Happy Friday fellas

mowerman

excellant thanks for that best of luck to the princess,,and tim and new addition...  your area sounds alot like mine,,,,,its alway too something of too nothing,around here.....summer at last,,,,is this really your winter?????bob

Oooooooooooo forget to mention after we put up with months of shit weather summer finally here now California’s fire season starts and fills the area with smoke for months that’s not all,,, best part alotta times our idiot officials have the audacity gaul to tell us no charcoal fires that’s not going to happen you could come and get me!!!!!! Bob

Yes Bob, southern hemisphere the seasons are the complete opposite to the northern

Some do gooder types are trying to ban wood fires in Australia, I dunno, I thought that was one of mans greatest inventions, learning how to make fire 

Next the same do gooders will be trying to ban the wheel

Paul

• Like 1

Guess I'll load the push mower in the pickup and ride to Gladys and cut the grass. We had a lot of rain in the last couple of weeks and I haven't cut the grass since the last time. We still have stuff to move too so I'll be loaded both ways.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

It finally quit raining here a few days ago we had the same deal for quite a while now I’ve gotten more weed to try to get rid of. There’s so many of them I had to do a little section at a time and yes my pork ribs came out excellent… boat looks like fun too bad about the lousy weather… Bob 

7 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

Nice lookin garden! Tractor parade sounds fun too, would love to drive my Farmall cub in one someday. 

Just starting to get green beans from our garden, only have got one tomato so far but many more are on their way. Peppers are coming on strong but the soil around here's make's them so terribly hot that you cannot do much with them. IMG_1511.thumb.jpg.fa5df9ecd66bc342f321851dc8899e44.jpg

IMG_1510.thumb.jpg.2d9ba4c53083947d6ab30283d9f6eaa9.jpg

The dog made a tunnel underneath the tomato plants and now all of our animals spend the whole day in there. 

Nice garden! I don't know what to do with so many peppers either. I'll make some hot sauce like always, but I still have hot sauce from last year. I have a bottle I haven't even mailed to Bob yet, and have a box of hot sauce we were going to take to Macungie but forgot. I'm not used to having the garden grow as good as it did here this year. 

I was happy to get a tomato the size of a tennis ball in Gladys, and I put fertilizer in the rows when I planted, sprayed Miracle Gro on everything, but it didn't make any difference.

This year I worked for a couple of days tilling and raking this spot over and over, and then just planting. Never put any fertilizer on anything but the peppers are huge and those tomatoes are almost softball size, and the vines are loaded. 

Maybe I should set up a roadside vegetable stand, about 4 or 5 vehicles pass by here every day.

• Like 1

Yep, that's a yellow tomato all right. I could have picked it yesterday, but it still has a little bit of green on it. I'll pick it this afternoon. Speaking of green, I picked the green beans yesterday, but I cooked them already. We had them and some squash with the ribs I smoked. Anybody want some squash or zucchini? We've got plenty 😁

PXL_20230705_114253566.thumb.jpg.952999c08fc7bcedd8d5c1ef17ef312f.jpgPXL_20230705_114345661.thumb.jpg.1b1ea27799a35907412074d054156c8a.jpg

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

I wish I was closer. I would run over there and grab all of it.

I like fried squash and onions, add some potatoes in with it and it's even better. That's about the only way I've ever had squash, but Zina makes a squash casserole that is absolutely delicious. It's got onions in it too, and I think she mentioned Bisquick, but I couldn't tell you what else. 

I was watching that yellow tomato that's almost ripe and never even noticed this red one-

PXL_20230705_175656653.thumb.jpg.947b292fe7729f549ff2f2a27ccf1dd5.jpg

These peppers will eventually turn red too, I've only picked a couple of them so far.

PXL_20230705_175618005.thumb.jpg.08e87777f5ddee50aabdb61dba53e255.jpg

• Like 1