Pulling injectors on a 673

Craig N
Go to solution Solved by theakerstwo,

6 hours ago, fjh said:

Till you got it pulled down you don't know till you have it pulled down! That said if you can find a good runner 237 It should fit in there! with the added bonus of spin on oil filters etc.! It is after all a toy!

I made this here 237 comment earlier with out thinking ! The steering box on the B model May interfere with the oil filters some one else here may have a comment or have done a transplant that may enlighten us! I have seen a 285 trans planted in a B but don't know how extensive the alterations were! Obviously lots knowing how a tip turbine was used! 

Well, I’ve let mystery oil sit in the cylinders (still only have the front head off) for about a week now and the oil has gone by the first two but still sitting on the #3 piston that looks like it got heated up. Will get the rear head off next week with any luck and do the same on those. The cylinder wall doesn’t look too bad either.   Might be able to make this one work with rings. 

That said, I’m going to look at a donor truck on Monday that’s local to me. Runs great supposedly. Has an air start and is an ENDT. Do the turbos make much difference in HP?  It’s a 10 wheel dump truck which gets used regularly for the guys stone wash plant.  Has a quad box too which I really want over the duplex.  Body is rough, but that’s fine since the body I have is nice. Gotta see how it is. It’s the right price too and I have a guy who will haul it locally. 

• Like 1

So, the two cylinders that let the oil by, they look real good. Top of piston too. Anyone think the rings are stuck in the piston grooves to have the oil leak by like that?  I’m probably gonna tear this whole motor down. May not get rebuilt, but we’ll see

Intercoolers make just as big of difference as power is how I should have worded it ; )

We used to run a 85 350 E6 mack with an intercooler right next to our 70 1693 Cat without an intercooler and man what a difference. Granted the 1693 is a glow plug engine but still you couldn't be behind that thing for a good 1/2 mile without getting choked out by the smoke. That Mack engine ran so much cleaner and the same if not more power than the old Clatterpiller.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 4:42 PM, Craig N said:

Thanks for all the help on here!!  I’ll keep updating as I make progress. Hopefully have some pics of a new to me truck tomorrow. I hope it’s what I’m looking for 

any positive updates ;; new donor or did time allow for removal of second head? be interesting to see how active the rodents were

1 hour ago, mechohaulic said:

any positive updates ;; new donor or did time allow for removal of second head? be interesting to see how active the rodents were

Hopefully have the donor truck Saturday. Really nice running ENDT 673. Air start, air assist steering. Runs and drives real nice. Duplex transmission. Dump body works well. Frame is nice. Stops really well. I might just put the nice body I have on this chassis. Not sure what I’m doing yet, but the price was right and it runs great. I have a video but not sure I can load it on here

60E1D993-6BEC-4190-A19D-396275F6F8A6.jpeg

• Like 2