Fuel tanks not balancing

If there is no crossover line, than how does fuel get drawn from both tanks?

If there is no crossover, than duel will only be drawn from one tank like he is experiencing.

Unless there is a tank selector switch.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Yes to the valve under the cab.  The hard plastic lines can develope an air leak. The crimp can loosen.. also, check the tank vent tubes and clean fuel caps if they are vented.. The dual suck dual return set up is crap.. I think freightliner had a better setup and they had shut off valves..  jojo

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

The dual suck dual return set up is crap..

^^^ Spot on Joey, I 've had a lot of Trouble with them..

Our roads have a very high Camber/Crown  & the return fuel take the path of least resistance & all the return fuel ends up in the curb side Tank. Because fuel is drawn from both tanks but only returned to one..

I remove the return line to the curb side tank, & problem solved.. 

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

2 hours ago, Hayseed said:

^^^ Spot on Joey, I 've had a lot of Trouble with them..

Our roads have a very high Camber/Crown  & the return fuel take the path of least resistance & all the return fuel ends up in the curb side Tank. Because fuel is drawn from both tanks but only returned to one..

I remove the return line to the curb side tank, & problem solved.. 

Yup pain in the ass big time also check the vent filter on the tank! 

• Like 2

Ok thanks so where is this diverted valve located under the truck do you have any pictures of it? Is it an expensive part? Both fuel tank vents are brand new I have non vented caps should would vented fuel caps make any improvement? Today I put 269 litres of fuel in the passages side tank and 200 in the drivers side so I guess the diverted is working abit?

it's too bad fuel tanks dont have side plugs in them anymore...  I would rather have a cross over..  I think the key is tightly crimped fuel lines at the valve that they pull through...  I forgot the name of it..  :) 

11 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

it's too bad fuel tanks dont have side plugs in them anymore...  I would rather have a cross over..  I think the key is tightly crimped fuel lines at the valve that they pull through...  I forgot the name of it..  :) 

Ya Joe That baffles me what goes thou the minds of these design guys there is no thought put into having to service any thing on these new rigs!! Everything has to be done the hard way can't put to use Gravity unless you use you Mexican credit card Or a spike! 😡 one good thing thou you don't have to replace the electric primer pump on the truck it don't got one! 😁

• Like 1

The return flow splitter was to eliminate the crossover line between the fuel tanks in over the road vehicles. It is intended to equally divide the returned fuel from the engine into two streams. One of which would be routed to each fuel tank The object of dividing the returning fuel is to maintain equal fuel levels in both fuel tanks.

1 hour ago, Onyx610 said:

The return flow splitter was to eliminate the crossover line between the fuel tanks in over the road vehicles. It is intended to equally divide the returned fuel from the engine into two streams. One of which would be routed to each fuel tank The object of dividing the returning fuel is to maintain equal fuel levels in both fuel tanks.

I also believe that they moved the fuel pickup and return to the mid tank location for that reason also! When this setup came out on the top mounted in and out there was a lot of grief with it!

just my opinion 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 7:50 PM, Onyx610 said:

Yup, but either you get over it or buy something older. Can’t stop progress…

we would all be happier with driving steel dash R models ,,,but were all stuck in slope nose plastic junk that wont stay running...bob

• Like 1