Finally some DM progress

Go to solution Solved by mowerman,

13 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Well Bob,,, if you ask me,, it seems like DCW is your go-to guy on this one..  🍻

Uhhh…no!  I just know what the letters meant!  You’ll have to help him with the actual mechanical stuff!!!

• Haha 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Well, back to the old grind vacation over be messing with it more Saturday. I’ll let you guys know what I come up with. I’m pretty sure Joey that’s the right numbers in the front there. Also, I noticed the dropins  only our turquoise. Rest of the housings are not.Bob

15 hours ago, mowerman said:

Hell man!!!!!!!! Would be appreciated anywhere bud go for it … no rush I put the truck away for the week I’ll mess with it more Saturday I have been burning out right easy  every day since I got back from Cortland  

Not sure if I mentioned, I broke all three screws on one of the hood latch catches ha ha that’s when I decided to go back in the house let it all alone for a while. I looked at those screws and kinda knew that was gonna happen before it even touched them. 

IMG_2500.jpeg

Not so much for the veterans, but hopefully helpful for some of the newer members…

The 607 implies what the standard engine was…maybe the n/a END-673P.  But, as shown in those brochures, there were optional engines available. Could have been a couple of different engines factory-installed. 

The “S” shows that it was originally a “six wheel” (tandem) truck  

The lack of a “T” says it was not originally built as a tractor, but rather as a straight truck. Pretty common on DMs, since the primary market was “Dumper and Mixer”. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

OK thanks for that. Not sure what you mean by six wheel tandem ha ha is it that a Twin Dr., Anyway The Engine is a ENDT673 Mecho  was asking me about that I told him I thought it was at 211or a 205 bob

Mack called single-screw models "4 wheel" and twin-screw models "6 wheel".  You can see examples of that on the brochures I posted.

Most of those 673's had a HP rating on a tag somewhere on the engine.  Can't remember if it is on the engine or the pump, though.  I'm betting 211 HP, as I think that was the rating on the ones with no other letters after the engine model number.

8 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Mack called single-screw models "4 wheel" and twin-screw models "6 wheel".  You can see examples of that on the brochures I posted.

Most of those 673's had a HP rating on a tag somewhere on the engine.  Can't remember if it is on the engine or the pump, though.  I'm betting 211 HP, as I think that was the rating on the ones with no other letters after the engine model number.

The NA 673 were 170 or 185 for the split intake version.  The turbo was 205 hp.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

38 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

The NA 673 were 170 or 185 for the split intake version.  The turbo was 205 hp.

Howdy, Larry!

It varied from year to year  here’s a 211hp ENDT-673.

IMG_7389.png

Edited by doubleclutchinweasel

16 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I beleive they are thread-serts..  threaded bushings bonded into the original fiberglass..  Hes lucky they didnt twist out of the hood causing holes..  He may be able to drill them out.  they are replaceable and there is a riveter type tool to install new ones..

I was thinking the same thing Joey maybe after I get the part off I can spray the hell out of the studs and keep tapping them around. I might be able to save them just take my time you know what I mean also so I thought the same thing about replacing with pop rivets I have a gun I don’t think I’ve used it in 40 years Sears and roebucks craftsman when they were going strong and we bought everything from them bought it around 1973 now I’m starting to wonder if I know where it is. Ha ha thanks again bud. 

• Like 1

Well, I got almost nothing done move the vehicle in to position for more sanding… sprayed the hell out of broken bolts in nose  put in 5 gallons of fresh diesel fuel sprayed another good size wasp nest in the frame and that was about it Rest  of the day was spent n yard maintenance lol… Bob

On 8/18/2023 at 5:33 PM, Joey Mack said:

I beleive they are thread-serts..  threaded bushings bonded into the original fiberglass..  Hes lucky they didnt twist out of the hood causing holes..  He may be able to drill them out.  they are replaceable and there is a riveter type tool to install new ones..

I used those to install my visor.  Better then just lag bolts!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"