when did mack switch from tan/brown interior to gray ?

im just wondering what yr mack switched from the tan interior to gray ? my friend recently purchased a mack rd log truck with tan and brown interior and a hood scoop and it has a 5 and 4 tranny. he thinks its a 1986 but i know its older than that. it has round fuel tanks but they were made in 1995.

85 was split the last year of all tan was 84 the first year of all gray was 86 I have an 85 that is gray had an 84 that was tan, almost bought an 85 in tan and there ya go, the word I got was they were using up what they had in 85 remember some trucks built in 84 were 85's and some built in 85 were 86's that would explain the color overruns.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

yeah i think shes a mutt. it has hendickson rubber block suspension and mack rears with cone style axles six lug . deffinately a strange truck. it also has button tuck headliner and a oil fied truck type bumper. ill post a picture the next time i see it.

yeah i think shes a mutt. it has hendickson rubber block suspension and mack rears with cone style axles six lug . deffinately a strange truck. it also has button tuck headliner and a oil fied truck type bumper. ill post a picture the next time i see it.

my 84 rw had the brown button tuck interior on a tan base that was the high level interior option back then, after they went to east coast production only the button tuck died, a sad day if you ask me.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Do you mean folks gray is a metallic gray painting on interior metal parts?

I have it in my 88 and meant of a reason this strange paint in relation to light green outside.

I used to see European vehicles. They just paint everywhere the same color. Any vehicle that has different inside/outside seems to me as recolored.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Vlad...standard macks in the early 80s had a tan interior paint with a tan plastic headliner, tan door panels and lower wall cloth or cardboard panels. in 1985-86 Mack went to a Grey interior paint and had a gray cloth headliner. I also think this is when the grey overhead plastic radio console was introduced? .

I always liked the western button tuck interior with the heat stamped bulldog door panel best.

Vlad...standard macks in the early 80s had a tan interior paint with a tan plastic headliner, tan door panels and lower wall cloth or cardboard panels. in 1985-86 Mack went to a Grey interior paint and had a gray cloth headliner. I also think this is when the grey overhead plastic radio console was introduced? .

I always liked the western button tuck interior with the heat stamped bulldog door panel best.

I have seen a few tans that had the overhead console in tan. The 85' that I recently acquired has the tan overhead console. -Brad

I've also seen at least one R model that had a red/maroon interior. It was pretty trashed out when I saw it, think it was probably a early to mid eighties model. I bet it looked really sharp when new. Were there different shades of the tan, and also of the green in the earlier models? My '80 model and two '79 models we had were a somewhat dark tan, but had a '73 that it was a lot lighter shade. Same thing with the green, had a '72 700 model that was pretty dark green, and a '69 and '70 that were lighter shades.

My 76 RS700 came new with tan interior with a tan plastic headliner but in 1989 the second owner put a tan plastic radio console in with all new tan vinyl back cab panel, head liner and door panels. Now the new cab I got for my RS was off an 84 Canadian R600 and it came from the factory with the tan dash and door panels and painted tan inside but had a black plastic radio console and a tan cloth headliner like out of a diamond tuck interior. I thought at first some one put it in there but after a closer inspection it came that way new. I looked at 84 Canadian R700 a few years ago and it had the black dash with the ox blood red diamond tuck interior with the Bulldogs stamped on the door panels as well. I have pictures of it somewhere. I'll have to dig. I'll have to post some pics of the tan interior in my truck as well

Josh :clock_logo:

I interested mostly for is the gray is just a gray, or metallic ?

I have my cab inside with I can say "dark silver" color, with aluminium powder in it.

Had an idea to play with a paint but would like to keep it original if it was factory.

Dash panel is gray with gray radio console. Door panels, seats and floor carpet are dark blue.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

There was another change that happened about the same time (calander year 1986 / model year 1987) along with the silver/gray interior, revised steering wheel and overhead consol, Mack also went with a totally two sided galvanized steel cab. Up until then there were only some galvanized parts (doors?)

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/