1998 CH613 with Mack 6 Speed?

Warpman89

Question

Hello, I am looking at a clean 98 CH daycab for sale with Mack single stick 6 speed transmission, no air shift. Does anyone know what model transmission this would be? Also, what ratios would this transmission have? It has 4.17 rears and I would like to know if this thing will run highway speeds without crazy high RPMS.

13 answers to this question

well a couple popular models were the 2070  and a 2060..  is the shift pattern label behind the sun visor?  if not you can clean the area behind the big fill plug.  the model is stamped into the main housing along with the part number..  they had air shift for low range (Un-synchronized) there will be a blue button on the front of the knob..  pictures always help us to help you..  Jojo

T2060, T2070 and T2080 all had 0.60 overdrive in the main box. 0.71 is for T2090.

6 speed single stick model was T2060A. Mack engeneers made gears in the main box narrower and could suit 6 in there instead of the common 5. Revers was also in its place in the main box. OD was 0.714.

There's also similar model in T300 series but the one I'm familiar with is even T308 eight speed. Possibly 6 and 7-speed versions also existed.

IMG-20190207-WA0000.jpg

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Yes terry,  I did see that.. I was hoping he would post pictures of the shift pattern sticker, shift knob, and/or the stamping in the side of the tranny.. I think the 206G was a 6 SPD. In one box..  Jojo

2 hours ago, Warpman89 said:

tra0371_2-vi.jpg

this is the shift pattern so it must be a t2060a, is this a good transmission? It's the first I've seen like it

once again this proves the old  statement == never tooo old to learn something new. wasn't aware of a Mack non-air 6 speed pattern transmission 

The local Kenan gas tanker trucks had those transmissions in them many many years ago. I went on many late night service calls due to the drivers leaning over on the gear shifter and the shifter would pop out of the slot for the shifter fork. We finally found out if we left the gasket out and just used RVT/silicone the shifter would stick down in the top cover just far enough to keep this from reoccurring. 

• Like 2

On 12/7/2023 at 12:46 PM, Mackpro said:

The local Kenan gas tanker trucks had those transmissions in them many many years ago. I went on many late night service calls due to the drivers leaning over on the gear shifter and the shifter would pop out of the slot for the shifter fork. We finally found out if we left the gasket out and just used RVT/silicone the shifter would stick down in the top cover just far enough to keep this from reoccurring. 

Sounds like the o-ring in the shifter tower was missing. Our Eaton 8LL would do that. Bought it used, and after the second time fixing it on the road we drove it back to the yard, pulled the tower out, disassembled, and found bits of what was left of an o-ring on the top side of the shifter ball/socket. New o-ring, hasn't happened in the past 10 years now.

• Like 1