1971 Mack R model, six wheeler

Paul S

What are the specs on it? If my math is correct its a 1972? Looks like it may have been a road tractor first in life. Really short WB. I love the weed burner exhaust. 

Edit: I see the title says 1971. I clearly can't read titles.

Edited by 67RModel

22 hours ago, MACKS said:

Beautiful,I’m thinking 237 with a 5 or 6 speed..

can't tell by the pictures if that's a silver or gold dog on hood and doors.  front headlight insert has cut out for block heater. all in due time. hopefully we will see the specs. model/ serial #

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 2/22/2023 at 5:36 PM, MACKS said:

Beautiful,I’m thinking 237 with a 5 or 6 speed..

Yes a 237 with a 1076 transmission.  Sorry for the long delay. My wife was very sick for a long while.  Thankfully she's on her way to recovery. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2023 at 3:05 PM, 67RModel said:

What are the specs on it? If my math is correct its a 1972? Looks like it may have been a road tractor first in life. Really short WB. I love the weed burner exhaust. 

Edit: I see the title says 1971. I clearly can't read titles.

Yep, this Baby has been rolling the coal long before electronics ! Yes,  it was a tractor for a very short time, nice eye!

On 6/9/2023 at 7:19 AM, mowerman said:

Also, I don’t remember your truck being so clean sucker looks brand new. Doesn’t even look like it needs anything… Bob

Thank you! All it needs Bob is 4 cans of Maxidyne gold so I can repaint the engine. Any help finding that would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 3:49 PM, mechohaulic said:

can't tell by the pictures if that's a silver or gold dog on hood and doors.  front headlight insert has cut out for block heater. all in due time. hopefully we will see the specs. model/ serial #

Yes a 237 with a 1076 tyranny. Chrome dog on the hood.  I took The original dog from the hood,  and made it into the shifter handle. The block heater is actually located on the driver's side.  I just haven't gotten around to replacing the headlight  insert with a solid panel.