Interesting New Trucks

Last June when I drove the Mack Plant in PA, It was a nice summer day an some of the workers were outside having lunch on the Pic-Nic tables next to the plant. It took me back to the good old Mfg. days of Jersey! Heres some examples; Ford plants in Edison & Mahwah, GM plant in Linden, Gordens Gin, Linden, Hyatt Roller (GM) in Clark & Harrison, RCA Harrison, Crucible steel Harrison, Worthington Pump Harrison, Swift & CO. SO Kearny, Western-Electric (every telephone mfg. east of the Miss.) Coca Cola bottling So Kearny, Dupont Kearny, Pabst Blue Ribbon Nwk. GE NWK, Ballentine Beer Nwk. Kruger Beer Nwk. Mack Truck So Plainfield an Somervile, an the list goes on & on an that's just in the area I grew up in!! Were in the HELL did all of those jobs go?? So GOD BLESS Mack Truck in PA,an let's all keep buyin Macks!! And of course restore every Brockway that we can get our hands on!!....BULLHUSK

ya,,,its a crying shame,,like to see it all back,,,the polatitions sold us down the river,,and now they got the balls to hand me...its a global economy,,,what the hell is that supposed to tell me,,,except,thier all trying to wash thier hands of what they did to all our good jobs.concerned citizen.bob

One for our Australian friends. Tridents

post-334-0-74559000-1317257977_thumb.jpg

I did not take this picture.

3P,,,,,,We know you jumped in the corporate helicopter,, Went to Australia for the picture then flew to Canada to take the picture of the stone slinger..... So we have our fix of new truck candy

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

3P,,,,,,We know you jumped in the corporate helicopter,, Went to Australia for the picture then flew to Canada to take the picture of the stone slinger..... So we have our fix of new truck candy

I wish. I've been trying to figure out a way to get to Australia for years. My managers have always told me that they get to go first.

I keep sharing pics of new trucks so people might get the itch for a new one.

The completed trucks are from a internal Marketing email "Truck of the week". Typically Dealers send in photos and a little story about the customers and the success of the Mack's.

• 3 weeks later...

this winter i saw a truck with supper singles pull into the petro overflow parking in larame,wy. pool table level, while turning around pulling a spread axle, lost his momentum and couldn't pull the spread sideways, had to chain up to get out of the lot.

I was delivering pipes to a jobsite, unloading in a field, and the TMC trucks that were there could barely move in the wet grass, just spinning the whole way with super singles and our trucks never spun a wheel.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to worry UPS has run everthing under the sun except paccar. Mack/White/ GMC/Diamond Reo/Ford/IH/Volvo/Freightliner.

Nice to see some MP-8's for the twin screws. :SMOKIE-RT:

Love that UPS 613! UPS recently purchased some LNG powered KW T800s, but I don't think we can count them on the same playing field.

• 2 weeks later...

I note no air deflectors on some UPS tractors in the background... Are they awaiting deflector installation, or has UPS figured out that air deflectors are a waste when half their miles are bobtailing to the intermodal yard?

They are waiting for the deflectors to be installed. The fairings aren't installed at the plant, they are installed at the MOD center, unless it will make the truck too tall for shipping, in which case they are just strapped to the frame behind the cab. (Correct me if I'm wrong 3P).

• 2 weeks later...