New project

david wild

Well you know when go to or call Mack and all you hear is how bad Volvo has screwed up the parts system and like Navistar does not support older equipment is hard to be loyal, I think you could build a new Pete from parts from any after market parts seller, you can buy any part for a 378/379 and I cannot get certain parts for my 98 Mack from Mack and no one  builds crap to make a Mack any better than it is, took me a year just to find real led lights that work, there are dozens for the Pete, add that to the extra power and you wonder why people buy other brands and one more great benefit you can't get a Mack trans in a Pete ( you could maybe but that would be sick) we have had plenty of Petes  and they have been good, the Western Stars were really nice the Kenworths gave us nightmares with electrical problems  and the Macks are great in places where big power is not needed, in fact there is a big off road job coming up and first truck that fits the bill for that will be a Mack RD, so I can spend 10k to change trans to fuller and still have 12 litre engine or spend a little more and 10 years from now if taken care of I will get what a paid for the Pete when I sell it. these are working truck not garage queens.

• Like 1

Nice unit.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who demands respect for my units. I've fired drivers for trash or cigarette crap  in the trucks or not washing it at the end of the day.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Bought in Friday's auction, filter is a add on and just unbolts, just a ripoff so CA. could collect some fees so you could truck a little longer, I like the Mega Flow mufflers and run them anyway and the chino cut pipe so even if it did have a stack it all would come off anyway. and I thought I might get into the boat anchor biz, just repurpose Mack Transmissions ???

There it is Dave....

Ok, meet halfway, keep the Fuller. I’ll get a garbage bag stuffed with pop cans, duct tape it round and round to the flat bottom of the Fuller to give it a triple shaft belly. Hit it with a spray bomb of Mexican Chrome.....You can talk it up, those Pacar boys won’t be the wiser when you tell’em your still driving on top a Mack box. 

Ok, I’m done now. Just make sure the guy you sell the CH to joins BMT so you can switch over to BPT. 

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Haha 2

On 4/26/2020 at 7:16 PM, dogg rescue said:

23 Years ago I saw a hot rod Peterbilt for sale with a Mack 18 speed in it. The owner said it was the only transmission he found that would put up with the torque. 

A Mack trans in a Pete?  I have a suspicion that Dave will not approve of that.....Haha, Andy