Pictures of the Week

other dog

That old autocar with the built in bunk reminds me of mine that I ran up and down the eastern seaboard 262 with a 4x4 trans. Boy did I swelter down in Florida running the thing. But it is one of my all time favorite trucks other than my b model. I'm real happy to see that one in the picture. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brocky said:

I think(???) that Holtzman Gulf Oil tanker had a complete topic of its build on here about 2-3 years ago??? Maybe some one is better at searching than I am..

I thought the same thing this am, but did not have time to search for it.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

4 hours ago, High Binder said:

Love that floppy hat.  LOL

I wore a baseball cap the first day, then I switched to my "Gregg Hoffman hat" (Underdog) but I still ended up with a sunburn on my neck. I might have to bring my Florida hat to Macungie, that's a  little bigger and even more floppy.

I think I need a Sombrero. 

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Odog, you missed this one.  Wasn't talking about you.  I was talking about the floppy hat next to the "Superliner" in your pictures.  This retirement is causing you to lose your edge. LOL  I guess that black truck is a Superliner. Since no girl in car pics, i thought you were trying to sneak one in on us.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Brocky said:

I think(???) that Holtzman Gulf Oil tanker had a complete topic of its build on here about 2-3 years ago??? Maybe some one is better at searching than I am..

Willie Dog is the one who did the project for Holzman Oil. This is the truck from the E-Bay listing before he got it.

$_57.jpg

• Like 2

Well some wonderful photos of trucks there, I do like that blue Federal, well I like most of them really 

Whats the with all those wheel chocks, no body has hand brakes or maxi brakes in the U.S. or is it some over zealous safety rules ?

Paul

4 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Well some wonderful photos of trucks there, I do like that blue Federal, well I like most of them really 

Whats the with all those wheel chocks, no body has hand brakes or maxi brakes in the U.S. or is it some over zealous safety rules ?

Paul

Sometimes the ATHS has wheel chocks with branding in them from the event. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, High Binder said:

Odog, you missed this one.  Wasn't talking about you.  I was talking about the floppy hat next to the "Superliner" in your pictures.  This retirement is causing you to lose your edge. LOL  I guess that black truck is a Superliner. Since no girl in car pics, i thought you were trying to sneak one in on us.

Well, Zina from Gladys, formerly known as Zina from Florida, asked me if I had snuck in any pictures of wimmens. I  said "of course not (😁), but if one just happened to be in the picture I didn't crop them out either". So I'm always looking to find the "wimmens beside a truck" picture. Old habits die hard they say.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, davehummell said:

Anyone going to Macungie? Other Dog as always your photo's are very nice thank you.

Yep, we're planning on being in Macungie too. I might wear my BMT T shirt, and a floppy hat. Zina's sister, Vicki from Florida, is coming too. 

20 minutes ago, other dog said:

Well, Zina from Gladys, formerly known as Zina from Florida, asked me if I had snuck in any pictures of wimmens. I  said "of course not (😁), but if one just happened to be in the picture I didn't crop them out either". So I'm always looking to find the "wimmens beside a truck" picture. Old habits die hard they say.

He likes the Superliner.....he should pay more attention to the R Model 

12 minutes ago, Mark T said:

He likes the Superliner.....he should pay more attention to the R Model 

Yes!

They had a lot of golf carts there too, they were everywhere! 

Screenshot_20210607-174243_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fc792256ebfd3525365f1c468ae7462f.jpg

You could rent a golf cart, but even Tony Youngblood was complaining about how expensive they were- he said they were $150 a day, but I heard others say they were $100, which is still pretty steep. I guess if you split it 2 or 3 or 4 ways it's not bad though.

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

Sometimes the ATHS has wheel chocks with branding in them from the event. 

Yes, I posted a picture of whatever it said on there. Nice souvenirs though, I guess. I  had the one picture of a chock that was propped in front of the tire and it looked like it had pushed into the tire an inch or more. They were just a little piece of 4x4, I'm sure they were mainly for show instead of actually being capable of stopping a truck from rolling off.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, other dog said:

Yes!

They had a lot of golf carts there too, they were everywhere! 

Screenshot_20210607-174243_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fc792256ebfd3525365f1c468ae7462f.jpg

You could rent a golf cart, but even Tony Youngblood was complaining about how expensive they were- he said they were $150 a day, but I heard others say they were $100, which is still pretty steep. I guess if you split it 2 or 3 or 4 ways it's not bad though.

Hmmm....I see (lol)     

7 minutes ago, other dog said:

Yes, I posted a picture of whatever it said on there. Nice souvenirs though, I guess. I  had the one picture of a chock that was propped in front of the tire and it looked like it had pushed into the tire an inch or more. They were just a little piece of 4x4, I'm sure they were mainly for show instead of actually being capable of stopping a truck from rolling off.

The novelty wheel chock probably costs twice as much as when the show was planned . No wonder they're tiny

• Like 1