Another Big Mack Sale

I heard from a buddy that works at Mack they just got an order for over 400 trucks from UPS. Looks like Mack might finish the year strong! Plus more workers are being called back to the Macungie plant which is always good.

Long live the bulldog

UPS ordered 250 which have to be delivered by Thanksgiving. Another 250 are possible. We are still building Chrysler trucks, they had multiple orders, the latest are going to Canada. ComCar ordered 99 CXU's. There are a number of DOT's ordering Granites. We're building alot of sleepers right now. NYC is supposed to order some garbage trucks this year. We've also been building some Titan's lately.

Next Monday the rest of the new people start. The plant is busy.

thats great to hear. hope it keeps moving forward........ off topic ..Mack3P.... last year I recall you had to move if you wanted to keep the job? is that still an issue or are you secure for now?

Bulkmatic is another one ordering CXU's.

I was one of the few fortunate enough to retain a job. I am now in Macungie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wonder what units will be retired? CH's, Sterlings, Visions Cornbinders or a mix. :rolleyes:

probably some of our baby cornbinders and our million and a half mile CH's. I wish it was this crappy three year old pinnacle I drive. It spends two months a year at Mack on recall issues. We haven't seen any new trucks come in yet.

Does it look like a very busy peak season? When I heard the news of the big UPS order I thought that business might be picking up, but maybe they're just replacing the old baby binders, etc.?

I went to my local Mack dealer a few months ago to get an oil change and they went to checking if it had any recall items. They said there were issues with the headlight switchs on some CXs mine wasn't on the list I asked what year models were effected and the guy told me all of the CXUs...volvo wiring harness I said. Cheapening the brand...

• Like 1

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

I went to my local Mack dealer a few months ago to get an oil change and they went to checking if it had any recall items. They said there were issues with the headlight switchs on some CXs mine wasn't on the list I asked what year models were effected and the guy told me all of the CXUs...volvo wiring harness I said. Cheapening the brand...

Where you been? haven't seen you the boards here.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

• 4 months later...

All of the new Macks that were supposed to go to Lexington, Ky actually ended up in Sharonville Ohio. They put in a DEF tank in Sharonville at a cost of 60k, so UPS wouldn't put in a tank in Lexington. We got the old Internationals from them.I would rather drive my old CH till the wheels fall off.

• 2 weeks later...

A few big orders going on. UPS ordered 50 more trucks, ABF ordered 300 more, and PittOhio orderd 70 more. Some larger export orders 30 GU's to Saudi Arabia, and 70 to Chili on top of what has already been built.

A few big orders going on. UPS ordered 50 more trucks, ABF ordered 300 more, and PittOhio orderd 70 more. Some larger export orders 30 GU's to Saudi Arabia, and 70 to Chili on top of what has already been built.

Are the exports CKD or are they completly assembled?

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"