Happy Friday fellas

mowerman

But after Covid and Biden I’m sure they’re really sticking it to us 200 bucks for a new chainsaw. I just paid Home Depot works real well but the damn thing is pretty much nothing but plastic ha ha…. Bob

i have done that a few times with other tools, and I have a folder in the file cabinet for all the reciepts and owners manuals..  Amen My Brother!!!!

In adition,,,,  I havent paid for a Delco alternator or starter for 2 of my Chevy trucks, and got 2 batteries replaced as well, because I kept my receipts..  all this over the last 6 years..  I still have receipts on the ready. :) 

Edited by Joey Mack
More content needed
  • Like 2

Buddy of mine,  just bought a brand new battery lawnmower kind of a long story, but it was supposed to come with a spare battery. He was going round and round with these people on the phone they kept telling him they cannot ship it long story short they wound  up giving him a $400 store credit, so he pretty much got the lawnmower for free 

• Like 1

Sunday night again 

Been house renovating, not as muchsatisfaction as truck repairs 

Anyway, hanging weather boards and pulled a window out to refit and refitted it, progress is progress, this Leichardt timber I got from a hall I demolished years ago is as hard as all get out 

Anyway, boards are up as far as I can go as I have run out 

image000003.jpg

image000005.jpg

Princess woke me at midnight on Thursday night and said I needed to run her to hospital, her ticker isnt ticking properly of late for some unknown reason, I  dont bound out of bed at midnight anygood these days I have noticed 

Anyway the chucked her out of hospital on Friday morning

I suggested that sleeping beside a stud like me might make her heart skip a beat, apparently my suggestion wasn't needed lol

20230723-144537-1.jpg

Saw this parked nearby today, the old SAR Kenworths have got thin on the ground very quick, I do have a bit of a horn for them these days, it appears every other joker does as well 

SAR is "Short Australian Right hand drive"

This would of been a rare as rocking horse crap with the 10 stud wheels in Australia, I'm guessing they got added later

Spiders were the go well into the 2000's and sory of faded out over night except for die hard fruit loops like me 

Reckon I can see the remains of a Cat badge and some Cat yellow hanging down

These SAR Kenworths were everywhere once 

My deal in NewMexico went a miss, by the time I got papers sorted and importer lined up, old mate had sold it which is fine

He'll keep a look out for other things of interest, problem is my interests are pretty strange lol, no big long chassis trucks with Texas bumper dragging on the ground, they do nothing for me 

Anyway I hope everyone had a great weekend

Paul

Speaking of cool dog's 

Saw this picutre of a little R model with a 237 dragging of all things a G88 Volvo up a hill, both fully loaded

So around 80 tons or about 170,000 -180,000 pounds

Little dog, big heart 

NewZealand South Island on the West Coast I think

Definitely NewZealand 

FB_IMG_1690512636567.jpg.925da29c052075f9563072d632423f77.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone 

Little dog gettin it done, kinda brings a very proud tear to ones eye, hang in there little mate

Seeyah

Paul 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Zina has today off and I'll use some of the PTO that I've built up to go to Lynchburg to look at pickups today. As much as I hate to, because it's such a great car, I'm going to sell my 2016 Impala and we're going to trade her Honda in. It's a 2022 with only 28,000 miles on it. Figured we might get the best deal on it at the Honda place, and they have several used 4 door pickups. A couple of Dodges, an F150, and a couple of Colorados. I really like the Silverado 1500s myself, but if the Colorado has a big enough back seat it might be OK. Anybody have any thoughts, suggestions?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Well, we drove this truck home. Neither of us had ever spent that much for a vehicle before, but it has a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty plus the lifetime engine and transmission warranty.

And it's a really nice truck too, might as well say new, a 2022 with only 14,000 miles on it.

PXL_20230728_152448364.thumb.jpg.8a511523907e59f1e2e27b22d75fea5f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.