New here! B60T project

And yes the color is gorgeous seats will go real good in there still don’t get the blue dashboard ha ha Ha as I mentioned before you’ve done more work on that truck in one week than I have done in 27 years ha ha keep it up and thanks for keeping us posted doors look amazing... bob

On 3/5/2021 at 12:09 PM, mowerman said:

And yes the color is gorgeous seats will go real good in there still don’t get the blue dashboard ha ha Ha as I mentioned before you’ve done more work on that truck in one week than I have done in 27 years ha ha keep it up and thanks for keeping us posted doors look amazing... bob

Bob,

The interior is more green than blue, in my opinion.  "Verde Green" is the name of the color. It doesn't photograph authentically - different in natural light than in the photos.  I choose it for the hammered finish and because it echoed the vintage vibe of the original green.  The interior door panels will also be that color.  It works for me. ♥️

Man that’s a beautiful design on those doors yes I will also be painting my truck all apart if I ever get to it God love you for diving on that thing keep up the good work little girl and thanks for keeping us posted also have you ever heard of Power tools??????? Sanding is a breeze with them ha ha Ha... bob

18 hours ago, mowerman said:

Man that’s a beautiful design on those doors yes I will also be painting my truck all apart if I ever get to it God love you for diving on that thing keep up the good work little girl and thanks for keeping us posted also have you ever heard of Power tools??????? Sanding is a breeze with them ha ha Ha... bob

Ha!  Thanks, Bob!  Yes, we have and use power tools (I've gone through countless packages of orbital sander 80 grit disks! But there are some things that require hand work, a sanding block, or a little piece of sand paper, especially on all these curves! 😆

Trust me, I've have my fair share of moments regretting not stripping the paint, but I couldn't see removing the cab and in the order we tackled the project...well it didn't make sense. 

There is a light at the end of this tunnel!

Streak the primer with rattle can flat black paint. It will help when final sand fo perfect flat surfaces.

Simply long board until the black is gone, and the panel will be perfectly flat.

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

2 hours ago, tjc transport said:

Streak the primer with rattle can flat black paint. It will help when final sand fo perfect flat surfaces.

Simply long board until the black is gone, and the panel will be perfectly flat.

Oooo!  Cool tip.  Thanks!

11 hours ago, mowerman said:

That is a genius sometimes no matter how careful you are you starts spraying and always find something you messed whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???? Where the hell did that come from ha ha... bob

oh yea. 

spotless clean smooth panel, finish coat done, and as you walk to the table to set the gun down you just barely touch the hose, or something else to panel. 

#$($#(@)@$%#)@)%_#@#) where did that come from???

oh well, i did not want to sleep tonight anyway.

• Haha 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

1 hour ago, Brocky said:

Skippy,

Thank you for keeping us posted with your progress, your family is doing great work, especially the  fine pictures.. I have been following it from the start..

What I am most impressed with is that your truck is a FAMILY project!! That you have motivated your son to be involved shows us the loving your family has in all of its life. You can be sure that he will value this truck as the "family truck" until he becomes an old man..

Brocky,

Thank you for following along and for the support!  Our son has grown up surrounded by cool projects since he was an infant.  His first visit to the shop was at seven days old.  Shortly after, we put a swing in the shop and he would swing for hours and hours observing projects come to life: boats, planes, jet cars, motorcycles, all kinds of things - as soon as he was old enough to help out, he's been on it! He's got a lot of creativity and natural talent in mechanical and engineering ability, so we foster it as much as we can!  Although my Mack has made it to #3 on his list of favorite trucks in our "fleet", I'll be hard pressed to top his obsession with our old GMC dump truck "Dumpy" - that one is his passion!  He is looking forward to riding around in the Mack, though - and he's a good helper!  😄

• Like 2

My husband had a delivery to do today and my kiddo was able to play outside with his cousin, so I was solo all day on bodywork - and friends, I gotta say, the final detailing of the cab came out better than I planned!  A quiet day with no other obligations proved to be super productive!  I shot rattle can primer/builder over my work and tonight we got another layer of high build primer sprayed before calling it a night.  Even my husband was impressed. 🤩

So, the cab will be in her top coat tomorrow morning!  

Feelin' like a million bucks!

Most recent pictures load first (except the first two, which were at the beginning of the day today): https://sjcreativevt.pixieset.com/skippymack/

IMG-0269.jpg

Edited by SkippyMack
  • Like 2

Getting closer and closer!  The white paint has a few places that need some attention.  I think we got an incorrect P sheet and the mix ended up a little thin, so I have a couple of runs, but nothing that can't be leveled out and buffed back. I'm attacking the nose piece next!

On another note: do you have a bed liner or undercoat type paint that you love? Matte black, textured.  I'm going to paint the rocker under the door around the back - stepping up just to the bottom of the three "panels".  The rockers had to be completely reconstructed and there are visible weldments. The lower portion of the back of the cab had been repaired multiple times (for function only).  Since we're putting a custom bed on her, it made sense to not worry about a pristine repair back there, and I think and undercoat paint will be perfect.  

https://sjcreativevt.pixieset.com/skippymack/

Edited by SkippyMack
  • Like 1