Pictures of the Week

other dog

18 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Bloody good job getting it sorted, probably need some fine tuning once driving about, but your well on the way now

Top job 

Paul

Well I can't take much credit, I had lots of helpful advice from people here, especially Freightrain, maint1, and Draggin wagon. And if you get near the 'hood there's always that barbecue!

Or, if you could, the Keystone Antique Truck and Tractor Museum is well worth a visit. It's about 2 hours from here, me and Zina got married there. It's right off Interstate 95 in Colonial Heights, Va. Let us know when you're gonna be there, we'll ride down. Maybe 1958FWD will come too.

I'm at the blue dot, the museum is at the red balloon. All we have to do is follow that little gray line.

Screenshot_20240518-092143.thumb.png.b135aa08511dfe02379ab2bdf01fa6b0.png

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Yes, Tom I had to weed whack my entire driveway and start weeding my wife’s flower bed yesterday what a ball buster working on the DM right now good luck, bud

14 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

WELL she's "a new girl to me " !! at my age ; can't be toooo fussy.

just for you mecho,,,,,veronica cartrite at 75 humma humma,,,,,im sure most of you remember violet rutherford//////

thumbnail.png

• Like 1

Or you might remember her from Daniel Boone? She was his daughter I think his daughter she was always at the dinner table. Haven’t seen the show in a long time…. Bob

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, other dog said:

Well I can't take much credit, I had lots of helpful advice from people here, especially Freightrain, maint1, and Draggin wagon. And it you get near the 'hood there's always that barbecue!

Or, if you could, the Keystone Antique Truck and Tractor Museum is well worth a visit. It's about 2 hours from here, me and Zina got married there. It's right off Interstate 95 in Colonial Heights, Va. Let us know when you're gonna be there, we'll ride down. Maybe 1958FWD will come too.

I'm at the blue dot, the museum is at the red balloon. All we have to do is follow that little gray line.

Screenshot_20240518-092143.thumb.png.b135aa08511dfe02379ab2bdf01fa6b0.png

I have a very loose plan in mind 

Fly into JFK, and head loosely for Cline landing in Alberta Canada, then to L.A., then New Orleans and back to New York 

What I do in between is pretty much unplanned 

Tim Maikshilo from the forum has sorted a set of wheels for me

Wanna see mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse monument, Grand Canyon, and what ever else tickles my fancy 

So I reckon we can probably catch up

Paul

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mowerman said:

just for you mecho,,,,,veronica cartrite at 75 humma humma,,,,,im sure most of you remember violet rutherford//////

thumbnail.png

now you just stop that !!!LOL  laughing so much the coughing started . and your in trouble with my wife;;; she thinks your setting me up with a hot date. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I have a very loose plan in mind 

Fly into JFK, and head loosely for Cline landing in Alberta Canada, then to L.A., then New Orleans and back to New York 

What I do in between is pretty much unplanned 

Tim Maikshilo from the forum has sorted a set of wheels for me

Wanna see mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse monument, Grand Canyon, and what ever else tickles my fancy 

So I reckon we can probably catch up

Paul

Throw Yellowstone in the mix also.. A great drive thru experience..

Brocky

12 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

now you just stop that !!!LOL  laughing so much the coughing started . and your in trouble with my wife;;; she thinks your setting me up with a hot date. 

I’d be lining up in front of you !!!!!!!! Lol

• Haha 1

As much as I'd love to have you over for a barbecue, if you can only do one or the other, the museum would be a much more memorable experience...or maybe it wouldn't 🤣 

I've seen Mt. Rushmore, I delivered a water tank to a campground near there in 98 or 99. That's a '98 Freightliner I was driving. All the pictures I took on that trip were taken with disposable 35mm cameras that I bought along the way, so the picture quality wasn't the greatest.

Screenshot_20240519-114546.thumb.png.8d2efb48797863d06cdfefa510fa1bc1.png

I think they were just getting started on the Crazy Horse monument. I've never seen the Grand Canyon or Yellowstone park either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, other dog said:

I've seen Mt. Rushmore, I delivered a water tank to a campground near there

Did they build that pull-off for you to take that picture? lol    .....Hippy

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 70mackMB said:

Did they build that pull-off for you to take that picture? lol    .....Hippy

I actually saw a picture similar to that before I ever went out there. I just tried to duplicate it, but my little disposable picture taking device wasn't the greatest. I think the picture I saw was taken from that same spot, so they might have made that pull-off for them.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Video is excellent. It looks like the two speed rare end is doing what it’s supposed to do love the gauges and your neighborhood looks as hillbilly as mine does ha ha have a ball with it.. bob

Awesome Video's my friend!!!

I remember my Grandpa talking about them "GAS Jobbys" he knew a guy that hauled steel with one he could pull double loads with it. Well when the diesels started coming out the guy bought a fancy Freightliner with all the fixin's. That diesel couldn't pull double loads like that "gas Jobby" and he ended up losing his butt and had to sell everything. 

• Like 1

all most forgot all about this..toooooo long ago,,,one of my first jobs helper on a beer delivery truck 1974 driver hadda a load star IH pulling a loaded budweiser trailer with a gasser,,,seemed to be doing a good job,hauling all that weight...bob

• Like 1