Pictures of the Week

other dog

28 minutes ago, Brocky said:

Consider your checkbook!!! You have already spent a fortune getting this gas engine running right.

Man, ain't that the truth! And it'll  cost another fortune to paint it.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

13 hours ago, Brocky said:

By only looking at the pictures, I am NOT sure it needs painting???? Try to buff out the lettering, and get it relettered and a little pin striping and you will be good to go.. You are only less than 70?? I am 79 and the health issues are making it harder to travel each year.. Use your coins to travel and attend the shows you want to.. Try to consider the truck an investment that you can sell at a profit 10-15 years from now..

We could certainly get by without painting it, we just want a different color on it mainly. And I wouldn't seriously consider any engine swap, even if the engine in it just disintegrated - it would be on marketplace immediately 🤣 

13 hours ago, Brocky said:

By only looking at the pictures, I am NOT sure it needs painting???? Try to buff out the lettering, and get it relettered and a little pin striping and you will be good to go.. You are only less than 70?? I am 79 and the health issues are making it harder to travel each year.. Use your coins to travel and attend the shows you want to.. Try to consider the truck an investment that you can sell at a profit 10-15 years from now..

you have my vote on those statements. less then 70; get ready for the up coming days/years. "where did my ambition and energy go "?  I think the truck is mint by the pictures. little elbow grease as they say , throw in a fluff and buff. truck show ready.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, other dog said:

We could certainly get by without painting it, we just want a different color on it mainly. And I wouldn't seriously consider any engine swap, even if the engine in it just disintegrated - it would be on marketplace immediately 🤣 

Sometimes we have to learn to like what we got!!!!! Changing the wheel color to something different that goes with your green and matches the new lettering and pinstriping might (???) improve the the whole truck to your liking. And a whole lot cheaper than painting the whole thing!!  You can photo shop, can you put your truck on the computer screen and play with different colors??????

• Like 2

Brocky

5 minutes ago, Brocky said:

Sometimes we have to learn to like what we got!!!!! Changing the wheel color to something different that goes with your green and matches the new lettering and pinstriping might (???) improve the the whole truck to your liking. And a whole lot cheaper than painting the whole thing!!  You can photo shop, can you put your truck on the computer screen and play with different colors??????

We have a color in mind already, we were going to paint it gray with blue fenders, I think it would look fantastic, and different. And since we live in Appomattox - civil war, blue and gray, it would have fit right in. I'm sure it would have been a big hit in the Railroad Festival Parade they have every October.

Then we changed our minds.

Maybe look into a full vinyle wrap, no idea on the cost but it's quicker, easier and you can get any colour and pin stripes, lines or graphics you want printed on the wrap

The purists wont like it, but it isn't for them 

Paul

• Like 1
  • Like 1

they used to be "standard equipment " back then, OK I KNOW back then was few years ago!! gee LOL, one spare headlight cushioned in gray sponge material having a few smaller bulbs in their own pocket holes. Small clip held door/cover closed. first i've seen one mounted side ways. usually on floor. another item thrown away -- who would have know years later it's one of those things which makes a different todays show trucks. remember when new trucks also came with a bottle jack and round tube holding road flares. 

• Like 2

I have never seen one ….my uncle Brockways had something on the ceiling holding extra 1157 and 67s I think haven’t seen one since 1968 memory fading

9 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

...one spare headlight cushioned in gray sponge material having a few smaller bulbs in their own pocket holes. Small clip held door/cover closed. 

Yep, that's it!

• Like 2

An original International gear knob maybe? Probably hard to find, but there were 1'000's of inter in US that always possible to find.

There used to be an International truck web site like the Big Mack and that was a good site for parts. Is it still on the internet? 

P8270929.JPG

P8270931.JPG

Tom, I have just looked at US Ebay and there are 2 Inter Scout knobs for bidding currently at $19.99. The knobs are the same as was fitted in your Inter truck. The tops are different pattern however you could have a new top shift pattern made up by someone with a 3D printer or laser machine to copy your shift pattern and you replace the it.

Thanks, I was on old Internationaltrucks.com, they have a lot of parts too. Never looked for gearshift knobs, but I don't particularly like the one that's on it. 

My shift pattern is like this-

PXL_20240528_194029951.thumb.jpg.5589f8dd91c3984e47f7bbc887e675d9.jpg

The seller said it had an overdrive transmission, but I don't think it is. I looked at brochures and spec. sheets for this particular model truck and it did not even list any overdrive transmission as an option. I know that doesn't mean it hasn't been swapped out sometime in the last 60 years, but I don't think it has.