Your first car

Timothy Maikshilo

I have had no less than four Pinto's!! And yes, they did what they were supposed to do which at times was a place to sleep with the girlfriend, (now my wife of 34 years) so they are not all bad. Now blowing, we'll leave that private.

Rob

Rob,there is a party around here who still has a pinto "sedan delivery" like a small station wagon,has an oval shaped porthole in the back on both sides,pretty nice shape other than the usual rocker rust,a real "shaggin'wagon" LOL! whens the last time you saw one?.......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

That young man has proven that he is mature beyond his years so there's no need to protect him from the truth.

What he's trying say Vinny is that when a boy and a girl love each other....uh....they buy a donkey and let it ride in the back seat. :whistling:

Good try, valiant efffort!!! :clap: Believable? :icon_bs: Hysterical.... :twothumbsup:

My 2000 3/4 Ton 4X4 is feeling a bit neglected lately. The new girlfriend has a Jag XJ8 & I have to say I like driving it a lot better than my truck. Not really a car guy but I'll suffer a little!

Rob,there is a party around here who still has a pinto "sedan delivery" like a small station wagon,has an oval shaped porthole in the back on both sides,pretty nice shape other than the usual rocker rust,a real "shaggin'wagon" LOL! whens the last time you saw one?.......................Mark

Up until a couple of years ago there was still running around here with a 302 between the rails. It was factory silver with brown and yellow stripe. The window was still intact but had the aging blue tint to it. Back in 1079, (I think) I put a front on one that had been backed into by a lifted 4X4 pickup. The receiver hitch played hell with the hood and windshield with the bumper hurting the "A" pillars and fenders. I kinda liked those but the only wagon I had was a real gem as it was a "Squire". That 2300 automatic was not the most reliable due to the 2300 series Holley two barrel that liked to puke gasoline outside the throttle body. Didn't matter how many times, or who rebuilt it, it was gonna leak.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

any time a girl calls me because they liked my MACK or my 55 DODGE im going to answer and before they say anything ill say "no". :notworthy::clap:;)

that'll last about as long as Pat stayed in the army. (I really have no idea what that means but apparently not very long. Jo says it a lot)

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Mine was a 68 Barracuda fastback Formula "S" car. 340 four speed. Prolly conceived my son in the back at the drive in movie theater.

Don't have any original photos of when I got it as they were lost in the basement flood with so many others.

I still see that car from time to time. Like everytime I look in the garage as I never sold it.

Rob

Very Nice Rob!!!

Well my first car was a 1984 Jeep Cj-7 that was stolen while i was in at work. Frame off rebuild bottom up had over $7,500 in it and my insurence company said because it had a R title it was only worth $2,000 (insurence companys what a rip off).

My first car tho is this 1972 Dodge Challenger, 340 auto on floor with factory ac, no power brakes or power steering. I often thought about selling it but dont think i could ever replace it. I bought it a year after i got out of school ( witch would of bin 2002).

And my other pride and joy other then the 2 Mack would be this 1974 Dodge Ramcharger. Very few left with the no door post option, only built 6 months that way, to many people complained they leaked. So Dodge recalled them and replaced the half doors with full doors and a top to match.

Its a deff. head turner, same as the challenger.

post-2586-0-58658300-1332209268_thumb.jp

post-2586-0-57674900-1332209280_thumb.jp

post-2586-0-80725000-1332209313_thumb.jp

post-2586-0-27323500-1332209827_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Well my first car was a 1984 Jeep Cj-7 that was stolen while i was in at work. Frame off rebuild bottom up had over $7,500 in it and my insurence company said because it had a R title it was only worth $2,000 (insurence companys what a rip off).

My first car tho is this 1972 Dodge Challenger, 340 auto on floor with factory ac, no power brakes or power steering. I often thought about selling it but dont think i could ever replace it. I bought it a year after i got out of school ( witch would of bin 2002).

And my other pride and joy other then the 2 Mack would be this 1974 Dodge Ramcharger. Very few left with the no door post option, only built 6 months that way, to many people complained they leaked. So Dodge recalled them and replaced the half doors with full doors and a top to match.

Its a deff. head turner, same as the challenger.

Very nice, both of them. It has been years since I've seen the Ramcharger like that. There was one in the St. Louis area I remember but I only seen it a couple of times. I had repaired a few of them when popular but they were all full doors with a very heavy fiberglass top.

The only "E" body Chrysler I owned was a 70 "AAR" Barracuda. It was all original and I put a rt. 1/4, original Chrysler hood, (warped) and straightened the rt. door. I did grind the valves but that was about it and sold the car. If I still had balls I'd certainly be kicking them myself right now. The other Mopar I wish I'd kept in hindsight was a 70 Road Runner "Superbird". This car has a 440 "Super Commando" and four speed, (A833) but for some reason was not built with a Dana rear axle. It had the 8.75 Chrysler rear with a 3.91 gear. loved the car due to the tuxedo interior with the bench seat. Nice car but a real tank to negotiate traffic with given the nose hangover.

Rob

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Very nice, both of them. It has been years since I've seen the Ramcharger like that. There was one in the St. Louis area I remember but I only seen it a couple of times. I had repaired a few of them when popular but they were all full doors with a very heavy fiberglass top.

The only "E" body Chrysler I owned was a 70 "AAR" Barracuda. It was all original and I put a rt. 1/4, original Chrysler hood, (warped) and straightened the rt. door. I did grind the valves but that was about it and sold the car. If I still had balls I'd certainly be kicking them myself right now. The other Mopar I wish I'd kept in hindsight was a 70 Road Runner "Superbird". This car has a 440 "Super Commando" and four speed, (A833) but for some reason was not built with a Dana rear axle. It had the 8.75 Chrysler rear with a 3.91 gear. loved the car due to the tuxedo interior with the bench seat. Nice car but a real tank to negotiate traffic with given the nose hangover.

