1 hour ago, Jeff M said:

I've never seen an R400 with the plus 3 cab, nor did I know they ever built a Scania with a straight 5 speed.   Does anyone know the last year for the Scania R400?

If I recall correctly, 1985 was the last year. All of the Morgan Millwork R487P box trucks, for example, had 5-speed transmissions.

Plowed snow with a R 400 Scania that had a straight 5 speed. Great plow truck, didn't have power enough to break traction and had good heat because it was always working its 140 HP to the max. LOL

• Like 1

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

15 hours ago, Prowrench said:

Fuel tank is between the frame rails in back of the rear axle I don't know why they didn't use the regular fuel tanks 

Probably some "safety conscience" person speced it that way for volunteer firemen to get in and out, and for fire service did not need a large fuel capacity?

Brocky

19 hours ago, Prowrench said:

Fuel tank is between the frame rails in back of the rear axle I don't know why they didn't use the regular fuel tanks 

I think such option was typical for many firetrucks. Probably to save space for rirefighting equipment at the sides of the chassis and also for weight distribution.

Nice looking unit, congrats on the new toy!

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 6/10/2020 at 2:14 PM, Vladislav said:

I think such option was typical for many firetrucks. Probably to save space for rirefighting equipment at the sides of the chassis and also for weight distribution.

Nice looking unit, congrats on the new toy!

Thank You