WTF is wrong with people

JTFormula

What the hell is wrong with people. My friends wife went to the supermarket yesterday and said insanity broke out. No milk, no bread, no eggs (or just about) as well as water and other items were completely sold out. Lines out the door etc. Fights were about to break out over food.

Ok I understand it a pretty good storm on its way but we don't live in the middle of the Artic where people are going to be stuck in their houses for weeks on end. The storm will pass in a day or day and a half. Then guess what? You can go about your business.

I went to WAWA on the way home to pick up a couple things because guess what, we actually needed them. No soda 2l bottles, only 2 loaves of bread left. Potato chips were 75% sold out too.

What are these people going to do for the Mayan calendar ending or Alien attack?

• Like 2

I think people are panic-striken because many many places that depend on electrically/computerized cash registers/checkouts simply shut down if the power goes out- it's not like 20 years ago when you could go down to the corner grocery store that doesnt have power and buy some stuff and have gramps ring it up using the manual cash register.....Nevermind some dumbass teen ager (with a few exceptions) trying to do that nowadays and count you out change for a twenty for 11.67 in purchases. Same thing goes for gas and fuel- get it now while you can while there is still power. Here in the Southeaster Pa area, the big snowstorm last halloween put many folks without power for 8-10 days.

I admit it- I gassed up my silverado tonight, and the wife will be gassing up her van tomorrow when she goes to work- she's a home visit nurse and actually needs to make sure she is topped off. I sent her out grocery shopping yesterday for a few gallons of milk for the kids and some other misc. supplies but other then that we're pretty good. Freezer is stocked up with all kinds of goodies, and we can cook on the grill or griddle if we have to. My only fear is losing power AND taking on water in the basement at the same time. I think I have the water problem licked though. Need to get that gen set we keep talking about.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

This should piss off you guys- a friend of mine was just at Lowes here in Bethlehem Pa and there was a guy apparently driving around in a box truck, buying ANY generators he could get his hands on- just walks right into the store and says "I want them all" and lays out a wad of cash as thick as your arm. Then out in the parking lot he got caught selling them back to people for double what the store was selling them for. Rumor has it he and others like him have been doing it for the last 2 days.

Filled up my car and pick up, wifes carand made up 5 gallons of 2 stroke gas. Got propane and White gas for the Coleman lamps and stove,a few gals of water and canned food is always stocked. in the pantry. Went to the hobby shop for parts to complete a project during the storm and saw nothing but animals is the Walmart and gas stations. All panic from Media hype. Grand kid is in a panic over possible loss of the internet...I probably shouldn't have said that during Irene we lost power and all for 12 days....his panic seemed to increase a tad...

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yea we went to town earlier just to get the basic stuff we always do and Wal-Mart was cram packed, funny thing is that the illegal video store was packed when we drove past it. I told candice the last stop for these people was the tobacco store and they will be all set....lol

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

The only person I saw on the news who knew what he was doing...Shopping cart with 4 cases of beer,a ton of pringles, chips, slim jims and a box of candles.....eat, drink, fart and get flash burns...life don't get much better for some :whistling:

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On Craigslist there's a scumbag selling harbor freight gens for double. "Brand new still in the box buy before the storm."

These people need a blunt object to the head.

Is a 230gn hollow point .45 a blunt object at 1000feet per second, if so I agree! I just cant imagine what I might do if some asshole was standing between me and the stuff I wanted and asking double, Im guessing I would just take it from him and leave him there in the inevitable pool of goo.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Wait until next week...all the unused generators will be posted on CL at LOW prices (I hope). BTW, any suggestions for a "good reliable" backup generator? Honda? I thought about buying a PTO driven generator and using one of my tractors to run it.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Wait until next week...all the unused generators will be posted on CL at LOW prices (I hope). BTW, any suggestions for a "good reliable" backup generator? Honda? I thought about buying a PTO driven generator and using one of my tractors to run it.

Honda's are very good units. I used to work for a guy years ago that swore by Yanmar Diesel generators- I only had two bitches with them however.....the "portable" ones were heavy as hell, and also if you did not maintain the battery for the starter, "rope-starting" them was a royal pain in the ass due to the compression, would take three forevers to get it rope started. But once you had the things running as long as you kept fuel and oil in them they would go forever.

I acquired a 6KW Winco once. Had a burned valve and piston, all I needed to do was disassemble, hone the cylinder, lap the valve seats and put in new valves and a piston and she was good to go, I just didnt have the money at the time and gave it to a friend. To this day I still write that off as one of my all-time dumbass moments.

Honda's are very good units, yer gonna pay but they are reliable and have a good warranty. I used to work for a guy years ago that swore by Yanmar Diesel generators- I only had two bitches with them however.....the "portable" ones were heavy as hell, and also if you did not maintain the battery for the starter, "rope-starting" them was a royal pain in the ass due to the compression, would take three forevers to get it rope started. But once you had the things running as long as you kept fuel and oil in them they would go forever.

I acquired a 6KW Winco once. Had a burned valve and piston, all I needed to do was disassemble, hone the cylinder, lap the valve seats and put in new valves and a piston and she was good to go, I just didnt have the money at the time and gave it to a friend. To this day I still write that off as one of my all-time dumbass moments.

As long as you have plenty of fuel to run the tractor.

I have two Troy-Bilt (Lowe's) 5500 gen. They run great.Normal cost about $650, today prolly $750, next week-$300

Down here, alot of NIB gens for 1/2 price as people move, or didn't need for hurricane season

I do feel for y'all that will get hit with this. Looks to be a long term event with wide spread problems

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I checked this morning and the liquor cabinet is stocked well so if we run out of water we can start on the vodka, move to the rum and if we are still thirsty I will have to sacrifice the Jack last for the cause.

• Like 2

FWD

My son in law in Doylestoen, an IT engineer, has a 12 volt back up on his sump pumps and a charger wired up from the garage so he can charge the batterys up from his car if necessary.

A lot of the rush at the stores is that city people today do not have a pantry full of canned goods stocked up for any emergency.

Brocky

• Like 1

Brocky

FWD

My son in law in Doylestoen, an IT engineer, has a 12 volt back up on his sump pumps and a charger wired up from the garage so he can charge the batterys up from his car if necessary.

A lot of the rush at the stores is that city people today do not have a pantry full of canned goods stocked up for any emergency.

Brocky

Brocky I am about 15 miles north of Doylestown. If this storm does what they say it will do, we stand to get anywhere from 6 to 12" of rain and sustained winds of 40mph + gusts of 6-75.

I am seriously considering installing one of those water-evacuation type sump pump backups. Works like a Navy peri-jet, uses the pulling action of flowing water to draw a suction on a line and pulls the standing water out. Dont need any power, as long as the city water is still flowing you are good to go.

Gov Corbett issued an disaster declaration this morning. Hope they let me get home Tuesday morning from Alabama and don't stop me at the border

I'm not sure they'd be able to STOP me from going home...disaster declaration or not. If I had a wife and kids waiting for me at home and no way to know whether they were OK or not (i.e. phone lines are down/cell towers without power), anyone who tried to stop me had better be prepared to meet their maker. It should never be a matter of whether they "let" you go home. I fully understand their motives if their intent is to keep outsiders out...but the homeowner/resident has EVERY right to go home.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!