Rob

Rob

Yea thats regrettable..... a '70 AAR 'Cuda AND a '70 Superbird. Holy sh*t!

Like my dad said, if only i new then what those cars would bring today.

But you cant keep them all.

Both of those would be great cars to have today.

If i live long enuff i would like to get my grubby paws on a 71 cuda.

That makes two of us....Shaker, Hemi, convertible, triple black w/billboards, 4 speed, Dana60......you know nuthin special... just a tinker toy hehe ^_^

My appologies,never been a "mopar man" (god forbid) but the Challenger,Cuda,69 super bee's were some damn nice cars! (if you like that sort of thing) my alltime favorites/dream cars would be 1967 GTO,70/71 GS Stage1 Buick,67/68 RS/SS Camaro..............kinda like the looks of the 67 Mustang fastback as well...............Mark

Up until a couple of years ago there was still running around here with a 302 between the rails. It was factory silver with brown and yellow stripe. The window was still intact but had the aging blue tint to it. Back in 1079, (I think) I put a front on one that had been backed into by a lifted 4X4 pickup. The receiver hitch played hell with the hood and windshield with the bumper hurting the "A" pillars and fenders. I kinda liked those but the only wagon I had was a real gem as it was a "Squire". That 2300 automatic was not the most reliable due to the 2300 series Holley two barrel that liked to puke gasoline outside the throttle body. Didn't matter how many times, or who rebuilt it, it was gonna leak.

Rob

The one i've seen is also silver,but with a purple,yellow,and hot pink stripe kit,blacked out hood,grille etc. i seem to remember seeing ads with that paint scheme in the car magazines of the day,this one still wears "ET" style aluminum slot wheels,something i also have'nt seen in years......................Mark

First vehicle I ever had was my dad's old Geo Prizm. Unflattering in every regard but it never left me stranded.. Drove that my junior year of high school. Year after my grandfather passed away and I inherited his Toyota Matrix. Fun little car with a 5 speed, but it wasn't for me. The summer after I graduated I sold that car and bought a 1992 Dodge 3/4 diesel and haven't looked back, much to my parents' chagrin. Not being "car people" at all, they didn't know why the hell I would sell a mint-condition compact to buy a 20 year old diesel truck. I don't think they'll ever really understand.

-Nick

My appologies,never been a "mopar man" (god forbid) but the Challenger,Cuda,69 super bee's were some damn nice cars! (if you like that sort of thing) my alltime favorites/dream cars would be 1967 GTO,70/71 GS Stage1 Buick,67/68 RS/SS Camaro..............kinda like the looks of the 67 Mustang fastback as well...............Mark

I bought a 69 "Super Bee" without an engine or trans, and then purchased a 70 Barracuda that was a dirt stock car. I swapped the 440 and four speed into the "Bee", repainted the car it's original yellow with a new rear black stripe, and mask kit for the magnum wheels, then sold it. It was also a bench seat car with black interior. Damned four foot long pistol grip shifter........

This one did not have a fresh air hood or side scoops. Looked just like a bare Coranet with the exception of the stipe across the decklid and quarters. Of course it had the hot rod "B" emblems too.

Rob

My turn to bore you. My 57 Chevy my father and I built while I was in school 1968/70 301 with tunnel ram...stupid idea.. The Challenger I bought when I got out of service and still have it. 440 6 pack ,4 speed with leather interior, thats our honeymoon photo. The 55 was my fathers E/gas 1/8 mile race car in the early 60's thats me in 1973 making it streetable 427 4 speed 5:13 gears. Last is the car now in 2012. Still has 5:13 gear and 4 speed but I put my father 302 Jimmy 6 back in it with the original Wayne head and 6 carbs now converted to EFI and the Econoine I beam is back in it. Paul

57chev.jpg

chall.jpg

55chev.jpg

pauls55.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Wow this is seriously a great thread!!! But Ben, your my friend, but I still don't think chicks will dig a pinto. Sorry. I think they will dig my u model though.

It all depends on what girl you ask. You are right though, Mack trucks are usually the hit. But if nothing else works, you can always ask out one of the members of Bananarama. :banana:

Ben

• Like 1
post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

You know I was thinking,

Vinny and I are some of the few kids that will have good stories when we grow up. There's a lot of teenagers out there that won't. Like, how impressive is "Well, my first car was a 2001 Dodge Caravan that my mom let me drive." I love hearing all the stories that all the great men ot this site have to tell, but I'm afraid future generations may not get to have that experiance.

Ben

• Like 1
post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

I bought a 69 "Super Bee" without an engine or trans, and then purchased a 70 Barracuda that was a dirt stock car. I swapped the 440 and four speed into the "Bee", repainted the car it's original yellow with a new rear black stripe, and mask kit for the magnum wheels, then sold it. It was also a bench seat car with black interior. Damned four foot long pistol grip shifter........

This one did not have a fresh air hood or side scoops. Looked just like a bare Coranet with the exception of the stipe across the decklid and quarters. Of course it had the hot rod "B" emblems too.

Rob

A friend of mine in high school had the good fortune to puchase a wrecked 69 roadrunner with a good drivetrain ( 383/4 speed),and a nice 69 superbee with blown motor,bad trans. (also 383/4 speed) as a pair,i did the swap over a weekend,the car ran great! only superbee i ever saw that was factory triple black with a white tailstripe.Also had the enormous hurst shifter,though not a pistolgrip. Dumbass traded it for a wore out SS el-camino even up,the kid that bought the superbee wrapped it around a tree a few months after buying it! too much car for a 17 year old i suspect!.....................Mark