Help with my 51 Mack Fire engine.

chewy0776

Wow missed this somehow that thing is gorgeous really good condition google search for a filter element and tubeless rims still available. They are not cheap as far as the brake booster. You’ll have to shop around again. Google search first brake booster rebuild. I’m sure somebody has parts for it out there. Good luck and thanks for the post…. Bob

I have the same problem with a split rims. I’m just gonna do them myself. I was going to go to tubeless, but they’re so expensive. I’m just going to use what I got. And yes, that is quite a looker. You got there truck appears to be immaculate…. Bob

Really nice Mack L , I want through the same process on my 54 L pumper, www.whitepost.com in Virgina cost about $700.to rebuild the hydrovac, changed all tires and rims to Daytons rims and 1100x20 radials (better ride) after I had a flat on the steer tire ,the locking rim was very rusted out and dangerous,so what would the others look like ? came from snow country

Changed the oil filter system from the old sock canister (only filters about 10% of your oil) to a spin-on,you have to make a bracket easy to do , I can send a photo to your phone. also changed the points in dists. to Petronics( electronic) ,must be made for positive ground if that is what you still have. Changed the batteries from 4- 6v to 2 -12 volt

• Like 2

Change over to tubeless 1100.20. I did all four on back of my 52 L85 and it was night and day difference. Truck rides so much better. I found all four rims and pretty new  tires for $100 on Craigslist 

• Like 1