Where is it ?

Go to solution Solved by Keith S,

• Solution

I moved the shop and then got sidetracked on the eMack.

And then the owner of a 1976 Alfa Romeo Spider wanted his car restored and converted to electric - rust had taken its toll and if his mother wasn't the original owner the car would not have been worth it. 

Not sure what my last post here was, but here's a flickr photo link to my various project - including the eMack. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/emack/albums

I've also attached a couple videos.

• Like 2

Definitely very clever, set up on both vehicles and ingenious engineering hats off to him, but it takes all the , charm and romance out of both vehicles, without the roar of the 427 and the Mack engine most of us love the sound of but on the other hand, he has the power to tell fuel companies to stuff it.. lol.. Bob

Im not gunna knock you for having a go at this build Keith, I think its a great idea

Charm and romance Bob is in the eye of the beholder

Keith youve done a great job, wondering why you mucked about with the hand brake when it would be easy to fit maxi cans to the back axle, not only easier but far more reliable and better holding power 

When I was looking thru your pictures of the back axle and oil seal the bit you thought was part of the oil seal is called a grit guard, it is a option on the Mack axles

We use them in harsh conditions in Australia if we still run the original style seal, most people dont though and have changed to a different style of seal that the rubber grips the axle housing the rotating is done in the seal so axle never wears a groove 

http://www.newtruckspring.com/wholesale/mack-drive-axles-stemco-392-9094-grit-guard-wheel-seal/

Not to worry as your past that stage now

Dont be shy to share updates as I enjoy different things including this ype of stuff

I reckon most blokes on here would of changed to air ride back end when they had it as far apart as you did,  much smoother to ride in

Great build 

Paul 

1 hour ago, Keith S said:

The Mack was gasoline with a rod through the block. 

The Corvette was a '76, very undesirable.

image.jpeg.2558bf0df8230cfaf4b4ebb78d5bef68.jpeg

mehhhh.  that rod just wanted a breath of fresh air!!!  😁

• Haha 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Keith S

gudday m8

Thanx for the reply

I might have missed the info on your mack projectwithout being too nosey

What speed was the beast able to travel @ ?

How long duz a fully charged battery in miles take you ?

Has the truck appeared @ any truck shows ?

RE: 35690051201_09fd416b34_b.jpg

They normally slide in

the wacking with a B F Hammer or F B Hammer is from removing the axle

U give it a big hit in the middle and the axle rebounds and jumps out a bit

gr8 info Keith

Thanx in advance

cya

• Like 1

My shop is in Gainesville, FL. 

I didn't want to modify too much stuff before I knew how it was supposed to work. A lot of the big stuff was learning by doing. And finding parts - big parts. And the terminology - spider, S-cam, compressor governor, line dryer... 

Had to buy bigger tools too - 3/4" sockets and impact wrench, 3ft breaker bar... Prior to this, my biggest breaker bar was 1.5 ft. And, "is that a typo - torque to 450ft-lbs"!!! Why does anything need to be that tight?!? 😆

Posts from this group helped a lot.

On 1/9/2023 at 7:03 AM, Keith S said:

My shop is in Gainesville, FL. 

I didn't want to modify too much stuff before I knew how it was supposed to work. A lot of the big stuff was learning by doing. And finding parts - big parts. And the terminology - spider, S-cam, compressor governor, line dryer... 

Had to buy bigger tools too - 3/4" sockets and impact wrench, 3ft breaker bar... Prior to this, my biggest breaker bar was 1.5 ft. And, "is that a typo - torque to 450ft-lbs"!!! Why does anything need to be that tight?!? 😆

Posts from this group helped a lot.

Tell me about it...the u-bolts on my camelback rears torque to 1400 ft. lbs.!

• 6 months later...