Mack RS700L from 'Fleisch' scale model

model truck building for over 60 + yrs;; no words . beyond nice , beautiful . A  Mack - RS700L besides. where did you get the cab, etc parts?? I have a couple of R700  hoods in stock from A I M -- Jim Etter (has since passed away) from the '70's.  Thanks For the pictures.

13 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

model truck building for over 60 + yrs;; no words . beyond nice , beautiful . A  Mack - RS700L besides. where did you get the cab, etc parts?? I have a couple of R700  hoods in stock from A I M -- Jim Etter (has since passed away) from the '70's.  Thanks For the pictures.

Since AITM is gone, I doubt I'll ever be able to get anything like they produced ever again.  They had some awesome bits and pieces.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

the AITM casting were much easier to work with then original resin castings from A I M (Jim Etter from PA ). I wasn't aware of Dave 's passing  (AITM) till after there was an auction of his stuff.  there is a site  believe it's Big truck model builders ; I've never logged in to it. they might have knowledge of resin casting. think I bought last two B-73/75 L cab casting from Dave =AITM.

3 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

the AITM casting were much easier to work with then original resin castings from A I M (Jim Etter from PA ). I wasn't aware of Dave 's passing  (AITM) till after there was an auction of his stuff.  there is a site  believe it's Big truck model builders ; I've never logged in to it. they might have knowledge of resin casting. think I bought last two B-73/75 L cab casting from Dave =AITM.

Yeah, it was sad that Dave left us.  I used some of his parts from time to time, and had plans to do a lot more with them.  He was always very helpful and knowledgeable.  I doubt we'll ever have another outfit quite like either of those again.

• Sad 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Thank you for the comments. I usually build in 1:25 but occasionally 1:24. I think the Australian resin is from a company called Auslowe. I've never used any but it looks really good. I think he only does Australian Macks but you can get complete kits for the Superliner and maybe others as well. The Superliner kits are incredible, lots of detail and spot on in terms of accuracy as far as I can see.

Mine is mostly scratch but with drivetrain and a number of other bits from AMT kits. The hood is a vac form and the cab is scratch with AMT firewall dash and seats.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Im pretty sure this fella hand makes these kits at home as a hobby, makes other brands of gear as well

The way I got to know him was he contacted me when he saw the videos of me collecting my cattle trailer in Queensland, his father towed my trailer when it was new 

Anyway long story short he is also making cattle trailers or in the process of making them like mine

I have provided 100's if not thousands of detailed measurements and and photos 

I'll ask if anyone is interested if he is in anyway related to the Auslowe models 

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm surprised you don't see more people making 3D printed model parts. I saw a guy featured on a farming show that makes incredible scale model farms and tractors and that's what he does, makes anything he can't find with his 3D printer.

And the detail you can get with them is incredible.

I bought a few items for the scratch built 60-70 ton beam trailer that were 3-D printed; on a PERSONAL OPINION ONLY I'm not impressed with 3-D. guess I'm tooo old = used to old school in all facet of mechanics whether real or 1/25 th scale. detail is excellent  3d . the make up of "stringers" challenges.