Yellow Mack U model

Well I do believe Roadway had some U's that had 8V-71's  they had raised cabs and ugly front fenders  to accomodate the the V-8.   they did the same for those that put V-903's in them.   Only question I would have would be which major carrier in that era did NOT have a U or two😎

On a similar note I'm on 495 today and I pass a "YRC" Volvo.  On the cab door in small letters it makes reference to Yellow Freight.  Never see the "Big R" name anymore on anything or so it seems.

On 12/6/2022 at 5:01 PM, james j neiweem said:

While looking at the ATHS website under the Mack pictures section I saw something odd. It was a U model mack for yellow transportation. Must have been one of a kind.🙂

U models "back in the day" were common in new england for freight haulers. navajo /st,johnsbury had them. don't recall seeing wilson freight with them. there was a freighter with black cab/orange logo U's can't remember name. company in torrington ct area ran twin-screw  Yellow U's. hauled mostly lumber products. and many more. think that was the purpose behind the U's ; shorter cab length  

started looking up freight haulers from new england  days gone by. there are a couple of roadway U model pictures  and also a number of pics showing  the mack N cab . the freight hauler with black/ orange U models was AAA freight.  also found   ;smith transfer/ new penn/ holmes/ and nelson  . short list of many that were there in the good days.