real cool aluminum sleeper, crank out windows, perfect for LTL

turboscan

a real vintage survivor, small opening through back window of cab, storage underneath, 27" wide x 50" tall x 81"long, was on a LJ but would look awesome on your LTL, no dents but needs resto, american built, riveted panel,$1000, (905)961-7555, Niagara Falls, Canada

post-2132-0-24807200-1329252779_thumb.jp

post-2132-0-95455000-1329252788_thumb.jp

post-2132-0-38538100-1329252803_thumb.jp

post-2132-0-40710400-1329252818_thumb.jp

post-2132-0-13782600-1329252826_thumb.jp

Edited by turboscan

How in the world did they keep water intrusion out of those jalousie windows moving horizontally through the rain?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

How the hell did they keep from breaking those things

If maintained they actually shut pretty tight but are terrible at leaking.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

27"? Hell when "Momma" sits down she is wider than a yard stick is long so don't think she would fit; and she is smaller than me.

Rob

I wish i could find a picture,but i had an old "overdrive" magazine that had an advertizement for a "fold-out" accordian type add on sleeper (think of an army cot,hanging off the back of a daycab) not sure what brand this one is,but i always kinda liked the aluminum "Mercury" sleepers,pretty rare to find one in one piece these days.......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I'm not sure many on this site could fit in a 27" sleeper.

I have a 24" crawthru sleeper on my B61 and stay in it when i go to a truck show (not over 2 days) theres not any room to turn over, wouldnt want to go over the road with it but it fits the truck nice. i would post a picture of it but dont know any thing about posting pictures. Ron

I wish i could find a picture,but i had an old "overdrive" magazine that had an advertizement for a "fold-out" accordian type add on sleeper (think of an army cot,hanging off the back of a daycab) not sure what brand this one is,but i always kinda liked the aluminum "Mercury" sleepers,pretty rare to find one in one piece these days.......................Mark

I was just telling someone about those the other day! My old Overdrives are way back in the attic.I know that ad is in at least one of them. There was always some guy featured who would either home-build or have a big sleeper built back in the day too!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Here you go,Ron.A couple from Walcott 2008.post-61-0-68283400-1329370178.jpgpost-61-0-77798700-1329370206.jpg

I'd like to add that Ron probably has one of the nicest B-61's around.Nicely chromed and updated,air ride,300+,13 speed,super sharp truck.

You got that right,Mike! :bulldog3:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

ok, i gotta ask, when putting a 300+ under the hood of a B61 do most of you guys do away with the intercooler and turn it into a 237? have seen a few with a scoop on the hood. kinda think i saw Rons truck before at a show. does it have a scoop and say 300+ on the hood scoop? have seen a few guys run the air tube from the intercooler down and under the bumper to. and have seen it y piped into the air cleaner tube but i dont think your gonna get much power out of a B model 4'' air cleaner intake and y piping a 6'' intercooler pipe and 4'' turbo air intake into it. just askin ha. might be a future project. Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

ok, i gotta ask, when putting a 300+ under the hood of a B61 do most of you guys do away with the intercooler and turn it into a 237? have seen a few with a scoop on the hood. kinda think i saw Rons truck before at a show. does it have a scoop and say 300+ on the hood scoop? have seen a few guys run the air tube from the intercooler down and under the bumper to. and have seen it y piped into the air cleaner tube but i dont think your gonna get much power out of a B model 4'' air cleaner intake and y piping a 6'' intercooler pipe and 4'' turbo air intake into it. just askin ha. might be a future project. Matt

Rons' has the tip turbin if I remember correctly.

Rob

Here you go,Ron.A couple from Walcott 2008.post-61-0-68283400-1329370178.jpgpost-61-0-77798700-1329370206.jpg

I'd like to add that Ron probably has one of the nicest B-61's around.Nicely chromed and updated,air ride,300+,13 speed,super sharp truck.

Thanks Mike and Al, I probably have too much chrome on it for an old truck and its a pain to keep clean but i look foward to Walcott every year to hangout and shoot the breeze with you guys. Thanks again Ron

Matt i did leave the tipturbine on plenty of room under the hood, before the hood scoop i had it piped down behind the bumper. i figgerd it would be cleaner air on top. my brother had his green F model i had my B model at Macungie last year. plan on being there this year was at Southbend last year too. Ron