Your first car

Timothy Maikshilo

Mine was a 68 Barracuda fastback Formula "S" car. 340 four speed. Prolly conceived my son in the back at the drive in movie theater.

Don't have any original photos of when I got it as they were lost in the basement flood with so many others.

I still see that car from time to time. Like everytime I look in the garage as I never sold it.

Rob

• Like 2

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Mine was a 68 Barracuda fastback Formula "S" car. 340 four speed. Prolly conceived my son in the back at the drive in movie theater.

Don't have any original photos of when I got it as they were lost in the basement flood with so many others.

I still see that car from time to time. Like everytime I look in the garage as I never sold it.

Rob

That's great Rob,

Could you post a new picture of your fast back? I bet your son looks at that car and says, Thanks Dad!

That's great Rob,

Could you post a new picture of your fast back? I bet your son looks at that car and says, Thanks Dad!

I'll get it out from all the boxes and garbage piled on top. Need to straighten up anyways. I pulled the engine in July of 96, had all the machine work and engine work done, then never put it back together.

Isn't really much to look at anymore; just a rusting hulk but still means something to us.

Kids have given up on begging for that car. "Momma" won't even entertain the idea of letting either one of them have it. "Hers" she says.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

My first car at age 16 in 1986 was a 1963 Chevy one ton pickup with a sewer rodder/cleaner on the back. It had great big coil springs on the back. My dad gave me $500.00 to go to a surplus auction at the capital and try to buy him a metal lathe. I wanted a car so bad, I bid on every one, I did not care what I got, and I ended up driving that thing home after paying around $350.00 for it.

We took the sewer rodder off, I sold it to a neighbor for twice what I paid for the whole thing, built a flatbed out of used barn lumber, and I discovered there is money in this truck dismantling thing - sell the stuff off of it and end up with a free truck.

A few years later, I sold it to some hippie professors at the University that hooked it to a horse trailer and hauled all their worldly goods to Canada. They sent me a nice postcard a week later to show they made it.

My dad died in 2003 and never owned a lathe!

My first vehicle was a Mack,I built this one from 3.Got it when I was 13,had it finished by the start of my senior year,but it got destroyed when our shed burnt in March,'85,2 months before graduation.

I did have a car once,got it just before I turned 16,I hated it(cars are for girls and city kids).We went to look at a '79 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 that had just been traded at our local dealer,old farm truck,not one straight piece of tin anywhere,I loved it.But they also had a '70 Impala 2 door sitting there.Dad thought it was cool,so he made me buy it,and he bought the Dodge for a chore truck.I ended up driving the old dodge way more than the car,so it sat it the shed most of the time.It burnt up too.post-61-0-47584700-1331988157.jpg

• Like 2

WOW, Vinny, Rob, Mopar guys!! My first car was a 67 Coronet R/T that I bought in '71', That car was Dick Landy Blue with a white vi top 4 speed 440 4.56 Dana and front disks! I sold that car, but I did get another one that I still have in my garage, thats a Turbine Bronze with a white vi top 440 727 auto 3.55 8-3/4 rear 56,000 mi car, I'll see if I could send some pictures. I have been buyin Mopar muscle cars since I've been 17 years old so I've got a few, BUTTTTTT I never sold another one of my muscle cars ever again, cause after I sold the Blue 67 Coronet I cried myself to sleep every night and vowed never to do that again!

BULLHUSK

• Like 1

I'm about as "die hard" Chrysler as am Mack. I've started digging in the garage to roll the Barracuda into the sun It hasn't moved from it's present state in at least eight years so I'll spray it with the hose to see what color it still is!!

Rob

I'm about as "die hard" Chrysler as am Mack. I've started digging in the garage to roll the Barracuda into the sun It hasn't moved from it's present state in at least eight years so I'll spray it with the hose to see what color it still is!!

Rob

EX-CELL- LENTTT!!! MOPAR OR NO CAR!!

Ernie DS

EX-CELL- LENTTT!!! MOPAR OR NO CAR!!

Ernie DS

Man what a can of worms this thread has opened up. "Momma" was reading over my shoulder and seen the word "Barracuda". Now I'm in a whole heap o' trouble. Prolly gonna have to do something with it now and I ain't got the time.

Rob

I'm embarrassed to post mine with all these trucks and muscle cars but here goes.

