Your first car

Timothy Maikshilo

It all depends on what girl you ask. You are right though, Mack trucks are usually the hit. But if nothing else works, you can always ask out one of the members of Bananarama. :banana:

Ben

your right. but i seriously love that cruel summer video!!! it has a u model!!!! :banana: <<< i get it,, bananarama. ha ha :clap:

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

You know I was thinking,

Vinny and I are some of the few kids that will have good stories when we grow up. There's a lot of teenagers out there that won't. Like, how impressive is "Well, my first car was a 2001 Dodge Caravan that my mom let me drive." I love hearing all the stories that all the great men ot this site have to tell, but I'm afraid future generations may not get to have that experiance.

Ben

thats also true. ive thought about that too. hopefully ill meet you at a show or something like macungie, im going again this year i think.

A friend of mine in high school had the good fortune to puchase a wrecked 69 roadrunner with a good drivetrain ( 383/4 speed),and a nice 69 superbee with blown motor,bad trans. (also 383/4 speed) as a pair,i did the swap over a weekend,the car ran great! only superbee i ever saw that was factory triple black with a white tailstripe.Also had the enormous hurst shifter,though not a pistolgrip. Dumbass traded it for a wore out SS el-camino even up,the kid that bought the superbee wrapped it around a tree a few months after buying it! too much car for a 17 year old i suspect!.....................Mark

I've had a lot of nice cars through the years that were just cars in those days. Amazing when you look back at it.

A guy I ran around with a lot in high school purchased a "stripper" 68 "R" code hemi roadrunner from a pair of brothers that had planned to campaign the car at the drag strip but never did. This thing bone stock would scare the living shit out of you cause it would go forward extremely fast, but didn't even have power brakes, (manual disc) and didn't like to stop all that well. Used to have to run the valves, and tweak the carbs just about every weekend to keep it running right.

Last I talked to him about a year ago it is still in his mom's garage on jack stands. He like I have had 30+ year marriages and the car is part of the family. He has turned down an enormous amount of money for it a couple of times. It has just over 15,000 miles on the clock. I think the steer tires are the original Goodyear "Polyglass" and we went through a few sets of back tires so don't know what they are.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

My turn to bore you. My 57 Chevy my father and I built while I was in school 1968/70 301 with tunnel ram...stupid idea.. The Challenger I bought when I got out of service and still have it. 440 6 pack ,4 speed with leather interior, thats our honeymoon photo. The 55 was my fathers E/gas 1/8 mile race car in the early 60's thats me in 1973 making it streetable 427 4 speed 5:13 gears. Last is the car now in 2012. Still has 5:13 gear and 4 speed but I put my father 302 Jimmy 6 back in it with the original Wayne head and 6 carbs now converted to EFI and the Econoine I beam is back in it. Paul

57chev.jpg

chall.jpg

55chev.jpg

pauls55.jpg

Great photo's and story Paul, Love the primer!

Great photo's and story Paul, Love the primer!

Hee Hee, the primer is actually F-14 Tom Cat Grey Epoxy paint. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

thats also true. ive thought about that too. hopefully ill meet you at a show or something like macungie, im going again this year i think.

Yea we're definately going this year. That's the weekend before my birthday. When it gets closer to that time, we might be able to plan on meeting there somewhere. Hopefully (fingers crossed) we'll be driving our B60 to the show, but we'll see about that.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Yea we're definately going this year. That's the weekend before my birthday. When it gets closer to that time, we might be able to plan on meeting there somewhere. Hopefully (fingers crossed) we'll be driving our B60 to the show, but we'll see about that.

Ben

awesome!!! hopefully we can meet!!! i cant wait!!! but im goona tell you this right now. the u model wont be coming this year. sorry.

Well it sure looks like it could fly!

It set an 1/8 mile E/gas IHRA record in 1963 for my pop. I never really keep my time slips but it ran low 12's because of to much gearing, did more street racing than anything else, average 10 to 15 runs a night back in the 80's / 90's. Now I beat the stuffing out if it on the 495 service road, an occasional cruise night and a frequent trip to the gas station.

I have more fun with the Challenger. Constantly get the "do you know how much it's worth?" I tell them yeah, $3878.00 , just what it cost when I bought it. It's not original, it's on it's 3rd 4speed, 4th or 5th motor, 2nd Dana 60. It was a sreet car, a tow car when I had a Funnycar and always a street racer. Neither one will be sold 'til I'm dead so I drive them the way they were meant to be driven. Kills the investment people. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It set an 1/8 mile E/gas IHRA record in 1963 for my pop. I never really keep my time slips but it ran low 12's because of to much gearing, did more street racing than anything else, average 10 to 15 runs a night back in the 80's / 90's. Now I beat the stuffing out if it on the 495 service road, an occasional cruise night and a frequent trip to the gas station.

