Atta boy Mike! quite the story,B-model looks to be in nice shape,i'm glad you caught up with it,i had a similar experience once,not a Mack,but i chased down a NICE Hudson Hornet, all original,paint ,interior etc. still owned / driven by its first owner,think it had something like 52.000 original miles on it,a sharp car!.........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I must have been bitten by the Mack Bug also, here is why I say that. Friday night I was headed south on I-65 crossing the Cumberland River almost into Nashville when, I thought I saw a B Model headed north. I was not going to let this truck get away from me without eventually speaking to this person. I'm in trouble now because he has gotten a big lead ahead of me. I had to go another 2 miles toward Nashville and get off the first exit and get caught by several traffic lights before I can get back on I-65 to go North. The time is about 8:15 p.m. and was supposed to be going to get groceries for my mom. But no, I was chasing down a B Model on Interstate 65 headed back in the direction I started from 17 miles ago.

As I go north the interstate splits and heads northwest to Clarksville, TN which is I-24. But somehow I decide to go I-65 and think he may have gotten off at a Pilot Truckstop at Trinity Lane exit. So I get off and drive around that place to find no B Model Mack. Another 2 traffic lights to deal with before hopping back on the interstate. I finally decide to pass the Millersville exit I would have gotten off to go back home. About 3 miles later I finally se him ahead of me, just a truckin along about 55 mph. So I decide to drive up and honk my horn. He looks at me and I see the determination to keep on going. Trying to make this story shorter, I knew he would have to stop and fuel up sometime soon I hoped. But heck no.........I now see the Kentucky welcome sign and weigh station but he keeps on going. I also must add that he has a friend in a dodge pickup ahead of him. I thought to myself, at least he has someone to help incase of trouble. We finally pass BowlingGreen, Ky and I see eventually Mammoth Cave exits. We are now 2 hours north of Tennessee in a dark remote area with construction of the roadway etc. when he decides to get off and down a ramp. I can tell these guys are not familiar with this ramp, because of a quick decision was made to turn right and they found a Shell Market with a large truck turnaround. They decide to go their and park and I follow. I have not said that many miles ago I was going to turn back and go home but did not.

The B Model finally stopped at the Shell Market and as soon as we all got out of our vehicles. I walked over to the driver of the Mack and said" I don't believe i've ever done anything more stupid than this, is chase down a B Model Mack. We talked for a good while and looked the truck over real good inside and out. He said that he just purchased it from e-bay and was in Florence, AL and was driving it home to Greenville, OH. I had never seen such determination before to get home, but knew these guys were along way from home. Congradulations to Mr. Terry Hess on his purchase. I hope to see them again at a truck show sometime and hope he made it safely home.

I now know that I must be a Mack Nut.

mike

Good looking B he's got there. Thanks for all that work chasing him down and getting a picture too. That certainly ought to win you the "kodiakatronomy of the week" award.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I must have been bitten by the Mack Bug also, here is why I say that. Friday night I was headed south on I-65 crossing the Cumberland River almost into Nashville when, I thought I saw a B Model headed north. I was not going to let this truck get away from me without eventually speaking to this person. I'm in trouble now because he has gotten a big lead ahead of me. I had to go another 2 miles toward Nashville and get off the first exit and get caught by several traffic lights before I can get back on I-65 to go North. The time is about 8:15 p.m. and was supposed to be going to get groceries for my mom. But no, I was chasing down a B Model on Interstate 65 headed back in the direction I started from 17 miles ago.

As I go north the interstate splits and heads northwest to Clarksville, TN which is I-24. But somehow I decide to go I-65 and think he may have gotten off at a Pilot Truckstop at Trinity Lane exit. So I get off and drive around that place to find no B Model Mack. Another 2 traffic lights to deal with before hopping back on the interstate. I finally decide to pass the Millersville exit I would have gotten off to go back home. About 3 miles later I finally se him ahead of me, just a truckin along about 55 mph. So I decide to drive up and honk my horn. He looks at me and I see the determination to keep on going. Trying to make this story shorter, I knew he would have to stop and fuel up sometime soon I hoped. But heck no.........I now see the Kentucky welcome sign and weigh station but he keeps on going. I also must add that he has a friend in a dodge pickup ahead of him. I thought to myself, at least he has someone to help incase of trouble. We finally pass BowlingGreen, Ky and I see eventually Mammoth Cave exits. We are now 2 hours north of Tennessee in a dark remote area with construction of the roadway etc. when he decides to get off and down a ramp. I can tell these guys are not familiar with this ramp, because of a quick decision was made to turn right and they found a Shell Market with a large truck turnaround. They decide to go their and park and I follow. I have not said that many miles ago I was going to turn back and go home but did not.

The B Model finally stopped at the Shell Market and as soon as we all got out of our vehicles. I walked over to the driver of the Mack and said" I don't believe i've ever done anything more stupid than this, is chase down a B Model Mack. We talked for a good while and looked the truck over real good inside and out. He said that he just purchased it from e-bay and was in Florence, AL and was driving it home to Greenville, OH. I had never seen such determination before to get home, but knew these guys were along way from home. Congradulations to Mr. Terry Hess on his purchase. I hope to see them again at a truck show sometime and hope he made it safely home.

I now know that I must be a Mack Nut.

mike

Damn Mike! You went a long way! I vacationed there last year at a B&B outside Bowling Green and you were a long way from where you started!

Now the true test of a successfull Mack chase down is:

When you caught him, did you make him promise to get on BMT?

Damn Mike! You went a long way! I vacationed there last year at a B&B outside Bowling Green and you were a long way from where you started!

Now the true test of a successfull Mack chase down is:

When you caught him, did you make him promise to get on BMT?

Olive, I did coach him about Watts and BMT. His buddy pulled out the latest copy of Wheels Of Time....in which my copy is always later than most. But got home about half past midnight and walked to the mailbox and pulled out the latest copy. And do you think I went inside and go to bed?.........Noooo, I had to sit down and read my copy no matter how tired I am.

mike

Hey Mike,

It was even nice inside and I mean original looking older restoration. This guy was pumped up and ready to get home. He told me he was enjoying the attention it was getting on the road. I'll bet he did not go straight to bed when he got home with it. LOL

He gave me his e-mail address so i'll try and contact him in a few days. My plate is full at this time. Moms only brother died this morning so i'll have to help her this week.

mike

Hey Mike,

It was even nice inside and I mean original looking older restoration. This guy was pumped up and ready to get home. He told me he was enjoying the attention it was getting on the road. I'll bet he did not go straight to bed when he got home with it. LOL

He gave me his e-mail address so i'll try and contact him in a few days. My plate is full at this time. Moms only brother died this morning so i'll have to help her this week.

mike

My condolences on the passing of your Uncle.

Now in regards your "hot pursuit". Your are an entire jar of Mack nuts! :twothumbsup:

Jim

What a neat story. Never had anyone chase me down the highway??? Usually a Toot, wave and thumbs up???

Been to Greenville, Ohio numerous times as have a customer there.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Yea, it was very good looking truck on ebay some days ago.

The time is always going.

Nice story of the night hunting on the pedigreed beast :twothumbsup:

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012