60, and 60. Yeah Co gives you alot of weight but there permits suck. Usually never able to run where you need to for the color code. I'll max out my trailer before I'll ever max axle

Slpwlkr-

My truck is about 20,000lbs. bobtail, so, a little heavier than most road-tractors.

Was/ is your 7-axle a mechanical or a hydraulic neck? The construction-series Trail King hydraulic neck 55-ton lowboys are fairly heavy trailers. Add that the JD had a thumb attachment on the bucket and it was getting up to the limit on 6-axles for my neck of the woods.

Bob- I won't go into a whole lot of details or where/ when/ who, as it was purchased privately. It will be restored, however.

Glad everyone likes the photos!

Troy.

I ran a Hydraulic. Still have a TH55 Fontaine. Mechanicals. Those are for people that like to fight with there trailer. Your alittle heavy bobtail. my bobtail is 28 almost 29k.

You're pulling some amazingly light trailers then if you're 28,000 bobtail and coming in at 45k hooked to a trailer. Hell, I'm 38,000 empty pulling our extendable double-drop, and still about 32k (I think, been awhile since I pulled it) with the Kaelyn 35-ton double-drop.

Troy.

You're pulling some amazingly light trailers then if you're 28,000 bobtail and coming in at 45k hooked to a trailer. Hell, I'm 38,000 empty pulling our extendable double-drop, and still about 32k (I think, been awhile since I pulled it) with the Kaelyn 35-ton double-drop.

Troy.

different truck. the shakers where all 21 to 22k. and on 7 axles with a 50 ton till it broke and a TH55 fontaine with 2 trucks I was 45k With my truck that I own and not a driver for anybody else I am 57 with axle,stinger,full of fuel.

Slpwlkr-

I see, I misread your post. 57k sounds about right with a 28k bobtail. A buddy of mine runs a Pete, double frame, 50k rears, 20k steer and pusher, he's 28000 bobtail and 57k with a 3-1. Sounds like you and he run very similar rigs. Do you have photo of your truck?

Slpwlkr-

I see, I misread your post. 57k sounds about right with a 28k bobtail. A buddy of mine runs a Pete, double frame, 50k rears, 20k steer and pusher, he's 28000 bobtail and 57k with a 3-1. Sounds like you and he run very similar rigs. Do you have photo of your truck?

you got a facebook page?

• 3 weeks later...