Interesting New Trucks

The MRU looks great then they make a front loader out of it and all that juice from the cans oozes down over the cab and windshield. post-334-0-78458600-1307495990_thumb.jpg

We had one new 2011/2012 MRU in our area but customer sold it to someone in New York after 3 months of use. So glad to see it go!

My friends at Mike's truck and trailer in New Haven Ct. a few years ago started having the garbage haulers power wash their trucks before they would work on them. Mike said he was tired of maggots in his face. I appreciate the hard work trash haulers do and this country would come to a screeching halt if it wasn't for them.

I have a buddy thats a mechanic at Harvey Mack in Delaware,he said the garbage truck repairs always go to low man on the totem pole (senioritywise) because of the constant stream of "gravy" running out of them!....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a truck, but a new interesting feature that drivers may like.

Dead pedal

post-334-0-92430400-1336792373_thumb.jpg

Mack clutch pedal pad.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I have a buddy thats a mechanic at Harvey Mack in Delaware,he said the garbage truck repairs always go to low man on the totem pole (senioritywise) because of the constant stream of "gravy" running out of them!....................Mark

Buddy of mine works at a heavy truck repair facility and they just finished a new wing on the building. This thing has an "undercarriage" wash bay that is really neat. You drive into the bay, get out of the truck if wanted and start it. A very high pressure rotating wand washes the underside of the truck from front to back with 3000psi water and steam. After three minutes of this, everything is so hot and relatively clean, it dries fast. Not too bad to work on when not fighting several inches of grease and such eh?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You forgot to mention the moving rice. Them little boogers falling on you when you are in there.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

It is an ergonomic designed (comfy) spot to rest your foot while it is doing nothing.

Ergonomic = $5.00 word.

I'd rather have a functioning pedal that is not connected to anything. We had a 2 pedal truck at work that was used as a spare in an otherwise all manual fleet. I'm lucky i didn't break any bones while slamming my left foot to the floor before turning the key.

• Like 1

Jim

• 2 months later...

I like the stainless filler panels on the Titan but in the photo they look like they need a little better alignment under the cab? I think I can see a gap at the rear? Is this panel not attached to the cab and rigid frame mounted?

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

This week Macungie is the process of cleaning and painting the plant. It should look good when everything is done. We been throwing away decades of old stuff that is no longer in production. I have been saving some old maunals to see if the Mack Museum wants them.

I want some of that stuff. Specially MACK E9 V8 related memorabilia or literature...

• 1 month later...

Hi !

I went to the plant of Simard to see those two beast being built !!! man those guy's in Simard knows their

business very well !! very impressive truck the 8x8 , I've heard between branches that they are to bi ship into Mexico .

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale