Sweet looking spokes..

And Joey as far as illegal goes I think it’s just California where are used to see a lot of chrome rims are around here all of a sudden they all disappeared and now that I think about it somebody told me California feels by Chroming the rim it weakens it that’s why they all disappeared around here because generally all 11 western states have to run through California oh and I might add they really don’t like anything over there ha ha trust me I know I run in California for 40 years .. bob

1 hour ago, MACKS said:

Yeah I guess there the wide rims for the big float tires like the ones in the picture Hayseed posted,and yeah I use rustolium mag wheel paint in the rattle cans,holds up great..

They're probably nine inch in the picture . Those tires don't look too big. I'd Imagine 9s can be found with an offset.  In 2022 ?  some of the paint from spray cans is really pretty good. Sorta moving away from the rattle can of 25 years ago.  

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

And Joey as far as illegal goes I think it’s just California where are used to see a lot of chrome rims are around here all of a sudden they all disappeared and now that I think about it somebody told me California feels by Chroming the rim it weakens it that’s why they all disappeared around here because generally all 11 western states have to run through California oh and I might add they really don’t like anything over there ha ha trust me I know I run in California for 40 years .. bob

Weakens it ????   (lol)   My money is on those men down under putting a truck through way more extreme conditions than anything on most of the roads in California could dish out, except maybe some logging roads.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mowerman said:

I think you fellas are not getting the fact that there tubeless rims now no more lock rings different design definitely real sharp but too much money….. paint is a lot cheaper ha ha.. Bob 

Every Truck pictured in this thread has Tubeless Rims..!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

1 hour ago, RFCDrum said:

Some guys that I used to know back here in North Jersey use to have their lock rings chromed and their center rear cones on 58 rears chromed back in the day when everybody ran big tube type rubber.

John Mauro RD.jpg

SWEET Looking unit!  RDSX?

Edited by fjh

She's all fully blinged up

The cone centers on my 58's are cromed and the caps on the trunions were chromed as well once

With the chrome nut covers on the spiders it used to look pretty flash.I thought, lame by todays ultra blinged up dumped on the ground huge bumper and sunvisor jobs of today 

I would like chrome rims and spacers but I dont think the Princess would let me have a bar of it 

Paul

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 4:46 PM, mowerman said:

I’m sure it was just an excuse but not sure as I said they really don’t like anything over there and frankly they don’t want trucks there at all but they don’t have a choice….. lol bob

Chrome plating can cause hydrogen embrittlement.  I believe there is another "baking" step that can be taken after plating which mitigates some of the effects.  But, it has to be done at a certain temp and within a certain timeframe after plating.  If plating is done and the baking process done correctly, there should be no problems.  But, if the baking process is skipped or done improperly, you get a brittle part.  That is probably why it is frowned upon in certain circles.

There is lots of information out there you can search on the matter.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

• 1 month later...

Almost missed that last post that’s very interesting since as I mentioned I don’t see any at all anymore around here and yes I do miss the days when most of the rigs looks like that gorgeous R model First Mack I ever drove looked like the traditional New England style spoke wheels square diamond plate fuel tanks ….excellent.. bob