1985 Mack MH613 cabover

Go to solution Solved by farmer52,

Hello, recently acquired a nice old Mack cabover to use on my farm. It’s an all Mack one (Mack 350, Mack 9 speed and Mack rears).  Someone removed the bulldog off the front. I bought a used bulldog off eBay but still need the base.  Truck has the bracket mounted, with two holes just a bit wider than my bulldogs feet. Anyone know what the part number is for the correct base to go on my truck?

IMG_9464.jpeg

imagejpeg_1.jpeg

imagejpeg_2.jpeg

IMG_9999.png

Edited by JMetz
Add pic
  • Like 1

The bulldog I bought has legs 1” apart and has a part #87931.

This bracket on my truck has two holes about 1.25” apart. Your saying no in between base needed just a bulldog with wider feet. Anyone know a part number of bulldog that bolts onto my mount? 

Edited by JMetz
Spelling

59 minutes ago, JMetz said:

The bulldog I bought has legs 1” apart and has a part #87931.

This bracket on my truck has two holes about 1.25” apart. Your saying no in between base needed just a bulldog with wider feet. Anyone know a part number of bulldog that bolts onto my mount? 

87931 is the patent number they all had. More than likely you have a smaller bumper guide dog. Easiest way to know you're buying the right size without a part number is if it has cropped ears. The smaller ones only had sharp pointed ears.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, farmer52 said:

I was asked to log in and reply to this message.

You bought the "pup" version.  You need to full size dog.

The chrome bulldog pn is 27RU217B.  The gold bulldog was not installed on the MH even if it was 100% Mack.  The gold bulldog pn is 27RU217BP2.

It attaches directly to the mount with 2 -1/4"x1-1/4" UNF countersunk oval head capscrews (pn 103AX109).

I did a thread a LONG time ago about changing my bulldog from chrome to gold.

I forgot to add 27RU217B subs to 2515 2847 and 27RU217BP2 subs to 2516 1913.  Both list for over $100.

Thank you sir!  Very informative. 

28 minutes ago, Hans Remmers said:

87931 is the patent number they all had. More than likely you have a smaller bumper guide dog. Easiest way to know you're buying the right size without a part number is if it has cropped ears. The smaller ones only had sharp pointed ears.

What was the smaller dog I have originally mounted on?  

Anyone looking for one let me know. 

• Solution

That bracket you have on your truck is almost correct base for the bulldog mascote. Stock part for the MH-model. You just bought a wrong dog as other members mentioned above.

I saw such the base for sale on Ebay a couple years ago and thought I saved its pic on my hard drive. Rifled through it yesterday trying to answer your question but haven't found any. And now I see you added a photo of what you have on your truck and that's exactly what I have on my MH. 

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2023 at 1:22 PM, JMetz said:

6NZ is a C-15, and a highly sought after pre emission Cat motor. Often referred to as one of the best Cat motors produced. 

I ran a 435 for a short time that was a pulling SOB real pleasure to drive, 80 mile an hour top end made it nice to pass people with triples trailers on a two Lane Rd. just wind it up and blow their doors off bulldog looks great nice catch you could also walk through Home Depot and find what you need. They got all kinds of stuff like that. Good luck bud.

On 12/26/2023 at 4:22 PM, JMetz said:

6NZ is a C-15, and a highly sought after pre emission Cat motor. Often referred to as one of the best Cat motors produced. 

Isn't there a fairly significant difference in "C-15" engines vs "C15"? I think the C-15 was only made for one year and then it became the C15, then ultimately the C15 ACERT. I don't know what makes the C-15, other than the valve cover, different from the C15 but if I recall correctly it was a more desirable arrangement.