I have more fun with the Challenger. Constantly get the "do you know how much it's worth?" I tell them yeah, $3878.00 , just what it cost when I bought it. It's not original, it's on it's 3rd 4speed, 4th or 5th motor, 2nd Dana 60. It was a sreet car, a tow car when I had a Funnycar and always a street racer. Neither one will be sold 'til I'm dead so I drive them the way they were meant to be driven. Kills the investment people. Paul

Paul,

What happened to National Speedway (I think that was the name)on LI? We still have Island Drag up here in Jersey as well as Raceway Park just 40 mi south of me. I still take my 66 Plymouth an the SRT 10 PU out to Island, It's still a blast an makes you feel like a teenager all over again!!

BULLHUSK

N.Y. National closed in 1979 or so and i s a house trailer park,Hamptons was rebuilt into a NHRA approved 300 mph track and than was shut down in 1990 now condos, Islip closed in 1975, Freeport closed in 1990 and is a Home Depot or something, Bridge Hampton closed in 1975. The only track left is Riverhead raceway 3/8 mile oval and 500 foot strip and they are on a week to week. I go to York Dragway and E town about 4 times a year. The rest is in the dark on the North Fork near Orient Point or at the closed down Calverton Naval Weapons Station for "nite races". I just sold my Fuller Chassis'd 72 Challenger Funny car remains to Garlits last November. Still have the remains of 4 more race cars I ran in the early 70's on my property I'm going to dispose off some day. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

N.Y. National closed in 1979 or so and i s a house trailer park,Hamptons was rebuilt into a NHRA approved 300 mph track and than was shut down in 1990 now condos, Islip closed in 1975, Freeport closed in 1990 and is a Home Depot or something, Bridge Hampton closed in 1975. The only track left is Riverhead raceway 3/8 mile oval and 500 foot strip and they are on a week to week. I go to York Dragway and E town about 4 times a year. The rest is in the dark on the North Fork near Orient Point or at the closed down Calverton Naval Weapons Station for "nite races". I just sold my Fuller Chassis'd 72 Challenger Funny car remains to Garlits last November. Still have the remains of 4 more race cars I ran in the early 70's on my property I'm going to dispose off some day. Paul

Paul,

I'm always lookin for Mopar stuff, so if your lookin to sell, just PM me on the Mack site or email me!!

Thanks

Ernie DS

That is the way it should be - play with it and use it - you can't take it with you - get some enjoyment out of it while you can!

I agree,pains me to see guys with "trailer queens" that NEVER get driven! one of the reasons i quit going to car shows,if you only back it off a trailer once a month,wipe it down with a diaper,what fun or use is it? i understand the rarity/value of certain cars,but still think they should be driven! i can remember the sound of a big block Chevy with solid lifters,the freewheelin' Mopar starters,even the sound of a smallblock Mustang like it was yesterday! DRIVE EM' is all i'm sayin'!...........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Paul,

I'm always lookin for Mopar stuff, so if your lookin to sell, just PM me on the Mack site or email me!!

Thanks

Ernie DS

I got one I may be talked into selling. A Feather Duster with a 225 HyperPac and 4 speed with OD. Before the grass grows to high I'll figure how to get photos.

P.T.CHESHIRE

My Dad had a friend named Joe Weeks who owned a gas station on Wellwood Ave. We went to see him race at Islip a few times, I think he won some races in the early 70's.

Was there a track in Manorville or thereabouts?

Jim

My first car would've been a 1978 trans am that me and my dad where going to restore, but shit fell through the roof. my mom and dad got a divorce the next year, the car is now in a million pieces. the body is in storage in VT waiting for body work... After that i have not had a good relationship with my dad. I have not seen him in about a year and a half and have not spoken to him just as long. He has completely done a 360 and only cares about him self. Neither me or my sister has seen him. Its sad, but its making me grow into a better man then he once was. But i now drive a f250. That story was about 4 or 5 yrs ago.

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

I'll join in on the fun. My first vehicle was a 1952 dodge M37. 230 flat head with 24 volt and fording kit. It was the soft top model with 8k Braden pto winch. Not quite the chick magnet or a rocket by any means but we had a blast with it.

Anyone going to Flohram park truck show or any others on the East Coast?

My first car would've been a 1978 trans am that me and my dad where going to restore, but shit fell through the roof. my mom and dad got a divorce the next year, the car is now in a million pieces. the body is in storage in VT waiting for body work... After that i have not had a good relationship with my dad. I have not seen him in about a year and a half and have not spoken to him just as long. He has completely done a 360 and only cares about him self. Neither me or my sister has seen him. Its sad, but its making me grow into a better man then he once was. But i now drive a f250. That story was about 4 or 5 yrs ago.

Tom

Tom, sorry to hear about your relationship with your Dad. He will regret it someday. My old man was married three times and the women came before the kids. Me and my brothers were his workers and that's all we did. He is now in his 70's and has only one grandchild.....Mine! He wouldn't know my Max if he pasted him on the street. I know he regrets his selfishness now. Hopefully this wont happen with you and your Dad. It would be great if you could work things out and get that Trans Am rolling! Those were some hot cars. Tim