Happy Friday fellas

mowerman

Well I guess if you was using Red power things might be a little different 

No matter, think about the positives, you have another front to put on, thats gotta be a bonus

Well drank to much Saturday night and cold as all get out this morning, 1°C 

Yeah cold for me, a cracker of a day though once the head caught up with the body

3.30 pm and can feel the cool night air rolling in

Good news is the last few weeks have been busy taking the Princess off to the doc's and so far they can find the problem with her some time speedy ticker

So that's good news as they were thinking stents or bypass...

Some I'm happy beavering away on the ensuite of the new digs

Looking like a open air job

20230716-154345.jpg

Opened up theold verandah and with the help of a couple of mates got the extra heavy hardwood lintle in the big open side now 

1689486590627-20230716-154409.jpg

Paul

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 8:21 AM, Joey Mack said:

I have to do the same thing..  but I will alternate it with dips in the pool, at the Redneck Riviera...   :) 

95 degrees today

This heat's been something else! Went to Gladys yesterday and burned some trash and Zina's old desk while I was there and thought I would melt. When I go to the garden here I can only pick a few green beans and have to come inside to cool off. Then I go pick more. They're hard for me to pick because when I bend over for very long my back hurts. And I can't squat down to pick them like you normally would, because that makes my knees hurt. We have so many we've frozen a lot, cooked a lot, and given a lot away, but I'm not complaining about that!

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

1 hour ago, tjc transport said:

1C ain't that bad Paul, that is about when i start puttin a long sleeve shirt on. 

Yep, Im a big sook and realize that what we call cold here is nothing compared to lots of the world 

But it's still cold for me 😃😆

Paul 

1 hour ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Yep, Im a big sook and realize that what we call cold here is nothing compared to lots of the world 

But it's still cold for me 😃😆

Paul 

Bring that heat baby anything under 70 I am complaining about weather sucks .. Bob

12 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

Been a rough weekend for me so far. Header auger I welded up broke completely through making the whole header useless. Have to switch to the draper header now which doesn't do very good in this short wheat. This years got to be the harvest that never ends plus now I'm sick so nothing got done today. 

Hope everyone else has a great weekend 

IMG_1546.thumb.jpg.9e60c6a308484a88697aee9620a87e9b.jpg

Hope you feel better bud aren’t you able to rap some flat stock around that tear and weld around it?????

In my downtime I run a red machine for a guy, 1688 Case and it's not doing so good through this stuff either. Not a good year for wheat anyway you look at it but milo should be better.

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

Yes, the same thing here I don’t complain. I hate cold air and I hate snow…. Bob 

Can't agree with you more on that! I can take the heat but not the cold

Also there's not much you can do to fix a tear in the auger like that. Hard to get something that's 30ft wide to run straight again, especially with a only a stick welder and some blocks of wood. John Deere cheeped out on them 

• Like 1

Timothy Maikshilo that used to be on here quite a bit was a Johne Deere man, I would always (still do) give him heaps  about this green tractor stuff

And he would give me heaps about the red power I fond of

Funny thing is, the Chamberlain tractors I like were John Deere powered and John Deere owned the controling share of Chamberlain 

It doesn't matter what brand it is, if it is worked it will eventually fail

Paul

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

In my downtime I run a red machine for a guy, 1688 Case and it's not doing so good through this stuff either. Not a good year for wheat anyway you look at it but milo should be better.

Can't agree with you more on that! I can take the heat but not the cold

Also there's not much you can do to fix a tear in the auger like that. Hard to get something that's 30ft wide to run straight again, especially with a only a stick welder and some blocks of wood. John Deere cheeped out on them 

Yeah man you get too overheated just walk into the house for a couple of minutes but when your freezing to death  takes forever to warm up if at all .. too bad about the auger, that looks really expensive to replace…/ bob

3 hours ago, mowerman said:

Yeah man you get too overheated just walk into the house for a couple of minutes but when your freezing to death  takes forever to warm up if at all .. too bad about the auger, that looks really expensive to replace…/ bob

Most of the time its cheeper to just find another cheap used header. We swapped augers one time in the field and that was tough. 

You have to do all of the mechanicing when you're a small farm in years like this or you won't make it. We buy junk headers and combines just for parts since John Deere's pretty useless for parts anymore. Dad and I have estimated we've put $20,000 in worth of our labor into this machine last couple of years. Who could afford to bring anything into the dealers anymore? 

yep..  I just bought a metal car port..  $2100.00,,  12 years ago it was $700.00....  I also have 4 cubic yards of concrete coming today..  It will be just under $1000.00........  6 years ago I paid $1800.00 for 12 yards..  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mowerman said:

I just went to buy deodorant last week everything is. Over 9 bucks seriously???? What is this?????? 

it is called "bidenomics" 
everything is 4 times more expensive than it was 3 1/2 years ago due to "team stupid"

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I generally don’t pay too much attention to prices Here recently I’ve been searching for an engine crane for my shop for one thing I need it for that steering box I was going to wrestle it out of there with a buddy of mine that I notice it’s 110 pounds I said, never mind but anyway, same engine Crain harbor freight used to be 179 now it’s 269  I thought it was the after Covid thing everything is back ordered and then when it finally arrives, it’s a fortune

I bought the 2 cyl. Gas powered air compressor at Harbor Freight, 7 years ago for $1,200.00--- this year it is $1,800.00 before taxes..

I haven’t really bought anything in a long time to notice. Price increases except for gasoline and a weekly grocery list. Just a couple of months ago. I heard about an egg outfit. Not sure where or who somebody caught them lying.  about egg shortage just to raise their prices somebody investigated and said they did not have any egg shortage at all? I wonder how many others are pulling the same thing not sure if you heard about it. It was on the news 23 months ago.

2 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I bought the 2 cyl. Gas powered air compressor at Harbor Freight, 7 years ago for $1,200.00--- this year it is $1,800.00 before taxes..

There you go perfect example Joey I don’t know how they think the public could keep up ?????? Nor do they seem to give a damn 

J.I.T, just in time is the way things have gone

Think about it, no need to offer crazy deals, just make us waita bit and we are happy to pay extra

New Ford Ranger is a 6 month wait, Ford Everast is 12 months

Waiting lists werent this long after WW2 when we had rationing

They blame covid still but I think it is price fixing

Paul 

• Like 2