1100 24 tires

Chinese tyres seem quite good, plenty of people use them overhere. I even tried a fortune and bought a pair for fronts on my car, 245/45R18 with 240km/h speed index. So far so good. But those tube ones for a truck are only known as 12.00R24 not 11.00 to me.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

38 minutes ago, ekennedy21 said:

I just bought 10 Sumitomo st508 in 11.00r24. Pretty much the only good option left.

Nice-and where are those made?  I have Bridgestones on my front axle -I thought they still made an 11:00R 24?

Joseph's Equip has been advertising that they have a bunch of 12R 24 Goodyears.  Price of course is not published.

5 minutes ago, 1wonton said:

So, is it the consensus that I wont be able to replace the 1100 24's on the truck>  Nothing else will fit the rims?  What tire (rim) would be approximately the same diameter (height) as the old 1100 24's?

Are these dayton or bud hubs? if you have a 24 inch dayton, you have to stay with a 24 inch rim, if bud you can change just the rims, but anything shorter will slow your top end down, don't exactly how much tho.   terry:MackLogo:

yes you can replace them. with either 1100R24, or 1200R24 tires if you want to run the tube style tires and rims. Firestone, Bridgestone, and goodyear still make 24 inch tube style tires. 

if you want to go to a tubeless tire, go to a 11R24.5, or a 12R24.5

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

There is no tubeless substitute for 1100 or 1200 24 tires and rims you can not put tubeless 24.5 in their place unless you change the wheel hubs I’m guessing they ate Dayton’s cause you don’t see too many buds style anymore   

Edited by mrgumby

2 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Nice-and where are those made?  I have Bridgestones on my front axle -I thought they still made an 11:00R 24?

Joseph's Equip has been advertising that they have a bunch of 12R 24 Goodyears.  Price of course is not published.

Sumitomo are made in Japan. Bridgestone discontinued the 11.00r24 and like Michelin, now only make a 12.00r24. The tires, or should I say tyres Brian has advertised are 325/95r24 which I guess are 12.00r24 equivalents for the international market. He texted me a bunch of pictures the other day, but I never asked what he was asking as they don't have the traditional thread pattern I like.

1 hour ago, ekennedy21 said:

Btw, Tomorrow I am going to take some pictures that will put this 24.5 on R24 thing to bed. Tubeless 24.5 spoke size is the same as R22 tube type. The spoke on r24 is 2 inches to large to fit a 24.5 wheel on it.

Good- I always thought.....20" tube type, equals 22.5 tubeless, 22" tube type= 24.5 tubeless, 24" tube type-you are out of luck

By the way your Sumitomo's must have been someones old stock as they don't list 11R-24 on web site.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Good- I always thought.....20" tube type, equals 22.5 tubeless, 22" tube type= 24.5 tubeless, 24" tube type-you are out of luck

By the way your Sumitomo's must have been someones old stock as they don't list 11R-24 on web site.

Sure they do. Search for Sumitomo ST508.

13 hours ago, ekennedy21 said:

Btw, Tomorrow I am going to take some pictures that will put this 24.5 on R24 thing to bed. Tubeless 24.5 spoke size is the same as R22 tube type. The spoke on r24 is 2 inches to large to fit a 24.5 wheel on it.

i did not mean it that way, i meant if you have bolt on rims that 24.5 is an acceptable replacement for 24 inch rims. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

closest to a 11/24 would likely be a 12/24.5 on a ten hole tubeless  Budd wheel  (8.25X24.5), and that's probably still a little shorter than an 11/24.  There's no cheap way to get rubber that big no matter what route you take. Not much point to a big tire on a Budd wheel as stud pilot wheels could never handle the weight a Dayton can at that size, but for a truck used for recreation ???  closest as far as looks

Edited by Mark T
add text

Went through this whole thing over 15 years ago. There are no major brand american made tub type truck tires anymore. I wanted highway tires and do not know what you use your truck for.

Specialty Tires of America does have 11.00-24ML and 12.00-24ML sizes listed and not ridiculously priced. Speed rating is 50MPH for these tires. I really do not know of any truck that runs these tire capable of 50MPH. You did not specify what you are using the truck for. Regional/Vocational use the ML tire would be fine. There are Mining tires that are offered in these sizes as well and have a higher load rating but speed rating is about 20MPH. 

If you should fine Brand name tires they will be dated well over 10 years old and would you trust that old a tire on a commercial truck? The tires I was looking for were 10.00-22 at the time. Speed rating was 60-65MPH for highway use. Ceat in India was one of the only alternatives to China made Tyres, they spell it that way. Had to wait months for the Ceat's but they were round and are still on the truck. It's a hobby truck now and I would never consider running it loaded. The only 12.00-24 tube tires you may find are made in China now. The STA tires maybe made in China as well but it is your only option now. Around here there is only one or two places that will change split rim truck tires and it cost $$. Do places still do it by you?