U model Progress:

Figured you guys would be wonderin what going on with my Sidewinder. Here you go. Everythings all tarped up for the rain. Got the battery boxes off, them crappy angle iron things are gonna be going. Papa took an uneeded air tank off, I used a dremmel tool on my hubs, I had also been scraping more greese on the inside of the frame. Also did some stuff with the air cleaner top, and the other top metal thing I got primed.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Heres the air cleaner metal top thing. Then today, I primed and painted part of the fire wall, and that other rectangular thing that goes in it for my clutch. Then theres a picture of my happy dog Duke. Then the big thing, Papa and I scraped paint of the hood all day! With razor blades. Now all we gota do is sand her down and fill some cracks, then maybe paint.

Coming along really good. I agree with the paint stripes on the hubs. Razor blades... don't that beat all!! With all the red chips flying you and Papa must have looked like you all had "MACK MEASLES" :)

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Coming along really good. I agree with the paint stripes on the hubs. Razor blades... don't that beat all!! With all the red chips flying you and Papa must have looked like you all had "MACK MEASLES" :)

Hahahaha, there was alota crap flying around. I'll run that thing about the hubs by Papa.

get the aircraft stripper in a gallon can. you can probably even thin it out a little bit with laquor thinner so it flows.brush it on, wear gloves and glasses! let it sit til it bubbles and scrub it off with a small wire brush. might take a few times to get the 27 different layers of color off but you will be happier in the end.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I second that motion on the aircraft stripper, pretty expensive but boy does it work well! When I was your age Vin I was helping my father restore old 2-cylinder John Deere tractors, that stripper was the cat's meow on the hard to scrape cast iron surfaces like axle housings, tranmission casings, etc. Seeing these pics and your remark about scraping grease reminds me of all the work I was doing back then on those tractors (and loving EVERY minute of it, too! wouldn't have traded it for the world! )

Keep up the good work you should be proud of the progress you're making! :twothumbsup:

• Like 1

yup, scrapin greese back in the day when you were young and maybe grandpa might sneak u a cigar to smoke with him while your workin on old trucks and no one is lookin.... and you try to smoke it and get a buzz at 14 years old. ah, the good old days

Hahahahahaha, my Papa even laughed at that one!!!

wow looking good,,must be excited,,,i grew up back there,,,and it always seems to rain when your right in the middle of stuff,,,especially outside,,,but thats why its so green,,,plus you can go to dunkin donuts anytime you want.lol.miss those...bob

• Like 1