Obama to business owners: 'You didn't build that'

41chevy

Every thing we have, every success we've had, was given to us by the feds. Remember that what we have, the government allows us to have...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/15/obama-dashes-american-dream-suggests-nobody-achieves-success-alone/

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Every thing we have, every success we've had, was given to us by the feds. Remember that what we have, the government allows us to have...

http://www.foxnews.c...-success-alone/

OK.................SOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........now I get it!! It wasn't Henry Ford who built the Ford Motor co. It was Bozo the Clown!!! Oh yeah and Thomas Edison and Alexander Bell................. Was it NOTTTT Commander Cody and the lost planet airmen that slipped all of there know how under there door!!......... And I knew it all along that it was Fudgy The Whale that was helping Tom Carvel, behind closed doors!! Col. Sander's built KFC ? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH wait just a darn minute here!!!! you mean he was a real Colonel in the army? OK I could understand that!......Dang that Pres. Obama he sure knows what he's talkin about!

• Like 2

I hope the "o" answers his important e mail , that HIS part of MY business needs 2 new trucks and a demo trailer to keep viable.

Oh and I want to thank him for laying in bed at night worrying about making pay roll, permits, getting done in the allotted time with out fines and worrying about having weather related stoppages, equipment failures and worries the imposes on "us".

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

60 hours clock time per week

unknown hrs of OT(Own time) doing maint. and repairs, cleaning

office work, chasing jobs,chasing money,getting parts and supplies,......

But what do you expect from someone that never worked a day in his life

and will never have to now

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

BAD BAD BAD!!! hope it can be stopped!!

Rowdy hit it square on the head! Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Where to begin with this pile of :icon_bs: ....

the president said. “If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there.

It takes more than just being "smart"....you've got to know how to apply those smarts in a practical way to produce something that is useful to somebody else so that you can get paid.

It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

It takes more than just "working hard". Working hard for somebody else is easy and virtually risk free. You also won't ever get rich busting your ass for somebody else. You've got to be willing to accept risk....put some of your own skin in the game.

“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life.

Whether you call it a "teacher" or a "mentor", yeah....everybody has received guidance at certain points in their life. Usually from an old fart who has "been there, done that" and can pass along knowledge they have acquired over their own years of hard work. That mentor isn't out there holding your hand doing it for you...they have no skin in the game. You will succeed or fail based upon your own efforts, not those of your mentors.

Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive.

Yes. There were numerous people who helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have.....among them: Button Gwinnett, Lyman Hall, George Walton, William Hooper, Joseph Hewes, John Penn, Edward Rutledge, Thomas Heyward, Jr., Thomas Lynch, Jr., Arthur Middleton, John Hancock, Samuel Chase, William Paca, Thomas Stone, Charles Carroll of Carrollton, George Wythe, Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Harrison, Thomas Nelson, Jr., Francis Lightfoot Lee, Carter Braxton, Robert Morris, Benjamin Rush, Benjamin Franklin, John Morton, George Clymer, James Smith, George Taylor, James Wilson, George Ross, Caesar Rodney, George Read, Thomas McKean, William Floyd, Philip Livingston, Francis Lewis, Lewis Morris, Richard Stockton, John Witherspoon, Francis Hopkinson, John Hart, Abraham Clark, Josiah Bartlett, William Whipple, Samuel Adams, John Adams, Robert Treat Paine, Elbridge Gerry, Stephen Hopkins, William Ellery, Roger Sherman, Samuel Huntington, William Williams, Oliver Wolcott, Matthew Thornton....as well as George Washington, George Read, Gunning Bedford Jr., John Dickinson, Richard Bassett, Jacob Broom, James McHenry, Dan of St. Thomas Jenifer, Daniel Carroll, John Blair, James Madison Jr., William Blount, Richard Dobbs Spaight Sr., Hugh Williamson, John Rutledge, Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, Charles Pinckney, Pierce Butler, William Few, Abraham Baldwin, John Langdon, Nicholas Gilman, Nathaniel Gorham, Rufus King, William Samuel Johnson, Roger Sherman, Alexander Hamilton, William Livingston, David Brearley, William Paterson, Jonathan Dayton, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Mifflin, Robert Morris, George Clymer, Thomas Fitzsimons, Jared Ingersoll, James Wilson, and Gouverneur Morris. Add to that short list the name of every Soldier, Sailor, Airman, or Marine who has ever spilled blood in the defense of this great nation.

Noticeably absent from this list? Anyone with the last name "Obama".

Somebody invested in roads and bridges.

I do. Between the Federal Excise Tax on tire purchases, truck purchases, etc....coupled with the motor fuel tax that is collected....the heavy vehicle use tax....IRP, UCR, or whatever other "registration" system they want to use....not to mention the apportioned plates. I pay well over $14,000 PER YEAR for the priviledge of driving on those roads and bridges....just like every other truck on the road does and has for quite some time. Cars & trucks weren't built because we had roads & bridges....

If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen,” he said.

....so you're saying that if I hadn't made the effort to start my business, that it would have magically appeared? Would somebody else have started it for me? If they did, did they REALLY start it on their own or did another person actually do it for them?

“The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.”

No, the internet was NOT created "so that all the companies could make money". The internet wasn't even commercialized until the mid '90s. If it were intended from the outset to be a commercial tool to be used to make money, it would have been commercialized from the start of the development process 30-40 years earlier.

Is it not funny,..........How , here we have blue collar hard working truck drivers and mechanic's and auto and truck body repair people, and we all get it! I mean we know what the probem is, and it's a pretty simple fix !! SOOOOOOOOO why is it that all the Harvard an Yale and the so called intellectual's that we have in Washington do not?? Maybe someone should get Pres. Obonehead the movie Dave, Maybe he could learn something?

BULLHUSK

Where to begin with this pile of :icon_bs: ....

the president said. “If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there.

“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life.

If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen,” he said.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I wonder who is going up town in the moring and pay for my fuel pump repairs.I have this funny feeling i will be the one who writes the check but wondering now whos account it will be on. I think it will have to be me and my own hard work who pays for it. I ant crying over it but if i can get some one else to pay for it i will be waiting. O i need that pump maybe in two weeks so take your time who ever. glenn

glenn akers

I just spent 3 days sleeping in my truck at a job site , eating crap cooked on a propane stove and over priced deli food, using a plastic toilet, all to finish a job on time. My employee slept in his van and did the same thing. I sure hope my "partners in DC" appreciates that! A Hole. Here a campaign poster for him.

post-3242-0-00483400-1343267749_thumb.jp

P.T.CHESHIRE

I just spent 3 days sleeping in my truck at a job site , eating crap cooked on a propane stove and over priced deli food, using a plastic toilet, all to finish a job on time. My employee slept in his van and did the same thing. I sure hope my "partners in DC" appreciates that! A Hole. Here a campaign poster for him.

post-3242-0-00483400-1343267749_thumb.jp

41, Just picture this; Obonehead is in line at Mc Donalds, when asked 'So Mr. Pres. would you like to order? 'Well just give me one of everything, and give the bill to the guy behind me. Look at the way this guy and his wife have come up the ranks.........Do I smell some free shit?? And oh by the way all the bridges and roads that the Gov. built, 'Thats how people built there company's' NOOOOOOOOOOOO It's the FET and the road use tax and the fuel tax that us truckers pay that built the F-ing roads and bridges that get all you a-holes in Washington too an fro!! Give me a F&%kin break!!

BULLHUSK

• Like 1

41, Just picture this; Obonehead is in line at Mc Donalds, when asked 'So Mr. Pres. would you like to order? 'Well just give me one of everything, and give the bill to the guy behind me. Look at the way this guy and his wife have come up the ranks.........Do I smell some free shit?? And oh by the way all the bridges and roads that the Gov. built, 'Thats how people built there company's' NOOOOOOOOOOOO It's the FET and the road use tax and the fuel tax that us truckers pay that built the F-ing roads and bridges that get all you a-holes in Washington too an fro!! Give me a F&%kin break!!

BULLHUSK

ATTA Boy Ernie! tell us how you really feel!.......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Who the hell does this dipshit think he is? .... spend a day with me asshole,and i'll show you just "who does what".....................i did'nt build this? kiss my ass!................Mark

Better yet, let him (or any other politician/bureaucrat/government a-hole) spend a day with me! Epecially here in the summer when it is 100+ degrees outside, and I get sent over to unload under the kiln. I guarantee any one of those pansy ass know-it-alls would end up in the emergency room suffering heat stroke....'cept I wouldn't take 'em there because if I take the time out of my busy day to drop them off, I wouldn't make it home inside of the strict 14 hour window they say I cannot exceed. When we get home, they can get out of the truck.

...and no, I will NOT fix the AC before the ride-along. That would cost money, which unlike the feds I can't print it and I certainly cannot vote myself an increase in my credit limit. If I want something, I need to work to earn the money to pay for it...and when money is tight, my "wants" get prioritized behind my "needs". AC is a luxury, and getting that fixed will have to wait until I have enough "extra" money to pay for the entire AC system to be replaced. In other words, I'm not holding my breath.

So yeah, I would LOVE to have some big-wig go for a ride-along with me. I'd even leave Dozer home for the day so they wouldn't have to fight him for the unpadded plywood jump seat. My "usual" riding companion doesn't complain, so I don't want to hear them crying about it either.

post-1673-0-78798100-1343434565_thumb.jp

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Better yet, let him (or any other politician/bureaucrat/government a-hole) spend a day with me! Epecially here in the summer when it is 100+ degrees outside, and I get sent over to unload under the kiln. I guarantee any one of those pansy ass know-it-alls would end up in the emergency room suffering heat stroke....'cept I wouldn't take 'em there because if I take the time out of my busy day to drop them off, I wouldn't make it home inside of the strict 14 hour window they say I cannot exceed. When we get home, they can get out of the truck.

...and no, I will NOT fix the AC before the ride-along. That would cost money, which unlike the feds I can't print it and I certainly cannot vote myself an increase in my credit limit. If I want something, I need to work to earn the money to pay for it...and when money is tight, my "wants" get prioritized behind my "needs". AC is a luxury, and getting that fixed will have to wait until I have enough "extra" money to pay for the entire AC system to be replaced. In other words, I'm not holding my breath.

So yeah, I would LOVE to have some big-wig go for a ride-along with me. I'd even leave Dozer home for the day so they wouldn't have to fight him for the unpadded plywood jump seat. My "usual" riding companion doesn't complain, so I don't want to hear them crying about it either.

So that's why his name is Dozer- looks like he's about to doze off.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

So that's why his name is Dozer- looks like he's about to doze off.

That & when he first saw me, he growled like a bull dozer. He had been staying with the fiance & rode up from Texas with her....I leaned in the passenger side window to say hello & he was protecting her. Needless to say, he didn't like me at first. Now he's very protective of me. She's still about the only person he won't growl or bark at when she comes over. ANYBODY else, he alerts me if they even look in the general direction of the house from across the highway.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!