Happy Friday fellas

mowerman

A Nissan what ?

Work ute is a Nissan Navara, looks very similar, goes okay but has coil sprung back end so it is perfect for most things except it rides a little different with a ton in the back than leaf spring back end, but honestly how many times do we ever do that

Doesn't do a bad job though, hope it all works out okay for you as Im sure it will

Paul 

On 7/17/2023 at 6:11 AM, mowerman said:

Yes, true story everything is really expensive these days. It doesn’t matter what it is. Got to save a buck wherever you can good luck bud

went to a hobby shop yesterday (1hr drive). walked into be met with attitude and ignorance from workers. talk about price increase !! a plastic model which used to be $11.25 (few yrs back I know); was $86.49. quality very poor.  I bought 3 different ones  $49.95 and $59.99  plus one more. out the door with 3 plastic models $186.35. needed not 3 models but the different parts they had. fuel tanks etc. no one does resin parts for big rigs anymore (around here)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

A Nissan what ?

Work ute is a Nissan Navara, looks very similar, goes okay but has coil sprung back end so it is perfect for most things except it rides a little different with a ton in the back than leaf spring back end, but honestly how many times do we ever do that

Doesn't do a bad job though, hope it all works out okay for you as Im sure it will

Paul 

https://www.lynchburgnissan.com/used/Nissan/2022-Nissan-Titan-a06b4ec10a0e0a927d03a25c21e17781.htm

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Tom and Zina,

Looks like you got a great deal!! Maybe a few too many electrical gadgets!!!! In 2014 When I bought Ram 3500 I was able to pay for it by combining both our 401 required distributions and paid it off direct deposit.

My daughter in Cheshire Conn had her VW SUV stolen right out of the attached garage, at 10 AM in the morning, because the keys laying on the kitchen counter were close enough to the sensor so the kids could start it and drive away.. All of it caught on video security camera.. Cops found it and another stolen car, that was in the driveway video, about 25-30 miles away.. Interiors trashed, radio stolen, overhead console tore up, and other misc stuff.

Told son in law to put a manual cutout switch in either the starter solenoid circuit or the electric fuel pump circuit and hide the switch under the dash where it is convenient to operate..

Edited by Brocky
  • Like 1

Brocky

43 minutes ago, Brocky said:

Tom and Zina,

Looks like you got a great deal!! Maybe a few too many electrical gadgets!!!! In 2014 When I bought Ram 3500 I was able to pay for it by combining both our 401 required distributions and paid it off direct deposit.

My daughter in Cheshire Conn had her VW SUV stolen right out of the attached garage, at 10 AM in the morning, because the keys laying on the kitchen counter were close enough to the sensor so the kids could start it and drive away.. All of it caught on video security camera.. Cops found it and another stolen car, that was in the driveway video, about 25-30 miles away.. Interiors trashed, radio stolen, overhead console tore up, and other misc stuff.

Told son in law to put a manual cutout switch in either the starter solenoid circuit or the electric fuel pump circuit and hide the switch under the dash where it is convenient to operate..

Yeah, I don't even know what it's got or how to work anything. I'll read the manual a bit and see what I can learn. The owners manual has never even been opened, still wrapped in plastic. The one that came with Zina's Honda was over 600 pages!

I asked the salesman why it was even traded in the first place with so few miles, and he said the guy got a new one every year.

I think the new Nissan pickups look great! Heck of a lot better than the previous body style that they kept forever. Not much of a new pickup fan but looks like a good deal. 

Hey Paul can you still get a new Toyota pickup with a V8 diesel and 5 speed manual down in Australia? I don't remember what they call them down there, but I would buy one if they ever came to the states! Hard to get any sort of farm pickup here now. 

• Like 1

Bob the Landcruiser V8 is still available 

A long wait if you want one, they sell them quicker than they can get them here

Landcruisers have been that way in Australia pretty much since they came here in the mid 60's

Tougher than a F100 or equivalent and are used the country over

I think Landcruisers are what everything else is measured against

Paul

• Like 1

I might not get to drive it myself anymore, I'll just have to drive the old F150 with the new starter. I drove it for a test drive, Zina didn't want to because it's so big. The hood did look longer than a Kenworth hood, even to me. Way bigger looking than her Honda CR-V. So I left the lot driving it home, but I pulled over on 460 at Moore's Country Store and asked her if she wanted to drive the rest of the way, 460 is 4 lane, open highway, and she said yes. 

Then we found a $3,000 mistake they had made and we went right back to Lynchburg to get that straight, $3,000 is $3,000, and she drove it up there and back.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 1:21 PM, mechohaulic said:

went to a hobby shop yesterday (1hr drive). walked into be met with attitude and ignorance from workers. talk about price increase !! a plastic model which used to be $11.25 (few yrs back I know); was $86.49. quality very poor.  I bought 3 different ones  $49.95 and $59.99  plus one more. out the door with 3 plastic models $186.35. needed not 3 models but the different parts they had. fuel tanks etc. no one does resin parts for big rigs anymore (around here)

With the attitude and the drive? I would’ve told them to stuff it. Next up Internet God love you for your patience.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HarryS said:

How about the '64 Galaxie EV powered by Tesla.

EVBG2392-GALX-Lead-615x421.webp

https://www.motortopia.com/galax-e/

Well, thanks for the offer. I was hoping for the  traditional model ha ha. probably never own now  too expensive to buy.now can pretty much buy a brand new  car for what they want for them 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am Tom congratulations on the move up another thing about the new Broncos were wondering why there’s so many of them being turned in with low mileage and where the prices are so high on secondhand????????? Bob 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

I am Tom congratulations on the move up another thing about the new Broncos were wondering why there’s so many of them being turned in with low mileage and where the prices are so high on secondhand????????? Bob 

Thanks Bob. I decided to keep my car. I washed it and blackened the tires and said "that's a damn good looking car. I really like that car. I should keep that car". And it makes way more sense than keeping the Ford, when we got finished moving we won't need it anymore because we have a new truck. But it'll be good to have a nice car too, for just running around town. Like I've said, I'd get in it right now and take off to anywhere with confidence.

I know I'll never get near as much for the Ford as I've put in it, but there's no sense in keeping it really. That 300 runs really good too, smooth as a clock.

PXL_20230728_193630029.thumb.jpg.8d99e8b826abbdb0f9474d44836a8688.jpg

11 hours ago, other dog said:

Thanks Bob. I decided to keep my car. I washed it and blackened the tires and said "that's a damn good looking car. I really like that car. I should keep that car". And it makes way more sense than keeping the Ford, when we got finished moving we won't need it anymore because we have a new truck. But it'll be good to have a nice car too, for just running around town. Like I've said, I'd get in it right now and take off to anywhere with confidence.

I know I'll never get near as much for the Ford as I've put in it, but there's no sense in keeping it really. That 300 runs really good too, smooth as a clock.

PXL_20230728_193630029.thumb.jpg.8d99e8b826abbdb0f9474d44836a8688.jpg

You would be surprised bud with the prices these days. Good luck hell I forgot all about that Chevy. Lol