1100 24 tires

Thanks, I went to Speciality tires but it did not show the 11.00-24ml listed.  I wanted to replace the old 1100x24 tires on this old lj wrecker.  Wouldn't be using it for anything just wanted it to look authentic and driveable.  I know the 24 in antique tires are available but they wouldn't look right and way to $.  If I changed the rims (Budd) what would be the tallest tire I could find (probably 24.5 rims)?

You can install 12.00R24 in place of your 11.00-24 as I did and the size increas would be sufficient but not crytical. Also you would get a bit higher road speed at the same RPMs.

The tallest tubeless tyre you can fit using Budd wheels is 12R24.5.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

2 hours ago, AZB755V8 said:

The tires I was looking for were 10.00-22 at the time. Speed rating was 60-65MPH for highway use. Ceat in India was one of the only alternatives to China made Tyres, they spell it that way. Had to wait months for the Ceat's but they were round and are still on the truck. It's a hobby truck now and I would never consider running it loaded.

Checked out Ciat.com and found no truck tyres to fit 22 or 24 inch tube type rims. So seems like those are discontinued now.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

38 minutes ago, 1wonton said:

Sorry for being so dense but when you say "easiest thing to get new 1100-24 rubber on it" do you mean 24.5 rims and tires?

ron

No I do not mean 24.5 rims as they will not fit on 24 inch spoke hubs. What I am saying is changing to a new rim/tire size is a lot of work and finding the part for a 60 year old truck is not that easy ether.

The easiest thing is replace the old tires with new ones of the same size and type. A tubeless tire can not be mounted on a tube type rim even with a tub, the lip is a different design. As fare as the STA tire it is period "time" correct for the age of your truck and you need to call STA to get price and availability, they may have front tires but only special order. The 10.00-22 tires that I run are around $450 a piece there which is not that high in my book. That cost is far less $$ and time than to convert everything over to a different size and type of hub "Budd type or spoke of a different size" if parts can be found. For a hobby truck these tire will be more than fine at lease for the rears. If nothing else is available for 11.00-24 fronts a capable tire shop can buff or cut a traction tire down to look correct for a steer tire for about $100 each. Glad to help :thumb:

Thank you.  I looked at the CEAT website but didn't find these tires.  I tired calling but the number wont work.  Are you saying that the 1100 24 tire is available form this company?  I can buy used  Budd 24.5 rims for $15 a piece, maybe the easiest thing would be to convert to this size.  Where would one find a US dealer if the 1100s are available?

CEAT tires are on my truck and put on it about 15 years ago and are not made by CEAT anymore.

The ML tires are available in the 11.00-24 size are from Specialty Tires of America and their contact info is:

•  

Main Office and Factory

• 1600 Washington Street
    Indiana, PA 15701
    Get Directions
  • Tel: 724-349-9010
  • Fax: 724-349-8192                                                    

That is all that I can help you with and I can not make it any more clear. You asked for 11.00-24 tires, now it is everything but 11.00-24 tires.:idunno:

No, you can not put a Budd rim of any size on a Dayton hub. You have to stay with a 24 inch Dayton rim because you have 24 inch hubs.... Period! The ONLY tire that will work in your application is a 24 inch tube type, Period.

If you want to change to Budd hubs you have to change a lot of parts as I stated before. Take the truck to a tire shop and see what they have to say, start by asking if they change tube type split rims? Best of luck.

I'll give them a call.  Sorry for the misunderstanding;  I have Budd hubs, Budd ten-hole wheels on the truck, not Daytons.  Just looking for something as close to the original 1100-24 diameter, doesn't matter 24.5 or 24 since I could use either.  1000-20 are smaller than what I want.  Thanks again.

On 9/12/2020 at 4:29 PM, 1wonton said:

Dayton rims. What would be the tallest tire and rim compared to the original 1100 24?

This is your answer to the question Dayton or Bud hubs? Sorry for thinking you had Dayton hubs to go with Dayton rims. My misunderstanding.

Just my ignorance but I have never come across a 24 inch Bud rim. 20 and 22 tube type,22.5 and 24.5 tubeless inch yes. But 24 inch no.

You got a photo of the tire and rim? 

You may have to go west to find 24" Budd wheels.. They used Budds long before they were common in the East.. Walter and Oshkosh  snow plows had 12 and 14 X 24 tires on 10 hole Budd wheels (some offset to track in single rears) in the 50's and 60's in upstate NY.

• Like 1

Brocky