Father Brag Moment

1958 F.W.D.

Good Job, Mate..

Our Kids are the only true Legacy We leave behind, Everything Else is Just  Possessions..

Just My 2 Cents Worth.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

It's funny that back when I was in school people had the misconception about Vocational Schools. They thought it was for kids that couldn't handle regular Highschool. My Brother who is 3 yrs older than me thought the same thing. Then he saw the jobs and money I made after graduating from Vocational School. Yeah his Preception changed real quick. 17yrs later and I'm still doing what I studied for in Vocational School.

I have no idea what vocational schools are, I  gather they are like our Tafe (Technical and further education?) schools in Australia 

Were you go to learn more practical stuff than academic stuff

Anyway glad the they are doing well at what ever their chosen path is

The personal drive and self reliance we have I'm not sure if it comes naturally or is taught or instilled in us as young people, no matter, it does take us a long way in life and it sounds like the kids have it 

Well done and enjoy the proud moments as to me it makes it all worthwhile watching or kids develop in to useful members of society 

Paul

Paul, here a vocational school" is high school where you do half day regular school classes, and the other half day trade classes.

some also let you skip trade classes senior year and instead go to work in a shop of your trade.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

In my "youth"-ugh 60 years ago😟- VoTech schools were pretty much trade high schools-they taught the basic trade specialties- automotive, electrical etc.  Today it seems they no longer just focus on a trade as a final objective but give the kids a pathway if they want to go on to a two or  four year degree program.

In any case, I think more and more there is an awareness that a technical/trade education is a far more useful way for kids to spend their time than going to school and pursuing some 'liberal arts"  education.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

It's not only a story you should tell and  be  extremely proud ;also interesting the way you distinguish  between your children . large/medium/ small/extra small.

LOL Someone on here started that years ago before Extra Small was even born, they couldn't keep their names straight so L/M/S and then ES came about!!!!!

• Haha 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

On 4/22/2023 at 2:12 PM, mrsmackpaul said:

I have no idea what vocational schools are, I  gather they are like our Tafe (Technical and further education?) schools in Australia 

Were you go to learn more practical stuff than academic stuff

That's what it is Paul. Regular school in the morning and trade school (or in his case, his co-op job) in the afternoons. 

Home | Bethlehem AVTS

On 4/22/2023 at 3:32 PM, tjc transport said:

Paul, here a vocational school" is high school where you do half day regular school classes, and the other half day trade classes.

some also let you skip trade classes senior year and instead go to work in a shop of your trade.

Yep that's the Co-Op jobs I mentioned. Except in both of their cases, they started the co-op job their Junior years. 

Yup yup Paul at The Vocational school I went to here in Ohio Apollo Career Center It was my Junior and Senior years of Highschool. We had our regular classes and our Vocational labs. I took Construction Equipment Technology and did my CDL as an Independent Study my Senior year at the age of 18. We had a daycab Ford L8000 and step deck Equipment trailer with ramps. Yes Apollo has a truck driving school but I couldn't see spending 4-6grand after graduating when I had the opportunity while in school and it only cost me 98 bucks for the test and 14 bucks for a drug test kit so I could use the truck and trailer. Also I had to set up the driving course everyday out back of our lab building to practice maneuverability parts of the test etc. Looking back I'm so glad i did it. 

• Like 2

i have an associates degree in electronic  design and repair. 

all i had to do was one semester in collage for the degree as i had enough credits earned in the votech high school.

and that one semester was enough for me. .

i lasted three weeks in my field before i realized it was not for me after a dimwhit took the out of service sign off a zerox machine i was in repairing and turned it on...

but it did give me an excellent understanding of automotive electrical systems which has paid off well over the years.  

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

On 4/23/2023 at 10:20 PM, 1958 F.W.D. said:

LOL Someone on here started that years ago before Extra Small was even born, they couldn't keep their names straight so L/M/S and then ES came about!!!!!

Yes, and every time you went to that  Disney place in Florida- well, never mind, that's not my story to tell...

• Haha 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 4/25/2023 at 9:16 AM, other dog said:

Yes, and every time you went to that  Disney place in Florida- well, never mind, that's not my story to tell...

I heard that Miss Zina used to be from Florida but now from Virginia wants to take you to Disney...........

49 minutes ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

I heard that Miss Zina used to be from Florida but now from Virginia wants to take you to Disney...........

As a tourist or one of the figure employees?????? As Buck Owens sang "Just Act Naturally"!!!!

Edited by Brocky
  • Haha 1

Brocky

She did say that- she used to anyway, but I told her that I hadn't lost a thing there, they couldn't pay me to go to that over priced tourist trap. Good place to take the chern and let them experience it I guess, but there's nothing there I'd wait in line for and pay out the ass to see.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.