Wow!! If logging wasnt getting ousted I would buy something like that and go haul logs! Beautiful truck thanks for posting.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Definately a show piece. Knowing the owner, I'm certain it is something to behold.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

it amazes me how many of those old western log trucks arent all beat to shit. god some of the woodchucks here in upstate ny would take that think in the woods and it wouldnt come out with a straight piece on it. amazes me better care they took of those old trucks and they are still around. and where they hell did they find 18 5 hole alcoa wheels for that thing? haha. they are worth more than the truck.Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

it amazes me how many of those old western log trucks arent all beat to shit. god some of the woodchucks here in upstate ny would take that think in the woods and it wouldnt come out with a straight piece on it. amazes me better care they took of those old trucks and they are still around. and where they hell did they find 18 5 hole alcoa wheels for that thing? haha. they are worth more than the truck.Matt

Seen a steel nosed R model cherry picker all beat to hell for the past two weeks. I think it was owned by Truckee Dafoe. I dont know him though.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

my cousin bought a few old Dm600's one with a 237 and 18 speed quad and the other with a 864v8 and quad from a logger like 10 years ago. the guy wanted 1000 for them. my cousin goes ok ill take the one with the 236 for $500. he goes nope, $1000 for one or $1000 for two, you pick. we put the 237 in his B model and Doug Fetterly ended up with the 864. freakin things had no doors left on them, or fenders left on the hood or floorboards left in themno windshields,. inside and top of cabs were solid grease from the log loaders and no brake or throttle pedals. you had to drive them with the hand throttle on the dash. some people!

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

my cousin bought a few old Dm600's one with a 237 and 18 speed quad and the other with a 864v8 and quad from a logger like 10 years ago. the guy wanted 1000 for them. my cousin goes ok ill take the one with the 236 for $500. he goes nope, $1000 for one or $1000 for two, you pick. we put the 237 in his B model and Doug Fetterly ended up with the 864. freakin things had no doors left on them, or fenders left on the hood or floorboards left in themno windshields,. inside and top of cabs were solid grease from the log loaders and no brake or throttle pedals. you had to drive them with the hand throttle on the dash. some people!

Oh ya theyll do that. I gotta drive my U model with the hand throttle. I know where theres a U model cherry picker all beat to hell kinda like those DM's, and its got a Detroit in it. Its like a creamish white color. I told Doug about it and he said oh ya I know that one. Its like out in New Bremen, behind Lowville.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

19 5 hole alcoa wheels,

and well polished.

Nice colors, nice look.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Ok guys, it is officially for sale. I'd have to go get all the particulars off it, and lots more pics,, They are asking $62k. Let me know if you're real interested,, and I'll be getting more info soon.

Edited by KidNV

It may seem like a lot of money, til you sit and price out all the stuff that goes into making a truck like that. 19 perfectly polished 5 holes, paint and bodywork(how many trucks did it take to make that one?), motor, tires(priced tires lately?).

For a toy, it's a lot of money(unless you got a big piggybank). If you want to build it, never do it.

Love to have an LT with a 320 iron lung. Man, do they sound sweet with a straight pipe.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"