Saw a couple rare dogs today

Took a truck over to a friend's place today so he could rob some parts & got to check out a couple of trucks I didn't know he had,a N85F,one of 5 built and a former UPS MH6122 four wheel drive tractor.Bout got a nosebleed climbing up into the MH,it's 2 steps taller than a regular one.I'll be sure and take my camera when I go back.

When I worked at UPS, a guy wrecked a package car and they had to take photos of it going into the crusher. They were pretty serious about the whole deal. I am surprised any escaped their clutches.

We had one catch on fire somewhere when I was helping out behind the counter and that was real handy for a couple of weeks to have an excuse as to what happened to someones lost package. If every package had really been in that little truck that was claimed to have been by all the centers, it would have taken a set of doubles to haul it all!

My Buddy i work for now used to work for a Friend of my Granddad's who had a used truck lot in South Memphis. Mr. Ben bought trucks from UPS All the time . but like yall talking bout MH Bulldogs . i seen several of them @ Mr. Ben's l Back lot w/ the Cabs cut in half . Ive also seen some @ the same lot w/ grey paint on them too .

Pop was looking for an E6 237 OR E6 300 Years ago for a 79' DM. My current boss & my granddad were like father & son . he told my granddad bout all the UPS Bulldogs that Mr Ben bought . we went down there, i was 12 yrs old @ the time . IT BROKE MY HEART TO SEE THOSE MH & F Models w/ the CABS CUT INTO!!! I asked MR. Ben why did you cut the cabs in half . he said son we have to cut the cabs in half as soon we buy the truck before it leaves UPS Property ! He also told me UPS Didnt want Anyone else using even an old truck of thiers . why is that ? liability reason ?

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

On the package cars , its a Brand thing. You can tell a UPS package car from FED EX or anyone else , they dont want their old trucks being run way down, they want to keep up their image, or so im told by UPS. Like the F , MH , CH , etc... I dont get... you can sand and re paint a truck and Never ever know it was a UPS truck but that takes alot more work than cutting one up. Im sure they dont want their old stuff looking like Penske's old yellow trucks used everywhere after they return them to be sold.

I worked for them years ago , now I drive for Fed Ex Ground.

I was told they paint the yard trucks yellow so their drivers know which ones to NOT drive on the street. Kinda like constantly telling a sod crew "Green side up"!

Or telling a Schneider driver-SHIFT

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

On the package cars , its a Brand thing. You can tell a UPS package car from FED EX or anyone else , they dont want their old trucks being run way down, they want to keep up their image, or so im told by UPS. Like the F , MH , CH , etc... I dont get... you can sand and re paint a truck and Never ever know it was a UPS truck but that takes alot more work than cutting one up. Im sure they dont want their old stuff looking like Penske's old yellow trucks used everywhere after they return them to be sold.

I worked for them years ago , now I drive for Fed Ex Ground.

Ya i can understand the reason on the package cars . I was wondering why it was required to scrap or part out the Bulldogs, Cornbinders, Louisville Fords , & ETC Class 8 trucks .

Jay is it true wht i've herd bout driving for UPS ? Ya gotta have a CLEAN Drving Record & If ya have 1 accident while working for them & they terminate you ?

It bepends, I drive the big stuff for Fed Ex , with UPS I drove pakage cars . They wanted a perfect record or so im told when I worked for them. They have their own drivers training and all. UPS is REALLY about their image! I was told by another UPS driver that they will can you after one accident. I also was told by another driver for example , someone runs a red light and hits a UPS truck , to protect their image UPS will take fault. Sounds stupid, not sure if its 100% true but the guy who told me had been their for many many years and always steerd me in the right direction. UPS is just bad for layoffs from what ive seen and experianced.

Fed Ex Ground cares about your records too , I was told not to even apply at Fed Ex Ground if I had anything on my driving record or criminal record. That came from the lady that hired me! Companies now a days can be alot more selective with less jobs out there.

Like I was saying, I think UPS doesnt want their old Class 8 trucks with the name coverd up with a new one running around like Roadway or Penske. Im sure they would want their entire brown paint and makings taken off the truck , and sand it down and repaint it. So its just easier to cut them up and part them out.

Jay - when did you drive for UPS? I did in the late 80's - early 90's.

We were a pretty rural center, so we got all the hand-me down package cars that wouldn't make it in big cities where they put more miles on them. Did you ever drive one of those little P300's where the gear shift would just pull up out of the floor in your hand when you shifted?

We took our driver training driving around in a package car with big glass windows on the sides and seats in the back. Half the guys never came back after we were all told you had to have a good driving record!

We had great mechanics that really took pride in good maintenance, but some of the centers I went to were not so lucky from the looks of things. I got stranded in Earth City, Mo one Christmas eve in a ice storm. I was supposed to drive home empty and I was sliding all over the yard so I backed up to the shop and when no one was looking, I loaded up with broken rims, springs, scrap metal and even a couple of transmissions up in the nose. I made it home in time to beat Santa but I got in big trouble the following week when someone came to take photos of all the junk parts before they went to the scrap yard and it was all missing! We were the end of the line for the older junkier trucks, I never saw them sell one, they all got cut in half, and it was high time they were scrapped when we were done with them.

I worked for them about 6 years ago, we had a 45 min drive just to start my route. 2 towns over. I drove a truck that dog legged , the rear axle was outta line , for a good long while. The run trucks in the ground for sure! Ive never seen a glass window package car like that , thats pretty damm cool. I had my supervisor with me on my route to help train me and get me used to it... a whole day! I had to use a hand drawn map I made to get around.

Jay Thanks for clearing that up for me . My buddy had got rearended on the I-55 Curve coming out of Ar into Memphis going towards President's Island BY an Overnite truck a few years ago (@time had been recently bought by UPS) Buddy was driving a Bobtailed KW Lowboy tractor @ the time when he got rearended he slowed down for the deep curve the Overnite /UPS Truck pulling doubles didnt slow down in time.

This is when he found out that UPS Drivers had to have a clean record . & ya my hometown being just North of Memphis i herd the same of FED EX Period . got several friemds & aquantinces that work for FED EX . & FED EX Ground i hear all kind of stories .