mowerman

LOL, long time between hair cuts these days

Nah the bull catcher isnt my photo 

I'll try and find a video of bull catching 

The government eradicated TB in Australia in the 70's 

All the buffalo got shot out and every cow in Australia was tested

People lost whole herds of cattle 

I tried growing my hair long and it just fell out lol

Working on a cattle property in the Burnett as a young bloke the other stock man convinced me to let them shave my head as it would thinken it up

All pissed as nits, blood running over me left eye because the drunken bums cut a bit deep

Oh to be young and silly lol

And yeah I done some of this maddness as a young bloke

The older stock men years ago would run bullocks until the got knocked up a bit then jump from the galloping horse and swing on the tail of the bullock and pull him down 

Apparently if the bullock was run to long he would get his second wind and you would end up in a screaming heap

Water buffalo were different and much much bigger and only wanted for their hide, the stock men would gallop in front of the big angry buffalo and shoot in the head at point blank range with the 303

My balls were never big enough for that

When choppers came out a the lot of a lot of the silliness happened 

Mind you I loved living this style of life and when cook is going crook at me, my wanders back to when I was young and day dreams all while trying to look sorry for my wrong doings lol

lol that's video is awesome! The "tough guys" around here still do everything the "old fashion way" and wind up getting mangled. But the fat chicks love it!

You guys down there in Australia have had it figured out, we just like wasting everyone's time playing cowboy. One LandCruiser should do the work of about 10 guys on horses. 

• Haha 1

I reckon the first catchers were 40 years ago

Choppers were still only fairly new to station work so a couple of cruisers with armour plating and old truck tyres on the front were used to push the big cattle down and pin them

A lot of bruising resulted and then the wonder of all wonders, the arm went onto grab them around the neck

I notice these blokes are grabbing them around the belly which probably even leaves less bruising 

Only use these on really wild cattle that have never seen man horse in their life

Paul

11 hours ago, mowerman said:

You would be surprised bud with the prices these days. Good luck hell I forgot all about that Chevy. Lol 

JT formula, he's the car guy on here, had the GMC General, said the average retail was $12,250. My car guy here who was going to sell it for me said he was going to put $10,900 on it, and JT said that would be a good price. We were going to put the money towards the Nissan, but we still put 20 down and they gave her 24 for the CR-V, so we did ok. I know I'll take a beating on the F150 but there's no reason to keep it and keep paying for insurance and taxes on it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Brocky,,,  You just made another one of my point's...   Tom........  Dont sell the damn F-150!!

And this is coming from a Bowtie Guy...

• Like 2

Great Idea!! SC Law reads good for show, parades, AND "road test after service"... That covers a multitude of sins!!!  Including going to the dump, Lowes, and hardware store,  as well as Sunday ice cream cone!!

• Like 2

Brocky

I've git antique plates on the Acar, R model  and my 57 IH those are insured by Hagerty for $430 a year total.

The B model pickup is insured through Grundy full insurance ("classic car") about $150 a year and they did not require me to use antique plates. I can drive that one any time I want. I guess they figure it's a low exposure situation 

• Like 1

Well Friday night roled around again, watched a old Cary Grant movie, "Mother Goose" had a couple of bourbons and toddled of to bed and thought I'll catch up on social media

Next thing I know, I can hear the Princess laughing and my eyes are shut and I have been power napping lol

Bugger me I didn't even feel my eye lids getting heavy, it just sort of happened 

No excitement for methis weekend, house renovations STILL, will it ever end 

Floors back in the ensuite and walk in robe, ceiling joists and batterns are half done, then weld up a shower recess out of aluminium, tiles, plumbing, electrical, plaster (dry wall I think you blokes call it) paint carpet, bugger me Im gunna stop thinking about this 

Paul 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Where the Heck can You buy Hamm's Beer????  

I have had this sign for 10+ years..  Never had the Beer though.......

KIMG2109.JPG

That is awesome!!!! I’ve been collecting Hamms, Pabst  Blue Ribbon ,Falstaff  , Coors and Schlitz signs , clocks and lights for the last 2 years for my Bar/pool house. Wife says no more signs as I’m out of room to store  the ones I already have till the inside of the Bar is done.  But tomorrow going looking for more due to the rain keeping us off the lake. I remember the Hamms  advertising as a kid. 

A6C07881-51DC-49F6-9C4F-26B130868990.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I’m willing to donate my Jeep to a new Hamms advertising campaign. Had some great pics but they won’t load. Had to do a quick pic. By the way , our local Walmart has Hamms in the 16 ounce cans for around 86 cents a can.  Cheaper than water! Lol

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Pavement Princess is in now. Literally bought it from a 75 year old lady that couldn’t get in it anymore, garage kept with over 200,000 miles on her. Almost like new . Bought it on a whim and led me on a quest for another that led me to a 2021 Gladiator. Jeep’s are like Harley’s , price don’t get ya, the million of accessories do. 

C0BD50F8-4E3B-4CAD-B1DF-FFEF9F8BA115.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

oh Hell,,  I get it, I have 3 Harleys,,  My sportster is fun, My Custom Duece is beautiful, and My Wifes Tri-Glide Ultra Classic Is a 3 wheeled Cadillac....

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

oh Hell,,  I get it, I have 3 Harleys,,  My sportster is fun, My Custom Duece is beautiful, and My Wifes Tri-Glide Ultra Classic Is a 3 wheeled Cadillac....

I’m looking to get back into bikes . To many  close calls years ago so the wife is not on board as of yet. I really like some on the new Indian’s 

Edited by Mackpro
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Mackpro said:

That is awesome!!!! I’ve been collecting Hamms, Pabst  Blue Ribbon ,Falstaff  , Coors and Schlitz signs , clocks and lights for the last 2 years for my Bar/pool house. Wife says no more signs as I’m out of room to store  the ones I already have till the inside of the Bar is done.  But tomorrow going looking for more due to the rain keeping us off the lake. I remember the Hamms  advertising as a kid. 

A6C07881-51DC-49F6-9C4F-26B130868990.jpeg

Must a distant relative of Bundy rum I guess

The bundy bear has led me astray as a young bloke,  he may look soft and cuddley but he will make a mess of yah quick as look at yah

Paul

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mackpro said:

I’m willing to donate my Jeep to a new Hamms advertising campaign. Had some great pics but they won’t load. Had to do a quick pic. By the way , our local Walmart has Hamms in the 16 ounce cans for around 86 cents a can.  Cheaper than water! Lol

image.jpg

It's from the land of sky blue water- says so right on the can.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.