Square steel step fuel tank for b61t year 1957

cheech147

Bob,,, It happens a lot...  Youve seen it too many times..  I have actually avoided some posts recently, because I felt like I would waste my time..  no biggie...  I just wait for something I can help on...  

I have rad a lot of older posts here..  seems to me that todays guys want instant answers.. rather than some chit chat about options, and getting a few opinions..  Thier loss..  anyway, Happy Saturday..  

12 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I have rad a lot of older posts here..  seems to me that todays guys want instant answers.. rather than some chit chat about options, and getting a few opinions..  Thier loss..  anyway, Happy Saturday..  

kinda remind me of these steering wheel holders,passing me all day wearing a full headset like a telephone operater,,,,and dont even know what a CB radio is,,or what they do...lol.   or how do you say??????????????     they only talk to you when they want something   ....bob

13 hours ago, mowerman said:

Thought I would add thier pretty much comparable to any fuel tanks as far as prices thier not nessasarilly overpriced 

True. I had a couple round aluminum tanks made for my B-61 and the price was pretty much the same after dollar exchange and such as the new squares offered by Watts other than shipping. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Dont know if these are what you're looking for. I was planning on cutting the fuel neck out of one to fabricate a filler neck for my flatbed pickup.  

Screenshot_20231217-100745.png

Them are later tanks than he his looking for, might work with a little fabrication of brackets.    terry:MackLogo:

I am kind of confused just out of curiosity I was looking at a bunch of old posts of B models and it looks like they were using both styles newer and earlier rounded versions. I’m not sure what’s happening there. I’m not a big authority on B model .

don’t understand why they’re using both unless some of these guys have changed them to the later so style ones somewhere along the line… bob

2 hours ago, Licensed to kill said:

True. I had a couple round aluminum tanks made for my B-61 and the price was pretty much the same after dollar exchange and such as the new squares offered by Watts other than shipping. 

Last, when I got was out of a wrecking yard of an F model, UPS tractor only paid 50 bucks. It was a little too long. I was going to have a shortened but decided to just reroute my exhaust around it since shortening the tank would probably be couple hundred bucks . That’s if I could find anyone at all to do it around here … bob