First I had a '71 Dodge Charger that I paid $497 for ( I couldn't come up with the extra $3 if my life depended on it). It looked cool but needed a ton of work that I was neither financially or mechanically qualified to do so. I sold it 3 weeks later for $600, gave the the other guy his $3, and chalked it up to a lesson learned for a $100 profit.

My "second" first car was a '69 Pontiac LeMans with a 350 and a 2 speed Powerglide. I hated that tranny but otherwise liked the car and ended up keeping it almost 3 years.

Jim

Man what a can of worms this thread has opened up. "Momma" was reading over my shoulder and seen the word "Barracuda". Now I'm in a whole heap o' trouble. Prolly gonna have to do something with it now and I ain't got the time.

Rob

OOPS! Sorry if I got anyone in trouble. Lot of nice cars and stories guys. My Dad gave me and my two brothers a 1969 Chevy camper special. Dukes of Hazard was big then and me and my twin would jump it in Norwich Ct. by the golf course and get it a little air born. I'm sure the old man was getting a pain in his side when we did this.

68 Dodge Polara with a 318/Automatic (forget which one....) You didnt park it, you tied it up at a dock. Was a hand-me-down from mom & dad- gave me the car and paid 1/2 of my first 6 months of insurance and said I was on my own after that. Got a job pumping gas and all the accessory sub-jobs that comes with that position in an old-school Sunoco Station in town. Ran that car for about a year. High School I went to was mostly upper middle-class kids- doctors, lawyers, stockbrokers, bankers kids and they all had Beemers and Mercedes's out in the parking lot. All the local cops knew me from being on the fire department and towing with my dad, so I was scared shitless to "be naughty" for fear of it getting back to my dad. But one day I couldnt take those asshole kids making fun of "das boat" anymore- there were a bunch of them in the parking lot after school one day laughing and mocking me, I gave them the one-finger salute and laid a patch about 40 feet long, and went out the back driveway at about 90......all while the asst principal was watching. The three days off I got were well worth it, especially when dad put his arms around me (while I was petrified and waiting for the belt.....) and said "well played. I'm not gonna ground you or anything even though your mother says I should kick your ass into next week, but if you (wink wink) get caught doing a stunt like this again, I WILL kick your ass into orbit....."

Then there was mom's 76 Aspen Wagon with the 225 slant six, which was absolutely outstanding to have for dates.......and then just after high school, I discovered Mustangs, bought a 69 Grande Coupe. Had a 250 six with a three speed. Pulled that 6 and slid in a 302 that me and dad rebuilt. First engine I ever built with my dad, had a lot of fun doing it. Was a good car until I lost it one night and ate a ditch and spun it around and damn near wrapped a tree. That was the end of that one, except for the 302 which is still in my parents garage waiting for my three kids to do something with (ages 8 yrs, 7 yrs and 10 months.)

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

except for the 302 which is still in my parents garage waiting for my three kids to do something with (ages 8 yrs, 7 yrs and 10 months.)

In exactly two years, they will be ready to race with it - you don't want to rush these things

• Like 1

1st car was a '69 LeMans with a '68 grille (liked the 68 much better than the 69) & '67 GTO wheels. Bought it when I was 15, 2nd car was a '70 Nova. 2696_1080045453404_1594331777_30209912_7873485_n.jpg

2696_1080045493405_1594331777_30209913_6366102_n.jpg

After building the Nova, I got into 4X4's and bought a '77 GMC Jimmy then sold the Nova and started p*ssing away all my money!

T.

I didnt much care for my first vehicle but since the price was right and my dad insisted on something practical I bought a 1958 Ford 1/2 ton short box stepside with a 223 I-6 with a 3 on the tree. Didnt have much power for with the gearing in it and it wasnt a 67-72 Chevy pickup (which I really wanted but couldnt afford) so it ended up being a very big headach since I cut corner posts, fence rails and grape stakes for $$$ and had to use my pick up to haul them once cut.

P.S. The real kicker here was my Dad wouldnt let me buy a 1964 Chevelle Malibu SS that a neighbor had put together. Basically needed paint and figure out why you couldnt get it into reverse. Dad wouldnt let me buy it so my buddy bought it and found out that some linkage had been bent and was on his way. I still have never owned a drivable car yet and probably at this stage in life wont since I would rather buy more Macks and play with them.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.