Your first car

Timothy Maikshilo

other dog Just about 2 weeks ago there was a 1960 Chevy 100 long wb. tandem 348 5X3 trans with separate driveshafts to each rear that sold on Ebay for approximately $1650.00 cab was decent it was in Georgia. Joe D.

Joe - Do you still have a link to that truck or a Ebay number?

1st vehicle I drove was a Mack Cruiseliner with a V8 & 5 Speed when I was 14. summer & weekend job was washing trucks and one afternoon when I walked into Chuck's office to let him know I had finished another truck and was ready to have someone pull it out and bring in the next he decided "if you're gonna wash them, your gonna drive them!" So he put me in the drivers seat, closed the door and climbed up the outside and told me what to do and to NOT knock him off the truck! That was my driving lesson...

First thing I drove was a Freightliner conventional- probably a mid-80's unit with the setback steer axle....425 kitty cat and a 13 speed roadranger. I was with my uncle who was driving for Jevic at the time (late 80's..both he and my father were part of the bunch of O/O's that started Jevic and in fact Dad retired from there with 28 years prior to them going down the toilet...) we had a hot load that had to be in San Fran "by monday morning." We were on 80 going through the lonliest parts of Utah and Nevada....Uncle Dennis needed some rack time, so he pulled over and said "git over here boy and drive..." It wasnt like I was a stranger to trucks or anything, I was 14, and had grown up in the right hand seat of two F-Models......So he stayed away in the passenger seat long enough to coach me through "basic shifting 101" and then started snoring in the passenger seat. I think I went about 40 miles or so when he snorted awake, and looked at the yardstick, looked at the speedometer, (I was chugging along doing about 65) when he said "get on that accelerator harder boy....we have miles to burn! When we get to yardstick....(I cant remember,,,) pull over and wake me up, we'll go to the truck stop in Puckerbrush......(anyone else ever have the t-shirt "WHERE IN THE HELL IS PUCKERBRUSH?" lol) So I brought her up to 80 and my bunghole puckered.....when he climbed into the rack I backed it down to about 70 and after a minute he yelled from the bunk "dammit boy, git on it!!!!" LOL those were the days......Next summer he got one of the early generation Aardvarks, 450 Cat and a 13 speed......Drove that one too, that was a 100mph truck.....Then the third or 4th summer after that when I was 16 or 17, he had a newer Aardvark with a 60-series DD....with a super 10......God I was pissed at that transmission, wanted to kick whoever invented that thing in the balls. ........

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Wow, alot of incredible cars, lots of Dodge/Mopar drivers in the day. Hate to admit it,but,my first car,64 American Motors Classic 4 door, on the up side, it was $75.00 and the back seat got more ass then a toilet seat. (Vinny that means I turned it into a taxi) went through the muscle car thing, nothing factory, 57 chevys with vette motors,camaros,chevelle, then the new VW beatle, 73 I think it was $1995.00 $300.00 down $60.00 a month for 2 years. Gas was .27 cents and just jumped to .32 thats when my driving career began, worked at a saw mill and every week end the girlfriend and I would go somewhere, as far as we could go in a day, and then come back the next.

In opposite directions - right?

That's how me and "Momma" has got along for all these years.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Wow, alot of incredible cars, lots of Dodge/Mopar drivers in the day. Hate to admit it,but,my first car,64 American Motors Classic 4 door, on the up side, it was $75.00 and the back seat got more ass then a toilet seat. (Vinny that means I turned it into a taxi) went through the muscle car thing, nothing factory, 57 chevys with vette motors,camaros,chevelle, then the new VW beatle, 73 I think it was $1995.00 $300.00 down $60.00 a month for 2 years. Gas was .27 cents and just jumped to .32 thats when my driving career began, worked at a saw mill and every week end the girlfriend and I would go somewhere, as far as we could go in a day, and then come back the next.

That young man has proven that he is mature beyond his years so there's no need to protect him from the truth.

What he's trying say Vinny is that when a boy and a girl love each other....uh....they buy a donkey and let it ride in the back seat. :whistling:

• Like 2

Jim

That young man has proven that he is mature beyond his years so there's no need to protect him from the truth.

What he's trying say Vinny is that when a boy and a girl love each other....uh....they buy a donkey and let it ride in the back seat. :whistling:

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket, a donkey, yeah........

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

My buddy said the best car for that stuff is his AMC Pacer, he says the chicks dig it.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Yeah that's the ticket - you two young men go out and each buy a Pacer or a Pinto and you also better buy two or three phone answering machines, those girls will call so much, you won't know what hit you.

pintos are known to explode when they are rear ended. any time a girl calls me because they liked my MACK or my 55 DODGE im going to answer and before they say anything ill say "no". :notworthy::clap:;)

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

pintos are known to explode when they are rear ended. any time a girl calls me because they liked my MACK or my 55 DODGE im going to answer and before they say anything ill say "no". :notworthy::clap:;)

I don't think you will say "No" when a girl calls wanting a piece of your "Mack".

Rob

i think your talking about something wrong or dirty. what if she is ugly? ha rob? what would you do? i would still say "no".
Remember as you heard it here first: A stiff dick has no conscience.

I'll bet you learn that pretty quick coming into your teenage years.

Rob

Remember as you heard it here first: A stiff dick has no conscience.

I'll bet you learn that pretty quick coming into your teenage years.

Rob

I sure never took a ugly woman to bed...... But I sure did wake up next to a few!!... and sometimes with a hang-over

BULLHUSK

• Like 1

Don't worry Vinny, when I was 12, I thought exactly the way you do. I'm almost 14 now, and I think the way Rob says you will. You'll change, trust me. Pintos are totally cool.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Don't worry Vinny, when I was 12, I thought exactly the way you do. I'm almost 14 now, and I think the way Rob says you will. You'll change, trust me. Pintos are totally cool. Ben
I have had no less than four Pinto's!! And yes, they did what they were supposed to do which at times was a place to sleep with the girlfriend, (now my wife of 34 years) so they are not all bad. Now blowing, we'll leave that private.

Rob

Yeah, but Rob doesn't.

Here I didn't want to say heat seeking moisture missle dipped in goo. Or something like that.

Rob