Macungie

I understand there's a pretty big truck show coming up in Macungie, Pa. very soon. In fact, it's been called "the greatest truck show on earth" (Doug Maney, 1986).

Just wondering if anybody was planning to go ?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I was planning to attend with my B model last year, the year before had a great time but I was recuperating and this year I am getting my left eye operated on the Wednesday before so I shall miss it again. Hoping for Gerhart's show I usually attend that one.

Things ain't looking good for that trip (900 miles round trip). Seems like everything around here is falling apart. Wonder Woman is having some doctoring problems. I have been pulling old concrete from in front of shop, started forming today. Tomorrow is choke a doctor day so not much progress on concrete. Next week is clear plugged up with "got to do" crap! So feel free with plenty of pictures from the show! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Draggin Wagon said:

Things ain't looking good for that trip (900 miles round trip). Seems like everything around here is falling apart. Wonder Woman is having some doctoring problems. I have been pulling old concrete from in front of shop, started forming today. Tomorrow is choke a doctor day so not much progress on concrete. Next week is clear plugged up with "got to do" crap! So feel free with plenty of pictures from the show! 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28526133@N04/albums

Don't worry. Hope Wonder Woman is doing fine, maybe we'll see y'all in Winchester.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 4:25 AM, jettertrucks said:

we will be there taking the b model last time it was at a show or out of the shop was in 2013 at macungie 

003.JPG

I’m sure you seen it. I posted it before. I also had a cruise liner 82 looked a lot like yours. That was my favorite work truck frame wasn’t that long.. Bob

On 6/8/2023 at 6:13 PM, 70mackMB said:

l know it's at noon but, what day is the BMT group picture at Watt's tent? (Asking for myself this time! lol) Thanks.    .....Hippy

Saturday. 

Oh, wait I never heard of Macungie. But if I had, the BMT picture is at the Watts tent on Saturday at high noon. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

why is it when logging on to the forum , the Macungie dates are showing 15th --17th; then change to 16th---18th?? ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE FOR EAST COAST/ NEW ENGLAND TRAVELLERS== the I -95  south bound bridge in PA is gone . heavy  delays . seek alternate route !! 84-684-287  possible .. due to a couple physical set-backs looks like the trip is out for me = 

Well rain has killed concrete pour for this week. I got fertilizer hauling caught up today. Wonder Woman has doctor appointment tomorrow 75 miles away (thyroid numbers out of kilter). There is good chance Thursday morning I might just check oil in Wide Body Draggin Wagon and head out of here. Hope to see all you characters!!!

• Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 12:19 PM, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Saturday. 

Oh, wait I never heard of Macungie. But if I had, the BMT picture is at the Watts tent on Saturday at high noon. 

What if it's raining at high noon, do you have an umbrella I can borrow?

• Like 1

sounds like rain may mess things up at macungie .  got an injection in one hip on monday almost looked promising to be able to do some walking around Pa. squashed that idea on tuesday after taking heck of  a shiter while weed trimming  high grass on rock pile in yard. dumb Polack !!LOL

On 6/13/2023 at 2:49 PM, mechohaulic said:

why is it when logging on to the forum , the Macungie dates are showing 15th --17th; then change to 16th---18th?? ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE FOR EAST COAST/ NEW ENGLAND TRAVELLERS== the I -95  south bound bridge in PA is gone . heavy  delays . seek alternate route !! 84-684-287  possible .. due to a couple physical set-backs looks like the trip is out for me = 

The bridge you speak of is located in Philadelphia. So if you have to detour while enroute to Macungie because of that bridge, you REALLY went way, way out of your way. The efficient routes into Macungie won't even be affected by detoured traffic, it's a long way away. 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS