Eye opening

hicrop10

I have been having chest pains for the last 6-8 weeks,well it all came together this past Monday.I left the house around 5:15 for work with some chest pains as I drove to work it was getting worse.Got off the interstate and headed for the hospital,they did end up telling me I did have a heart attack.So now I’m in the mood of changing my bad diet and just doing stupid shit.I throught it all started when I was moving around some 1200x24’s tires and wheels,now that not bad if your 30 something but at 67 not the best thing to be doing. Point I’m trying to make here to think before you act.

• Like 2

Yep, you need to take care of the ticker

Princess has been less than dedicated to taking care of her's and in recent months I have had to run her up to the hospital a few times for a over night stay 

Problem isn't the ticker as such, but as we age we need more medical treatment and a crook ticker really restricts what the doc can do to help

Take care and glad your on the improve

Paul

• Like 1

Shit. 2023 has been the year of the heart attack 'round here. Jan 2, my neighbor had chest pains & tried driving himself to town. He was dead before the head-on crash he caused after drifting across the center line. Buddy of mine spent over a month in the hospital in the spring with AFIB...took that long to get his ticker back in rhythm. Another neighbor had chest pains late spring/early summer and got a ride to the ER. 95% blockage. Doc told him if he'd have gone to bed that night trying to tough it out, he wouldn't have woken up. I'm driving out of the retail store filling in because one of their drivers didn't show up for work last Wednesday. After not answering his phone, they sent someone to check on him...found him in his pickup in the driveway like he was leaving for work...but slumped over dead. I'm just ready for this year to end. Too many funerals. Too many close calls.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

a very good friend was complaining of constant "heartburn" for three weeks. i kept telling him to go to a doctor NOW!

he finally made an appointment two weeks later. and had a massive heart attack walking into the doctors office. they said he was dead before he hit the ground.

if he had listened to me 5 weeks earlier he would still be here. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I am also the same age. Glad you’re OK. I’m pretty much the same way. Just keep plugging along like i  was  20 .. don’t have too many health issues, but one never knows I do drink too much, but I’ve been trying to control it. Best of luck to you, bud.   Bob

I "harp/nag" to the younger generation ALL the time about start now to take care of yourself, time flies by faster then you will realize. mother-in-law (80's)smoked probably 1/2 pack or more a day. says one day; I have to stop smoking lungs are getting bad, I said why stop now damage is done . you can take an engine with 100k which never had an oil change .then it starts making noise; better change oil= really too late now. speaking from experience and having a bad ticker since12 ; the retirement yrs have been worse then 50 + yrs of working 80 hrs a week. retired and older the body doesn't have the ambition levels of yrs before. fine yourself hanging around and food picking, boy do the pounds add up fast. heart Dr told me " your retiring now , better not come back here 20lbs over weight.!! it's a bit-h  trying to keep the 20lbs off. little known fact ( to family members)not my BMT family ..is main reason for not driving to NC  is the internal chest and other pains have been getting worse. afraid to get behind the wheel for that long a haul. Dam old age sucks. how I miss having a good burger and ice cream not to mention missing beer and cigars. 

hirop10 glad your on the mend.

• Like 2

back in summer of "15 I was informed by the heart DR= "you really cut this one close" referring to how long I waited before addressing the chest pains I had been having. being thick-headed Polack I couldn't hide it any more. used to go out in the fleet yard and hide behind trailers. Ya I know real fu--in stupid.  aorta  was close to exploding. they opened me up took it out and put in new parts. think warranty's up .  youngsters take care of yourself early. 

• Like 2