And more white stuff

Bullheaded

We go 1/2 inch this morning in central Illinois and it's just below freezing. Going to warm to about mid 40's however so won't hang around long.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Almost got a photo of a very photogenic 4900 Western Star for you yesterday. It is white and a local grain hauler usually pulling a belt trailer. There is a very nice black one too which belongs to a friend locally which is very meticulously maintained. Got him a home built and dyno proven 730hp Detroit under the hood of that one.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Almost got a photo of a very photogenic 4900 Western Star for you yesterday. It is white and a local grain hauler usually pulling a belt trailer. There is a very nice black one too which belongs to a friend locally which is very meticulously maintained. Got him a home built and dyno proven 730hp Detroit under the hood of that one.

I'd like to see those if you ever catch them. Mines in quarantine, LOL

Snow plow just went by again. This sucks. Finally got time off work and I can't even do any yard work.

005 (Large).JPG

This inundating 1/2" of snow received this morning is already gone and life is back to normal.

7 hours ago, 85snowdog said:

Safe here now to. The salter did such a good job. It got rid of the snow and dried the road before the salt left the truck. lol

Seriously, its not very good video. But they were putting down salt ahead of me . Not sure why ? Want the dome empty for summer ? 

My Movie 9 - Medium.mov 1.16 MB · 5 downloads

They gotta burn the budget to get their money for next year. That's how they do it up here. Don't maintain the roads and highways all winter, then when winter is over they have to waste everything away to get their budget back.

Ever see a white gravel road? That's how it is here. Put 4 inches of salt on bare asphalt. But don't plow sand or salt when it is winter.

I had a fight with my township this winter. Even got my government involved. Found out my township gets $500,000 a winter for road maintenance and they have never spent over $50,000.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

I don't have to worry about lawn mowing season yet Rob, LOL This is I woke up too. This sucks. Everything shut down for corona and I can't even get anything done in the yard.

You can see in the second pic there is actually a snow bank at the end of my driveway from the snow plow.

001 (Large).JPG

002 (Large).JPG

I think the flip side of the coin will be an excellent fruit season. If it stayed warm like it had been we’d have seen a freeze off of the buds. This knocked the trees back and even put an inch or two of frost back in the ground. 

10 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

had a fight with my township this winter. Even got my government involved. Found out my township gets $500,000 a winter for road maintenance and they have never spent over $50,000.

The same township that's sitting on that money probably says your triaxle is only worth $52.00/hr for roadwork or hauling snow I'll bet. 

Keith 

Call AL Gore and complain to him about the global warming is not getting spring here fast enough, speaking of global warming if the oceans do rise and NYC was under water then maybe all the virus carriers would get washed out to sea, silver lining to all bad things.

• Like 1

Here in N.E. Indiana we're under a winter weather advisory for Friday. Beginning in the early hours we could see between 3-5" of snow but Saturday is mostly sunny with a high of 49*. Considering the temps I'd say we'll be closer to 3" if that much but I was planning to ride my bike home from the shop Saturday. Now sounds like it will be trailered home. I don't need that kind of mess on fresh paint.

On 4/16/2020 at 1:17 AM, Bullheaded said:

I'd like to see those if you ever catch them. Mines in quarantine, LOL

Snow plow just went by again. This sucks. Finally got time off work and I can't even do any yard work.

005 (Large).JPG

I wouldn't complain 

Good to have a rest, even if its unplanned and unwanted 

Trying living in Australia were most of us go 7 days a week, week in week out, we generally don't mind a day off no matter the reason why

Paul 

2 hours ago, Terry T said:

Here in N.E. Indiana we're under a winter weather advisory for Friday. Beginning in the early hours we could see between 3-5" of snow but Saturday is mostly sunny with a high of 49*. Considering the temps I'd say we'll be closer to 3" if that much but I was planning to ride my bike home from the shop Saturday. Now sounds like it will be trailered home. I don't need that kind of mess on fresh paint.

Here if it snows the Harley gets put away for 2-3 weeks minimum, even if it’s 70 the next day. You could lay a cucumber 🥒 out next to the highway at bedtime and have a salt brine pickle for breakfast..... unless we get a couple hard rains immediately afterward. 

• Like 2

[Trying living in Australia were most of us go 7 days a week, week in week out, we generally don't mind a day off no matter the reason why]

That's how it is for me in the summer mrsmackpaul. Once construction starts it's two weeks on, then your 2 day weekend, then two more weeks. And on your two days off every second weekend you get to wash, grease and service the truck. I have no life in the summer. That's when we have to make out money.

That goes until winter, then winter starts off slow. Just 8 hour shifts maybe 2 days a week on snow. Then it goes to double 8 hours shifts on snow sometimes that lasts 3 months.

But I get 2 months of holidays this time every spring. So this corona really made no difference to me, other than they were planning an early start this year because there is a LOT of work this year.

5 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Here if it snows the Harley gets put away for 2-3 weeks minimum, even if it’s 70 the next day. You could lay a cucumber 🥒 out next to the highway at bedtime and have a salt brine pickle for breakfast..... unless we get a couple hard rains immediately afterward. 

Smart man. I see all the guys getting out early. Why would you want to rust everything?

I got you all beat I get tired of it before it even gets here I hate it we’re about done with it in Reno but I still have to deal with it in the mountains on the way to Los Angeles it’ll be snowing tonight over at Mammoth Lakes I have to go a different route Single drives with two trailers are not allowed over 395 with chain controls  like bah humbug ... bob