saved another one

yup, first fire truck i have done, not first B model. hopefully wont be too challenging although every piece of fire equipment has been stripped off of it except the light.

In the pictures it looks like there is a lot of fire equipment left on the truck. You're missing the ladders, but the brackets are still there. The steamer caps are still there. They are usually the first thing to go. You have a booster real, hard suction, rear spot lights. You even still have the red lenses in the parking lights. I would think they would be hard to find. The compartments are almost always empty even if you buy the truck right out of service from the fire house. It looks like a good start on a unique truck. What is the serial number?

Mike

Looks good Matt!!!! I wish I coulda went with ya!!! But I talked to you at the begginning and end. What about, those, uh, "fenders" Matt?

Looks good Matt!!!! I wish I coulda went with ya!!! But I talked to you at the begginning and end. What about, those, uh, "fenders" Matt?

You would have froze riding on the trailer Vinny. With Matt, Matt's fiance, brother, and friend in a B model cab it was already over crowded. They must be pretty small, i'm over crowded in mine by myself!

When I first got that Peterbilt it had nice looking stainless steel half fenders on it until I put a strap on a load of lumber a little too far forward and crushed the left one when I was leaving the sawmill.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Good luck putting it back together. If you need some help finding the equipment you are looking for send me a PM. Stay away from EBay to buy the items; they are generally much more expensive than you can find them elsewhere. Your best bet is to go to one of the flea markets such as the Spring Melt held in April in Allentown, PA.

Mack used very specific brackets and mounts that are unique to Mack. If you want to keep the original look and not drill new holes you will need to locate those items. If you are unfamiliar with the correct mounts try to check out a complete rig such as FireMack's Radnor B Model.

Most fire truck restorers try to keep the tools and extinguishers period correct. For example the soda-acid extinguishers you used to find in a building were never used on apparatus.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

haha we took my Silverado along to Otherdog as the firetruck doesnt run and needed to be towed on the trailer.i also brought extra antifreeze, oil, blockin, chains, binders and a jack for the ride. good thing as we had to jack the front end of firetruck up and put on blocks to get the front bumper over the gooseneck. i wanted the rear tires off the rear tires of the trailer. all in all an uneventful trip which was good except for a few slooooooooooow hills. the old thermodyne doesnt like those 10 mile hills in Pa with no turbo. also cants exactly hotrod down one hill and up another in Pa cause there is always a 6'' bump at the bottom you have to slow down for and lose your momentum. only got tailgated by a Pa state trooper once and his only concern was gettin the hell around me at 430 pm. must have been shift change haha. workin on gettin it runnin this week. had to order two new sets of points and condensor as they were junk along with the 3 sets in the glovebox. gotta work on the spark plug wires as they are generic and totally junk but hopefully enough to get it running. wanna see how good it runs before i put too much money into it as the Hemi spark plug wire sets are outrageously priced. if its a pos engine i can always put the 413 in it that came from my B613 with a baby quad haha. never know, 2 sticks in a B Mack firetruck?

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

your math is good but yor comprehension needs a little work young vinny lol. i was splainin to Otherdog that i took my pickup along for the ride also with a buncha extras, JUST in case. or if we ended up with my Mack inpounded in western pa, i wouldnt have to hitchhike my ass home

your math is good but yor comprehension needs a little work young vinny lol. i was splainin to Otherdog that i took my pickup along for the ride also with a buncha extras, JUST in case. or if we ended up with my Mack inpounded in western pa, i wouldnt have to hitchhike my ass home

Ohhhhh, so OD didnt go? My comp-re-hension needs a little work? You need to work on your grammer. Proper nouns like names of specific people, places or things should be capatalized. Explaining should be like this. I have a whole list. Hahahahahhahahahahahaha.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Nice save. That must've been quite sight on the highways when you were heading home.

Do you mean the ball that rolling?

Just an interest for the phrase.

"Have a ball' is another way of saying "have fun"

Matt, Im 12. I turn 13 in February.....

I'ts about time. It's seems like you've been 12 for well over a year!

Jim

yup, quite a sight, as a few of those newer trucks pass u at 65+ going uphill when you are going 35 haha then everytime we stopped for fuel we got a crowd (i tried to fueled up as much as possible as fuel in Pa is at least 50 cents cheaper a gallon than NY ) and a few glances from people and older truck drivers on the highway as they looked over and gave the ''holy shit its B model haulin a B model'' look.

• Like 2

yup, quite a site, as a few of those newer trucks pass u at 65+ going uphill when you are going 35 haha then evertime we stopped for fuel we got a crowd (i tried to fueld up as much as possible as fuel in Pa is at least 50 cents cheaper a gallon thn NY ) and a few glances from people and older truck drivers on the highway as they looked over and gave the ''holy shit its B model haulin a B model'' look.

Sounds like quite the trip!

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

You need to work on your grammer. Proper nouns like names of specific people, places or things should be capatalized.

WTF?!? Who is giving advice on spelling and grammer and captialization?!?

"i click on change then chose my picture i want and when i click done it goes back to the same picture i had or it will show the picture there like it worked but when i get out of my profile and go to somthin else it goes back to my old photo."

"Hay guys ive got another problem and i probobly clicked something and i didnt know it. well heres the problem, my profile and everything is sayin im offline all the time and it says "offline private" how do i change that to go back to say when im online that it will say online."

"tom the cabover in the background is a diamond reo or a diamond T."

:whistling:

WTF?!? Who is giving advice on spelling and grammer and captialization?!?

A young girl answers the phone and the caller asks, "May I speak to your father?". The girl says, "My father ain't here." So the caller says, "May I speak to your

mother?" The girl answers, "My mother ain't here". The caller says to the girl, "Young lady, where is your grammar?" The girl answers, "She ain't here, either."

bulldogboy