1970 Brockway

h67st

sweet looking brockway. 

i ran one just like that back in the mid 80's as a lowboy tractor. 

only issue was the cab was rotted out and ready to fall off it, and it had tiny rears.

350 cummins and a 13 speed. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

• 2 weeks later...

There should be a serial number plate on the right 1/3 of the dash.. The first letter will identify the engine, the next 3 digits is the model number, the next 2 letters identifies purpose and drive axles, then the 5 digit serial number.. Email me thru here and I can send you Tom Millard's (Oldspwr) email address.

• Like 1

Brocky

I started looking things over to see if it will run and found the intake pipe missing a clamp, allowed rain water to go into the turbo. Fortunately the shaft still spins free, but I want to pull the housing off to see what is lurking inside. A great example of something simple like a clamp causing bigger problems. The engine tag says it's a 335.

160.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

It should run with out the turbo, block off the oil lines and it should run

It will be smokey umder load but should idle pretty much the same as if it was turbocharged, the motor wont be making any boost at idle and stuff all boost until it gets some revs and load 

Enjoyed the video

Paul

• 2 months later...

Got some bad news on the truck...I pulled it into the shop today to do some work on it, and I made the mistake of looking at the frame rails. I'll probably end up splicing in some new rear sections since the truck has already been stretched. I can't tear it down yet; we will be moving at some point because they are "industrializing" our area and we bought property a little farther out. We have to build a house and shop so that will take a while, I don't want to tear down the truck until we move.

157.JPG

now the big question and challenge :: what gets built first ==house or garage ??? understanding mate makes the decision  so much easier; not many of those around based on experience, LOL brockway always had a nice style truck (before the mack cab ) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bugger me, that's a bit of a issue

Is it double railed or jist fatigued 

A lot of people build a shed first in Australia and fit a couple of baus out like a house to live in while the house is built

They call these a shouse, half shed half house

But I  guess what ever you come up with will be fine

Paul

On 12/31/2023 at 10:22 PM, mrsmackpaul said:

Bugger me, that's a bit of a issue

Is it double railed or jist fatigued 

A lot of people build a shed first in Australia and fit a couple of baus out like a house to live in while the house is built

They call these a shouse, half shed half house

But I  guess what ever you come up with will be fine

Paul

The Hendrickson suspension has rails on the trunion, there's rust jacking between these and the frame.

We did that when we built this house, ended up living in the barn for 4 years!

A shouse sounds like slang for an outhouse.

On 12/31/2023 at 8:18 PM, h67st said:

Got some bad news on the truck...I pulled it into the shop today to do some work on it, and I made the mistake of looking at the frame rails. I'll probably end up splicing in some new rear sections since the truck has already been stretched. I can't tear it down yet; we will be moving at some point because they are "industrializing" our area and we bought property a little farther out. We have to build a house and shop so that will take a while, I don't want to tear down the truck until we move.

That frame failure is a hallmark of the Hendrickson RT walking beam suspension. For whatever reason the stresses that suspension puts on the frame rails cause the lower flange to separate from the web along the radius of the bend between the two suspension mounts. I have seen it on many Hendrickson RT trucks. In fact my 1974 White Road Boss has the same deal going on. 

• Sad 1