B model parts needed

thomastractorsvc

Looking for some B Model parts or interchange

passenger seat frame (single seat) with cushions but not required (contour cab)

glove box door

windshield gasket/molding (usable condition)

rear window gasket/molding (usable condition)

data plate for 670 5+2 transmission

door glass felt & channels (usable condition)

Shutter actuator or repair kit (seal dry rotted)

Wanting to purchase ASAP if reasonable priced

Thanks

Rob Thomas

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Brian

The build sheet says TRD 67 and the sales brochure calls it a TRD 670, I figured it was a factory abbreviation. I am sure it is the right one.

Jamie

USPS for the glove box door and my Dad is driving out from Maine in about three weeks, that seat would fit nice in his truck. Just because I live in the "Show Me" don't me I aint a Damn Yankee!, I retired from the Army at Fort "Lost in the Woods" and I not been able to find my way back east.

Robert

B20Mack,

I found most of the trim I needed on ebay, I spoke with the King and he has a bench seat seat which I have since found won't fit (contour cab) and he did not have the glove box. I am trying to hold out on windshield and back glass gasket/molding I think it is very expensive for what it is. I plan on stopping by LMC here in KC and bringing samples of the gaskets and window felt trim I will post what I find. My experience with older equipment is most pieces of that era were dimensionally pretty standardized. I may have to buy some expensive stuff but I am sure I can get some interchange.

Robert

I can get you a seat and glove box door and a standard 10 speed Duplex data plate if that would work,I'd go new with the windshield rubber,the side window channel and felt you can get thru any Mack dealer,just get it for a R model and trim it to fit.The rear window rubber for a concave cab might be tough to find.

Brian

The build sheet says TRD 67 and the sales brochure calls it a TRD 670, I figured it was a factory abbreviation. I am sure it is the right one.

Jamie

USPS for the glove box door and my Dad is driving out from Maine in about three weeks, that seat would fit nice in his truck. Just because I live in the "Show Me" don't me I aint a Damn Yankee!, I retired from the Army at Fort "Lost in the Woods" and I not been able to find my way back east.

The TRD-67 is a direct in high gear transmission. The TRD-670 is an overdrive transmission.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob so the "0" is for overdrive? The TRD 67 is what I have since that is what is on the build sheet, I wonder why on the Mack brochure that transmission was not listed, is it more common in other variations than the B61 so it was more of a custom option?

Robert

Rob so the "0" is for overdrive? The TRD 67 is what I have since that is what is on the build sheet, I wonder why on the Mack brochure that transmission was not listed, is it more common in other variations than the B61 so it was more of a custom option?

Yes the "0" is for overdrive. It was a common transmission all across the board in Mack trucks of that timeframe. I'm surprised your truck does not have a TRD-72 series as I've only seen the TRD-67 series behind gasoline engines as it is smaller.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I think i remenber seeing them in B models that had the END 465 and 475 engine in them. I remenber them because they were mixers with wedge brakes.Mixers years ago was washed with acid and then back off in a pond of water to clean the bottom off.So they never had brakes.

glenn akers

I think i remenber seeing them in B models that had the END 465 and 475 engine in them. I remenber them because they were mixers with wedge brakes.Mixers years ago was washed with acid and then back off in a pond of water to clean the bottom off.So they never had brakes.

Really? I asked Don at the Mack Museum, and he said that Mack did not use any Scania stuff at all untill the 70's. Our B60 has an END-475 but I think it was repowered. It has the TRD-67 in it. Maybe those mixers were B60's that were repowerd the same way ours was. For some reason the build records for B60T 3908 are missing from the museum.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

B20Mack,

I found most of the trim I needed on ebay, I spoke with the King and he has a bench seat seat which I have since found won't fit (contour cab) and he did not have the glove box. I am trying to hold out on windshield and back glass gasket/molding I think it is very expensive for what it is. I plan on stopping by LMC here in KC and bringing samples of the gaskets and window felt trim I will post what I find. My experience with older equipment is most pieces of that era were dimensionally pretty standardized. I may have to buy some expensive stuff but I am sure I can get some interchange.

Some one posted another site on here that I cannot remember. It was like Nostalgic parts or something like that. I found it in one of the threads. If I find it I will send it to you. It was all rubber parts at a reasonable price.

For some reason the build records for B60T 3908 are missing from the museum.

Ben

When I read something like that, paranoia makes the hair on the back of neck stand up. I bet that truck was involved in a secret government program or sumpin.

I think Jason Bourne drove it.

That is a good site but that's not it. It will come to me. They had everything for every vehicle known.

restoration specialties has a lot to offer.

Rob